Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Player Here Seeking For Some Help

KiraArtz
KiraArtz
Soul Shriven
Hello Fellow Players of ESO

My name is keerah, and I'm a big fan of TESV, so i decided after a lot of time, to buy ESO, but I'm getting delayed by the launcher, since it needs to download 38 GB, I've got no problem with that, My fear is, is there anything else to download after those 38GB? I have a HDD with 700GB free, but i dont want it to become full just by one game

thanks and have fun
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the base game, the DLCs can add some more to that, I think the current game install is around 50GB with all DLCs, but it could be more. I am not at my machine to check. However it won't be bigger than 70GB (and that is a Mac Install so it's probably the largest install size as some files may be redundant on that install)

However you have more than enough room for this and other games.

What platform are you on? If your on the PC, there are some UI Addons you may want to get, but those are small files, a few hundred KB in most cases and you won't have a ton of them.

Welcome to the game, it's a lot of fun. Take your time, no need to rush to end game unless you really want to.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KiraArtz
    KiraArtz
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    That is the base game, the DLCs can add some more to that, I think the current game install is around 50GB with all DLCs, but it could be more. I am not at my machine to check. However it won't be bigger than 70GB (and that is a Mac Install so it's probably the largest install size as some files may be redundant on that install)

However you have more than enough room for this and other games.

What platform are you on? If your on the PC, there are some UI Addons you may want to get, but those are small files, a few hundred KB in most cases and you won't have a ton of them.

Welcome to the game, it's a lot of fun. Take your time, no need to rush to end game unless you really want to.

Yeah I've seen couple of videos with some addons on them, and i dont worry about some KB of addons, I got 46MB of addons on WoW

Thanks for the welcome, When it finishes downloading i'll get into the game

But another little question, Can i really enjoy the Vanilla Game? Or the things like PvE or PvP (Which is what i am aiming for) are Very DLC dependant?
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome! :) And yeah the game is about 50gb total.

Yes you can enjoy the base game without getting all the DLCs :) I played through everything available to me in the base game before going near any of the DLC related zones. That was months and months worth of gaming.

Vanilla PvP is fine too, from what I've heard, the Imperial City dlc (pvp related), is very bad. But haven't tried it myself yet.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • KiraArtz
    KiraArtz
    Soul Shriven
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Welcome! :) And yeah the game is about 50gb total.

Yes you can enjoy the base game without getting all the DLCs :) I played through everything available to me in the base game before going near any of the DLC related zones. That was months and months worth of gaming.

Vanilla PvP is fine too, from what I've heard, the Imperial City dlc (pvp related), is very bad. But haven't tried it myself yet.

Ai'ight Cool, I'm expectating so much fun when this 38 gigs stop downloading, I have average internet so this might take some days, but i'm feeling this will be very worhty

And The last question (Sorreh) Will a GTX 70Ti and i5 run the game properly?

Cheers

-KiraArtz
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiraArtz wrote: »

But another little question, Can i really enjoy the Vanilla Game? Or the things like PvE or PvP (Which is what i am aiming for) are Very DLC dependant?

Sure, I played the Vanilla Game for two years, not counting the DLCs. In fact, I would recommend that you hold off on the DLCs until you get to CP160 (although the TG is nice if your going to steal as those passives can be very beneficial, but not needed as the Legerdemain Passives are good for those activities too).

If you savor the quests and explore, or, play the game TES Style, you can spend 100's of hours doing the content. If you click fest through the quests and grind mobs, you can be L50 in a couple of easy days. It's all in how you want to chew on things.

Sounds like your on the PC, if your on the NA Server, send me an email in the game once you get it loaded and I can get you in a couple of guilds that you can get your feet wet with. Same user name in game as here, @Nestor

One thing I can't stress enough, if your going to Craft, start learning traits now. If you just focus on the stuff you use, you can be making crafted sets inside week, and powerful sets in a coupe of weeks, and some of the best sets in the game in less than two months. However, the 7,8 and 9th traits takes months to learn for the top end sets. There are threads in the crafting section on how to research traits and strategies.

• KiraArtz
    KiraArtz
    Soul Shriven

Sure, I played the Vanilla Game for two years, not counting the DLCs. In fact, I would recommend that you hold off on the DLCs until you get to CP160 (although the TG is nice if your going to steal as those passives can be very beneficial, but not needed as the Legerdemain Passives are good for those activities too).

If you savor the quests and explore, or, play the game TES Style, you can spend 100's of hours doing the content. If you click fest through the quests and grind mobs, you can be L50 in a couple of easy days. It's all in how you want to chew on things.

Sounds like your on the PC, if your on the NA Server, send me an email in the game once you get it loaded and I can get you in a couple of guilds that you can get your feet wet with. Same user name in game as here, @Nestor

One thing I can't stress enough, if your going to Craft, start learning traits now. If you just focus on the stuff you use, you can be making crafted sets inside week, and powerful sets in a coupe of weeks, and some of the best sets in the game in less than two months. However, the 7,8 and 9th traits takes months to learn for the top end sets. There are threads in the crafting section on how to research traits and strategies.

I'm Sorry, CP160? TG? L50? Crafts? Like professions in WoW

I Can't understand any of this terms Since English is not my 1st lenguage

Cheers

-KiraArtz

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers

-KiraArtz

Crafts are like Professions in WOW. In this game they are more for convenience and saving money than for making money. Here are some things to chew on for crafting

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267778/new-guide-to-crafting-103-page-pdf-or-browse-online

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252574/beginner-guides-for-crafting-and-general-stuff-added-poisons-guide

You can level your character to 50 (which will happen naturally before you finish the zones for your initial alliance) then it becomes a Champion Rank for specialization and end game progression. Those are known as Champ Ranks, and are indicated by Champion Point 10 or Champion Point 50 or whatever. CP160 is just an abbreviation. If it helps you to think of it as say Level 80, then that works too.

CP160 is the current max rank for mobs and quests, but your character can go all the way to CP501. You earn champ points faster in the early stages, slower in the later stages. If you over leveled on mobs you get less experience towards your champ points, so I say use up the vanilla content until you get to 160, then you can chase more points in the rest of the content or DLCs

• KiraArtz
    KiraArtz
    Soul Shriven

Cheers

-KiraArtz

Crafts are like Professions in WOW. In this game they are more for convenience and saving money than for making money. Here are some things to chew on for crafting

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267778/new-guide-to-crafting-103-page-pdf-or-browse-online

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252574/beginner-guides-for-crafting-and-general-stuff-added-poisons-guide

You can level your character to 50 (which will happen naturally before you finish the zones for your initial alliance) then it becomes a Champion Rank for specialization and end game progression. Those are known as Champ Ranks, and are indicated by Champion Point 10 or Champion Point 50 or whatever. CP160 is just an abbreviation. If it helps you to think of it as say Level 80, then that works too.

CP160 is the current max rank for mobs and quests, but your character can go all the way to CP501. You earn champ points faster in the early stages, slower in the later stages. If you over leveled on mobs you get less experience towards your champ points, so I say use up the vanilla content until you get to 160, then you can chase more points in the rest of the content or DLCs

Oh my, it seems i got a lot to learn

thanks for all the help, I'll be sure to touch you when im in game

Cheers

-KiraArtz