Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find daggerfall convenant motif?

chadw17
chadw17
I have gathered that I must be in Cyrodiil, correct me if that is not right. My question is where should I be looking? Any tips on the best places would be greatly appreciated. I am only level 24, but I love this armor style but I also have never done any PvP. Thanks for any feedback.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that you can only find these chapters in cyrodiil and IC chests.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy the pages from guild traders, but at level 24, you prob won't have enough funds for a lot of them
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I'm not sure but I think you can only find the motiff for the faction you are in. At least I only ever found Covenant motifs.
    PC/EU DC
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    I am in daggerfall covenant so that's a start. If I can find someone selling chapters what should I be prepared to pay for them?
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox NA they tend to range from 10K to 30K. At least they did a month ago, I haven't looked in a while.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for starters your character will have to be in the Daggerfall Covenant to find the motifs, as you'll only be able to find the motif of the alliance you belong to.

I've been able to find them in four locations in Cyrodiil and guessed my drop rates so far:

- Treasure chests from Cyrodiil treasure maps (my drop rate = 3/3)
    - Overworld chests (my drop rate = roughly 50/50 chance)
    - Chests inside delves (my drop rate = roughly 1/15)
    - Chests in the Imperial City including both the sewers and the districts, but not including trophy vaults (my drop rate = roughly 4/30)

I prefer to farm overworld chests because their drop rate seems to be the best, I often find them hiding among rocks and against trees like any other zone. They respawn too, so once you find one you could just open it, do a delve or something, then come back and open it again.

Hope that helps!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    Thanks you think it would be best to look in other alliance zones at the guild traders or in daggefall? Sorry for all the questions, I am very new to this game so I have a lot to learn. I am on Xbox NA by the way.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can be at any guild trader in any location
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy Cyrodiil treasure maps for guild traders for about 2,000 each if you want to try those since that dude posted about being 3/3 in finding them in treasure chests there.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy Cyrodiil treasure maps for guild traders for about 2,000 each if you want to try those since that dude posted about being 3/3 in finding them in treasure chests there.

"That dude" :D. It's not a 100% drop rate because I know others who have opened treasure chests without luck, but it definitely seems to have the highest drop rate of all the options. I actually have a 4th map on me that I need to open at some point to see if I get another one, so I may drop that figure down to 75% in a little bit.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

"That dude" :D. It's not a 100% drop rate because I know others who have opened treasure chests without luck, but it definitely seems to have the highest drop rate of all the options. I actually have a 4th map on me that I need to open at some point to see if I get another one, so I may drop that figure down to 75% in a little bit.

Haha. I still think it's a better option than dropping all of that gold on the pages, but if this guy is as bad as I am at PVP, he might have a brutal time trying to get to those treasure chests in Cyrodiil.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you might not want to buy these yet anyway, because I think your crafting has to be at level 10 to make them, which you prob aren't at yet.
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    I'm guessing these maps are sold inside cyrodiil
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Haha. I still think it's a better option than dropping all of that gold on the pages, but if this guy is as bad as I am at PVP, he might have a brutal time trying to get to those treasure chests in Cyrodiil.

I'm appalling at pvp myself, which is why I tend to prefer looking for overworld chests close to my alliance base to get them because I don't normally get attacked. What the OP could do I suppose is look up all the Cyrodiil treasure map locations and only purchase ones that can be looted close to the Covenant base if they don't want to venture out too far. They're all here: teso.mmorpg-life.com/cyrodiil-treasure-map-locations-guide/
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    I am at level 12 with blacksmithing
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chadw17 wrote: »

They can be sold at any guild trader anywhere in Tamriel.

Edit: They can also drop as loot occasionally anywhere in Tamriel.
    Edited by ListerJMC on July 14, 2016 12:00AM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add to the Cyrodiil treasure map success rate. I opened two today and both had a Covenant motif.
    PC/EU DC
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

These maps are sold by players through guild traders.
    PC/EU DC
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    I've got about 25k to spend on whatever method works best. I really only want enough chapters for a complete set of heavy armor at the moment.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭

It's your blacksmithing rank which matters, not level.
  • chadw17
    chadw17

Oh I see ha thanks. Yeah I am nowhere near that level yet, only 3 or 4 i believe.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh I see ha thanks. Yeah I am nowhere near that level yet, only 3 or 4 i believe.

Your character won't be able to learn the style yet then.
    PC/EU DC
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, then your only hope is to find someone who will craft whatever pieces it is that you want. I only have the chest and maybe the shoulders I think. I can at least do those for ya if you want.
  • chadw17
    chadw17

Well, then your only hope is to find someone who will craft whatever pieces it is that you want. I only have the chest and maybe the shoulders I think. I can at least do those for ya if you want.

I will take whatever I can get, what materials do I need to get you and how much?
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't charge and I'll get the materials myself. I just need your gamer tag so I can send them to you.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I need to know if you want medium, heavy or light armor
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    Heavy, gt is delta7teen
    Thanks a lot bro that's awesome. Would gladly help you with anything that I could down the road.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I'll go make what I can and send them to you.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I had was the chest and gauntlets, but I just sent those to you for level 24 and level 26 for when you get there.
  • chadw17
    chadw17
    Thanks a ton man I really appreciate it. Let me know if I can ever repay you.