Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

LF Blacksmith crafting/deconstruction partner (LvL 12+)

Pete_ESO85
Pete_ESO85
Soul Shriven
Hi , im currently looking for a blacksmith crafting partner at a similar crafting level to me (Blacksmith level 12) , with metal working 3 (orichalcum) and preferably the intricate crafting trait , to help each other out with leveling. I've heard deconstructing other players crafted items is the most efficient way. We could craft each other our max level daggers for example with intricate trait for extra exp then mail/trade them. If your interested in trying this out let me know :) Playing on EU servers

Character name : Kurzad ( Character level 33 )
Edited by Pete_ESO85 on July 12, 2016 7:57AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete_ESO85 wrote: »
    I've heard deconstructing other players crafted items is the most efficient way.

At one time, it might have been, however that is no longer the case. Other player made items give the same Inspiration (Crafting Exp) as Mob loot does. So, go out and find some squishy mobs, Public Dungeons are good for this and farm mobs for loot.

Also, you can't make Intricate items, only find them as mob loot, or buy them in Guild Stores/Kiosks. Do not buy too high a level as your exp is capped based on crafting level. In your case, I would not chase any Intricates that are more than L30 in the stores, as you won't get any more Inspiration from them as stuff nearer your crafting level.

Another thing that is more important than leveling crafting is to learn Traits. You need to know at least two traits on an item in order to craft special set items that give bonuses. Also, research gives a nice hit of Inspiration on completion of each trait so that helps the leveling too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Players can't craft intricate items. You're better off running a public dungeon (or any place you can get armor/weapons quickly) and deconning everything you pick up.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, the gear that you can steal gives 10% of the Inspiration that Mob Loot does, even if you Launder it, so if you steal gear, just fence it for gold and buy Intricate items from a Guild Store/Kiosk with the gold you get from fencing.

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Just remember, the gear that you can steal gives 10% of the Inspiration that Mob Loot does, even if you Launder it, so if you steal gear, just fence it for gold and buy Intricate items from a Guild Store/Kiosk with the gold you get from fencing.

If you launder it, then upgrade it to green, that seems to change it to non-stop en experience level.

Champion level intricate from guild traders is still better (and improving those to green gives a bigger boost to the inspiration bonus, too.)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »

If you launder it, then upgrade it to green, that seems to change it to non-stop en experience level.

@SolarCat02

You know, it used to be that way. But I tried this in the past just after the nerf and it did not seem to help at all. I will try it again and see tonight.

It may also have to be an item that does not go to 0 value after Laundering too. I will try and test both. I also wonder if the order (launder-improve) or (improve-launder) has any effect on it.

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@SolarCat02

You know, it used to be that way. But I tried this in the past just after the nerf and it did not seem to help at all. I will try it again and see tonight.

It may also have to be an item that does not go to 0 value after Laundering too. I will try and test both. I also wonder if the order (launder-improve) or (improve-launder) has any effect on it.

Good question. I would be interested in the answer.

I was doing it with the 0g value dungeon pickups from City of Ash. (In my experience, 0g loot is treated like stolen, crafting-wise). I got more daedra hearts from the improved ones than the white ones. So improving still does *something*.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was doing it with the 0g value dungeon pickups from City of Ash. (In my experience, 0g loot is treated like stolen, crafting-wise). I got more daedra hearts from the improved ones than the white ones. So improving still does *something*.

@SolarCat02

The 0 Value Trash loot that is not stolen may not have the same issue, in that you can improve it and get full inspiration. Not that there are many of those around as compared to what you can steal

Something else to test.

Also, something else I noticed, I deconn'd a Blue item I got from a Thieves Trove because I already had it, and it gave 10% of the inspiration. Something else to consider if your going to decon one of those.

Edited by Nestor on July 12, 2016 10:41PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SolarCat02

I had a 0 Gold item (voidsteel girdle) and improved it to green. When I deconned it, I got back 5 metals and the temper. I did this on my maxed blacksmither so I did not see the inspiration gains, but based on mat return, I would say it is similar to a looted green small armor piece.

So, it appears that non stolen 0 value items are worth improving and deconning.

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor Awesome! Thanks for confirming it wasn't a fluke on my end. :)