Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirnhoned - Slight Buff?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems that there is no reason really to use this trait anymore. On weapons, it is outclassed by Sharpened/Precise. On armor, I'd rather use Reinforced/Sturdy. Perhaps you can find some room here for Nirnhoned but I'd think it's not really worth it over Reinforced/Sturdy/Infused.

Am I missing something or is Nirnhoned, the hardest to obtain/rarest trait, honestly useless except for learning 9 traits?

This trait should be BiS, at least by a tiny bit in PvE, over Precise and Sharpened for weapons. It should also see use on armor and find a way to be helpful, even if not for tanking.

So yeah I just wanted to make a quick poll about this. Should Nirnhoned on weapons and/or armor get buffed at least a little?
Edited by Vaoh on July 18, 2016 11:03AM

Nirnhoned - Slight Buff? 32 votes

Buff Nirnhoned for both weapons and armor
71%
Kensei_ESOThe_Legendary_AryaGilGaladAemon_IsklexiOurorborosCîanaiTarukmocktoAmmonErebosEasily_Lostcode65536PC0523VaohmaxjapankVolrionSkinzzBlackbird_VTarguriskylewwefanjwarren68raaphor 23 votes
Buff Nirnhoned on weapons
12%
nickreb17_ESOMinalanFoxicAmdar_Godkiller 4 votes
Buff Nirnhoned on armor
6%
Lord_Eomersusmitds 2 votes
Don't Buff Nirnhoned
9%
solllookstwiceXeven 3 votes
Other
0%
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Nirnhoned on weapons
    For the armor nirn to get buffed, they'd need to raise the resistance cap. Until then both Nirnhoned and Reinforced will be third
    tier traits.

The weapon trait should be buffed to 14% and sharpened should be nerfed about 60%
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnhorned should definitely be worth the price and rarity. However, I don't have 9 traits on everything yet, so they should wait to buff it until after I do. That way the prices will be lower. :p
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned needs a buff.
    It should makes sens to use it in both Weapons and/or armor.

I just hope they don't counter balance it so it's without any reasonable doubt the go to trait to use, no matter what.

In a perfect world, all traits should be viable for different reasons / builds.
    It doesn't feel like this to me right now.

It wouldn't feel like this either if Nirn was just as strong as it was in the past (compared to Sharpened and other trait).
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability