Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do I put my CP into for magic damage now (Magicka DK)?

Blackbird_V
Blackbird_V
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know when it was changed, but I'm really unsure what to put mine in.

I am a Magicka DK PVE so I'm mostly doing flame damage. So, should I put my points into Elemental Expert?
Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is pretty close to what I do

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-1-8-the-yolo-wizard-magicka-sorcerer-insane-burst-dps-pve-build/

I do make sure I have 30 points in the tree that unlocks Riposte, Blocking someone to death is too fun.
    Edited by Nestor on July 7, 2016 7:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elemental expert yes, if your crit is high enough elfborn (esp if you only PvE), spell erosion for extra spell penetration is ALWAYS GOOD, and asuming you use you class skills &/or destro thaumatage for increase DoT
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    I don't know when it was changed, but I'm really unsure what to put mine in.

I am a Magicka DK PVE so I'm mostly doing flame damage. So, should I put my points into Elemental Expert?

Elemental Expert is your highest priority. If you're at the CP cap you'll want 100 points into that. As a magicka DK you'll also want some into Thaumaturge and the rest into Elfborn, Spell Erosion and Staff Expert (depending on how much you use your staff attack, which is probably a good bit).