The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Red Diamond (Imperial Racial Passive)

• iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with the OP. Red Diamond is incredibly underwhelming compared to other racial passives. Changing it to something that could help with sustain or damage would make the passive worth its skill points.
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it if Red Diamond was Max Magicka instead of the pitiful unnoticeable heal.

It would truly represent Imperials as a jack of all trades master of none race.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert / @Wrobel,

If you don't like my OP idea or don't see the need for a fundamental overhaul of this passive, would you at least consider changing the current Red Diamond health return to proc on damage taken instead of melee damage done?

That would at least greatly increase its relevance and make it useful for a greater variety of builds. I'm begging you guys to give it some love. Time is running out :(
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert / @Wrobel, one final comment and plea:

Imperials are the flagship feature of the Imperial Edition upgrade. Please, for the love of all things Elder Scrolls, don't keep them effectively locked out out of over 50% of the game's build options.

+Health and +stamina are useful, but on par with every other racial bonus. Red Diamond needs expanded usefulness, especially where ranged builds and magicka builds are concerned.

I know time is running short, but I believe in you. Let's make this happen.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this proc off of stamina costing skills like in DW or 2H
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use rapid strikes there are decent odds you get a proc every second or so. So 6% hp per second no matter how much you have. It can be a lot.

Buffing it more would be like the healing per second from surge... too much for a racial...

Edited by Reykice on July 28, 2016 12:42PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    If you use rapid strikes there are decent odds you get a proc every second or so. So 6% hp per second no matter how much you have. It can be a lot.

Buffing it more would be like the healing per second from surge... too much for a racial...

I don't think the heal value itself needs a buff at all. I want to see the mechanic changed to become useful for more build types.

For the record, I have never seen it proc at a rate even close to once per second, and I use Biting Jabs for primary DPS (although I PvP almost exclusively). Even if you could actually achieve that type of healing output, it requires 100% offensive melee uptime, which is not realistic...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer:

Imperial Physique: 6% mag, stam, health.

and

Imperial Luck: 3-6% ultimate cost reduction and 1% gold gained OR 3-6% extra chance on Armour/Weapon set procs.

That would stop me changing my Imperial MagDK to a Dunmer next patch. Too late now though, ZOS finished "balancing" the racial passives now.
    PC EU
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't make sense for Red Diamond to have a proc chance when Redguards have guaranteed proc on Adrenaline Rush.

And I say that as someone who doesn't even have an Imperial right now.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Reykice Did you try it? Cause last time when I tried to proc the skill on rapid strikes and jabs it can only proc on the first hit.
    Because I can!
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@Reykice Did you try it? Cause last time when I tried to proc the skill on rapid strikes and jabs it can only proc on the first hit.

Not in a very long time... was it changed?
  • Mikazan
    Mikazan
    ✭✭
    Ahm. I agree that Red Diamond ability is not as good as others. And first of all - i cant understand why this ability works so - it is illogically.
    Let us remember the song:
    Red Diamond! Red Diamond!
    The heart and soul of Men.
    Protect us till the end.

So imperials belive in protection of Red Diamond. Mybe it will be better if this passive would give small damage shield on hits? I think it will be much more lore-friendly than some sort of vampiric.
    Edited by Mikazan on July 29, 2016 6:26AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Not in a very long time... was it changed?

I tested it 6 months after release and it proced only on the initial hit. That is why I asked is it changed?
    Ahm. I agree that Red Diamond ability is not as good as others. And first of all - i cant understand why this ability works so - it is illogically.
    Let us remember the song:
    The heart and soul of Men.
    Protect us till the end.

So imperials belive in protection of Red Diamond. Mybe it will be better if this passive would give small damage shield on hits? I think it will be much more lore-friendly than some sort of vampiric.

If the passive provides physical resistance it will be far more useful than right now. The only reason why this passive is not buffed is because people will cry in the forum that it is pay to win as the race is locked.
    Because I can!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No channges for Red Diamond or Imperials in 2.5.5. I'm super disappointed.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make it so it proc's off of damage and it's good
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope it'll get buff but until this time all what;s left is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwltEBRrqs
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Make it similar to redguards.

