The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS | Break Free isn't working as intended.

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm not even kidding. When you're the victim of fear/mass hysteria, there's a big delay on break free (usually 80% of the time, especially in popular compaigns and no it's not just down to lag because it's the same in PvE/Dungeons.)

I don't know if it's just a console issue but it happens. People will also confirm this if they're not scared to admit it in fear of fear getting nerfed or something. (get it? fear of fear itself being nerfed!) it's more of a problem with break free's response WHEN feared.

Literally just took me 3-4 seconds to break free from Mass Hysteria and by that point, it was too late to block and heal. GG

Please fix this. This has been happening for many many months if not years (I'm sure someone on PC will admit this too) @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Also here's some proof of Break Free not registering, and still costing (draining double) Stamina.

Edited by Molag_Crow on July 24, 2016 1:38PM
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same experience with it. You can't breakfree immediately.
    Edited by Armitas on June 30, 2016 9:23PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lucky if I can break free at all. Even with 40k stamina it drains it all yet I'm still not free. It's that reason I'm going back to magic so at least I can purge myself.
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    same. it makes it really hard to 1v1
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    I'm lucky if I can break free at all. Even with 40k stamina it drains it all yet I'm still not free. It's that reason I'm going back to magic so at least I can purge myself.

silly boy
    because its possible
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Even worse sometimes after Break Free finally happens CC Immunity doesn't even work and you can get CC'd again straight away.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    but yes breakfree is broken.
    because its possible
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »

Indeed. I can't believe this hasn't even been acknowledged as an issue yet, and if it has, then it would have been fixed by now (or attempted...)

Also, let's not forget that just after you dodge roll (or while you dodge roll) you can be feared INSTANTLY. So you dodge roll to avoid attacks and then your character's too busy running away with his/her hands on his/her head in fear, then comes the delay break free and then it's usually too late.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

Also, let's not forget that just after you dodge roll (or while you dodge roll) you can be feared INSTANTLY. So you dodge roll to avoid attacks and then your character's too busy running away with his/her hands on his/her head in fear, then comes the delay break free and then it's usually too late.

This info is totally wrong.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Prove it's wrong then?
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prove it's wrong then?

You are making the statement. It is your responsibility to verify and provide your proof. Stop going around spewing information without proper proof.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Some times when I get feared my character runs away like 50mph and can't break cc
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Prove it's wrong then?

You are making the statement. It is your responsibility to verify and provide your proof. Stop going around spewing information without proper proof.

I could record it for you but then how would you know that I'm clicking break free with my fingers (console triggers) immediately? duh
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is terrible. It's even worse when you have multiple characters attacking you at the same time like in PvP. A lot of times I can't even break out
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not only on PvP. Yesterday I went on Elden Hollow normal pledge and I died stupidly on the twilight fight because I couldn't break free the fear fast enough.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experience this from time to time. Many times I can break fear right away but sometimes break free just won't work no matter how much stamina I have. Nothing more frustrating then furiously mashing the shoulders buttons vainly trying to break free as someone is able to beat on me a full four seconds while I'm totally helpless.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all CCs not just fear something I can't get up from wrecking blow sometimes it's dawn breaker. It's not just fear. Also sometimes I don't get my cc immunity and I get CC'd back to back
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭

Can confirm it has happened to me. Most of time due to lag and massive animation cancelling, but been a few times where lag wasn't the issue.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have fear on my bar anymore because of this. On many occasions i have used fear on players and the cc was un-break-able. At that point i just stop dealing damage since its so unfair.

I don't mind a cc ability to stop perma-blockers but it is pretty broken. When lag is involved good luck. Theres a reason i use immovable potions in pvp so often.

Its not only fear that is causing issues though. Lag in general with all cc's is death. By the time you cc break, anyone can put in enough damage to kill someone. If your outnumbered its instant death. This is also another reason why ive started to use summon image on my nightblade. When your outnumbered its generally gg if lag is present.

PS4 NA DC
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have fear on my bar anymore because of this. On many occasions i have used fear on players and the cc was un-break-able. At that point i just stop dealing damage since its so unfair.

I don't mind a cc ability to stop perma-blockers but it is pretty broken. When lag is involved good luck. Theres a reason i use immovable potions in pvp so often.

Its not only fear that is causing issues though. Lag in general with all cc's is death. By the time you cc break, anyone can put in enough damage to kill someone. If your outnumbered its instant death. This is also another reason why ive started to use summon image on my nightblade. When your outnumbered its generally gg if lag is present.
    Good to see someone has morals and decency :)
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try being frozen in place and getting killed while being 100% helpless.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    In crowded places, its visual effect doesn't even show up.
    Add it that to the fact that your character doesn't even do anything at all (no run, no panic animation, he just stands still) and you get the picture.

That skill needs to be fixed.
    FIXED, not NERFED.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never live long enough in PVP to see what fear did to me.I know the streaky sorc peeps have this mojo they put on me that keeps me in the fetal position forever. Fear near the bridge had me go into the slaughter fishes. I don't have enough stamina to break free and i die . But then again I die to argonian bites. The fear is something that I don't know enough about.

Stay chipper and happy people we make our moods.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Respect! although I don't blame you if you use it because it's there to be used, even though it's pretty broken... but then again, I don't use malubeth even though I know it's still bugged :p

That's usually the typical combo. I'm at 28k HP on my back bar when I'm trying to tank a NB and they're pumping out insane damage, I'm blocking and breaking their fear ever 6(?) seconds until I'm completely out of stamina... I think the stamina costs of blocking is too high, personally.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    qrichou wrote: »
    but yes breakfree is broken.

Wtf isnt broken in this game? Crownstore?
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed in many situations, it's not possible at all to break free, even with enough stamina for that. The character is just stuck the hands on his hands until the opponent kill you or the cc is over.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only break free is broken?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Only break free is broken?

I'd lose my mind if I tried to pinpoint the "others" :dizzy:
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The big issue is the dumb CC system. You can have several CC effects on you. You receive the CC immunity when you are not CCed. Sometimes if you break free immediately and the server lags, it doesnt realized that you break freed and you could be CC one more time, then the server receive your break free charge you for stamina but you are still CCed by the second CC that came.

The system should be changed to: after you are CCed you should immediately receive CC immunity even that you are still CCed. After the CC finishes or you breakfree your CC immunity should be refreshed one more time to 8 seconds.
    Because I can!
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    Yes.

Even worse sometimes after Break Free finally happens CC Immunity doesn't even work and you can get CC'd again straight away.

THIS.IS.THE WORST.

Usually this happens in combination with bugs like this:

- I get CC'ed, instantly break free
    - While breaking free I receive a Fear to the face and my character stands there, not responding to any Controler/Keyboard Input for like 1-3 seconds at all (im spamming break free and cursing like crazy at this point)
    - Then, after that, he starts running away suddenly (because of fear) and only at that point, the Input is accepted and it works again.

So basically I get stunned, break free (losing 1/3 of stam), then just stand there for 1-3 sec and now I have to break free again (losing 2/3 stam). If im not dead at this point, im forced into shield spamming/heal spamming.

I suspect this is an issue closely related to the "Fear" Ability itself and should be looked into, its easily one of the most enraging things that can happen in PvP. Usually when someone breaks free, you have to use "Fear" and if your timing was correct, the breaking free guy/girl is cc'ed again.
    Edited by Birdovic on July 1, 2016 1:25PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    In crowded places, its visual effect doesn't even show up.
    Add it that to the fact that your character doesn't even do anything at all (no run, no panic animation, he just stands still) and you get the picture
    THIS

It's so bad that even with addons like FTC the stunned or off-balance messages are delayed and editar don't know wtf is going on
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.