Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just Starting Out

MrDreadful
I'm literally just starting out, so I wanted a little bit of direction for placing my skill points. My idea was a PvE Stam DPS DK focused on 2H. I threw in Orc for racial, because I personally wanted to play one, but I know it's considered less than optimal.

"build" here

So am I living in a crazy dreamworld and likely to get everyone around me killed, or can I make this work?
Edited by MrDreadful on July 14, 2016 8:28PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a VR16 DK, Orc as well. But I tank mainly now. But I leveled with a 2H and had almost the same set up. Plus with the Champion Points you can have those dots really stacking up and doing damage.

Once you start to get to higher lvls, gear and some tweeking might need to come into play if you are doing any trials or PvP.

The nice thing I have learned with ESO is that alot of builds will work. The game and forums are constantly finding and bringing new builds to the table. Stick with it and see how it works for you. Some places like Mael Arena you might need to switch up a few talents and I would say PvP to get Vigor. That is your best self heal and much better IMO than Dragon Blood.

After that Caltrops is nice for AOE damage as well. Also work on Fighters Guild for Flawless Dawnbreaker, you get passive weapon damage as well.

But down the road when you hit max you can gear yourself in Monster sets and crafted sets that will top everything off.

Hope this helps, Like I said its just my opinion.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • darkside0071
    there are a lott of good quests out there, make sure you dont forget the side quests!

Have fun!
  • MrDreadful
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, guys! And, yes, I'm a quest junkie so I'll be doing every one I can get my grubby hands on. =)
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    MrDreadful wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, guys! And, yes, I'm a quest junkie so I'll be doing every one I can get my grubby hands on. =)

Haha there isn't a shortage of quests to do that's for sure. If you can't find any, than one literally come to you lol oh yeah join a guild also. Not only can you get people to help you out, they can also make you armor and weapons also. Happy questing :smiley:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So am I living in a crazy dreamworld and likely to get everyone around me killed, or can I make this work?

You can make any build in this game work, outside of certain PvP and Trials and Vet Level Group Dungeons. Just have fun.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I start a new character , I make it a point to swap to every different weapon set in order to level them all . I only sink skill points in the skills I know I'm using for sure awhile . But leveling everything helps when I make the final build and it's a lot easier to do at the start quests .
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm literally just starting out, so I wanted a little bit of direction for placing my skill points. My idea was a PvE Stam DPS DK focused on 2H. I threw in Orc for racial, because I personally wanted to play one, but I know it's considered less than optimal.

"build" here

The absolute best advice I can give to a just starting out player is to get as far from these forums as possible. Get out there, play the game, experiment and learn. These forums exist only to point out every perceived flaw and corrupt your experience.

Leave this place, for your own good.
    It's too late for us, save yourself.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on July 15, 2016 5:09PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • MrDreadful
    Lol, honestly I've searched for info and it's all been "Imperial or Redguard or give up" and "DW/bow or don't bother" but I like my way better. And I want to be an Orc so I can make the best armor.