3%of max health back every 5 secs on all attacks.

Or rework it completely.

3% of max health back every 5 sec on blocking incoming damage.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait everyone :open_mouth:

We know, ZOS wants to give max health some changes, so let's wait for them first, this is something imperial benefits most from.
    Also this update should bring overall changes on many parts, maybe the passives, too :smile:
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out that the tool tip in character creation says they have bonuses to gold drop rates, magicka, shields, health and stamina. Where is the magicka part?

Also the red diamon curently ties Imperials strongly into melee builds, which limits their versability. Would love to see some magic related skill instead of the Red Diamon.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that the tool tip in character creation says they have bonuses to gold drop rates, magicka, shields, health and stamina. Where is the magicka part?

Also the red diamon curently ties Imperials strongly into melee builds, which limits their versability. Would love to see some magic related skill instead of the Red Diamon.

It's a melee race. Do you see %max magicka anywhere? Bad idea. People need to stop giving devs bad ideas.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »

It's a melee race. Do you see %max magicka anywhere? Bad idea. People need to stop giving devs bad ideas.

No. I dont. That is why it's strange it is mentioned in character creation.
    Edited by Sinolai on December 12, 2016 5:26PM
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I dont. That is why it's strange it is mentioned in character creation.

So they should perhaps fix the text in character creation rather than changing the Imperial passive that's been balanced by ZOS for PVE/PVP content to make it more viable for magicka and less viable for stamina. Each race in this game is predominantly suited to either magicka or stamina.
    If you're talking about a racial system overhaul to allow for more diversity without really sacrificing combat capabilities, I can get behind that, but the way you've phrased your point.. you don't balance a game around antiquated character creation text. It's ridiculous.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind I never play a mage, but I agree with the others. I would gladly sacrifice as a Stam player Red Diamond's effect and have it made into a Mana +10% like the stamina one.

The Red Diamond lore is really magic heavy so it would make lore sense. And if you are going to pay for a race it may as well be jack of all.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    Keep in mind I never play a mage, but I agree with the others. I would gladly sacrifice as a Stam player Red Diamond's effect and have it made into a Mana +10% like the stamina one.

The Red Diamond lore is really magic heavy so it would make lore sense. And if you are going to pay for a race it may as well be jack of all.

Or you could make their 2nd passive scale with whichever stat is higher (stamina or magicka), and make the 3rd passive useful to both playstyles. That way, players wouldn't feel disadvantaged knowing the opportunity cost of having something like 10% max magicka as a racial passive when it isn't personally that valuable a stat (and vice versa with 10% stam for some magicka users).

Imperial currently is not the best race for anything IIRC. The end-game is mostly about specialization and relevant stat value. Stam DPS picks Khajit for PVE and Orc, Redguard, and Bosmer primarily for PVP. Magicka I'm not so familiar with, but I'm pretty sure it's generally High Elf. Your proposal would do so little to close the gap that it would be a waste of time and effort on ZOS' end. The race that's locked by a pay gate should be a jack of all trades? Why? It should be adaptable and competitive with the best.
    Edited by Yiko on December 12, 2016 10:47PM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »

Or you could make their 2nd passive scale with whichever stat is higher (stamina or magicka), and make the 3rd passive useful to both playstyles. That way, players wouldn't feel disadvantaged knowing the opportunity cost of having something like 10% max magicka as a racial passive when it isn't personally that valuable a stat (and vice versa with 10% stam for some magicka users).

Imperial currently is not the best race for anything IIRC. The end-game is mostly about specialization and relevant stat value. Stam DPS picks Khajit for PVE and Orc, Redguard, and Bosmer primarily for PVP. Magicka I'm not so familiar with, but I'm pretty sure it's generally High Elf. Your proposal would do so little to close the gap that it would be a waste of time and effort on ZOS' end. The race that's locked by a pay gate should be a jack of all trades? Why? It should be adaptable and competitive with the best.

Well what could be done is add a mage friendly passive to the Stam boost and a Stam friendly one to the mana. Keep RDs effect and add the +10% boost and to the Stam boost add maybe.... idk,I don't play mage so I don't know what would be useful.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer