Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to ESO, New to MMO - Finding community help?

goodcoyote
goodcoyote
Soul Shriven
I'm fairly new to ESO (lvl 21) and this is the first MMO I've ever played. I'm getting along fairly well and understand the game/it's mechanics, but have a few (possibly dumb) questions. I really want to get into community stuff but am not really sure where to start.

1. What is a good way to find people for group dungeons/bosses? I see in zone chat a lot of people looking for groups but don't know how best to go about putting it my own feelers. "LFG (NB tank/dps) Lvl 21 new to MMO, confused, will work hard but suffer from lag and noob-ness" is not exactly a promising message. I got invited to a guild but there doesn't seem to be much community happening? Am I missing guild forums or decent chat?

2. Off of that- are there good guilds/spaces for new or less experienced gamers to work together? I'm not very experienced with games in general and don't want to get into a situation where I drag people down because I'm not super skilled and am running the game on an older MacBook. People being salty/rude because I'm not amazing is something I expect and can deal with, but would prefer to avoid if I can, y'know?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interacting with other people will always have different results.
    You might be surprised how helpful or how rude some people can be.

Nevertheless, I urge you to start participating in dungeons from as early as you can, since the difficulty of dungeons is far more relevant for endgame than world mob difficulty, which is far too easy. You won't learn anything by playing solo. If you want to play the role of tank in dungeons, make sure you are equipped properly and have adequate skills (taunt). Tanks are in low supply, and marking yourself as one will ensure you get a group faster.

That being said, here are some ways you can look for a group for dungeons:
    • Via zone chat. There are plenty of players looking for group member for specific dungeons that are Undaunted daily pledges - gold and silver (veteran and normal). You cannot participate in veteran dungeons until you are lvl 50, those are much harder than normal versions which you will have no trouble finishing. Simply whisper someone that is looking for a dd or tank for normal dungeons. This zone chat spam will be present in the capitals of each alliance (Elden Root, Mournhold, Wayrest), because that is where the Undaunted daily quest hubs are.
    • In guild chat. To ask for group, simply write "lvl 21 dd/tank lfg random normal or silver". This is even better since you will form friendships inside dungeons, and every time you enjoy the experience with certain players, you can always form groups with those players tomorrow or the next day.
    • In the Group window (P). You can enter a queue for a random or specific normal dungeon which will automatically group you with 3 other players with corresponding roles (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 damage dealers). Make sure you mark your roles before applying. This method is the least popular because it is mostly used by new (less experienced) players, and sometimes result in horribly bad experiences where it should have been a smooth run.

I am confident you will do well, since you obviously have the will to search for help on the forum.
    If you have any questions about tanking, search the forums or send me a message, I'll be glad to help.
    Edited by Dubhliam on July 20, 2016 8:43PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<