The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

@ZOS | Break Free isn't working as intended.

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    The big issue is the dumb CC system. You can have several CC effects on you. You receive the CC immunity when you are not CCed. Sometimes if you break free immediately and the server lags, it doesnt realized that you break freed and you could be CC one more time, then the server receive your break free charge you for stamina but you are still CCed by the second CC that came.

The system should be changed to: after you are CCed you should immediately receive CC immunity even that you are still CCed. After the CC finishes or you breakfree your CC immunity should be refreshed one more time to 8 seconds.

Agreed! 8 second immunity should be automatically granted after being CC'd, that would make combat much more fluid and balanced rather than who has the most CC and who doesn't have immunity potions up all of the time. There's a bug at the moment where silver shards (or something) in the FG skill line, keeps players flat out on the floor... it's crazy.
    Edited by Molag_Crow on July 2, 2016 10:05AM
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    I don't have fear on my bar anymore because of this. On many occasions i have used fear on players and the cc was un-break-able. At that point i just stop dealing damage since its so unfair.

I don't mind a cc ability to stop perma-blockers but it is pretty broken. When lag is involved good luck. Theres a reason i use immovable potions in pvp so often.

Its not only fear that is causing issues though. Lag in general with all cc's is death. By the time you cc break, anyone can put in enough damage to kill someone. If your outnumbered its instant death. This is also another reason why ive started to use summon image on my nightblade. When your outnumbered its generally gg if lag is present.
    Good to see someone has morals and decency :)

I think of it as just good sportsmanship. I'm also someone who does not use Shuffle or Rally as well. Both these ability's are also in my opinion over performing. I just try to show that good judgement and tactics on the battlefield are really what matters. I am a notorious ganker though, so having decency and morals may be the wrong choice of words for my playstyle. >:)
    PS4 NA DC
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    I don't have fear on my bar anymore because of this. On many occasions i have used fear on players and the cc was un-break-able. At that point i just stop dealing damage since its so unfair.

I don't mind a cc ability to stop perma-blockers but it is pretty broken. When lag is involved good luck. Theres a reason i use immovable potions in pvp so often.

Its not only fear that is causing issues though. Lag in general with all cc's is death. By the time you cc break, anyone can put in enough damage to kill someone. If your outnumbered its instant death. This is also another reason why ive started to use summon image on my nightblade. When your outnumbered its generally gg if lag is present.
    Good to see someone has morals and decency :)

I think of it as just good sportsmanship. I'm also someone who does not use Shuffle or Rally as well. Both these ability's are also in my opinion over performing. I just try to show that good judgement and tactics on the battlefield are really what matters. I am a notorious ganker though, so having decency and morals may be the wrong choice of words for my playstyle. >:)

How do you manage without shuffle or rally? :open_mouth: you must be a master at using dark cloak on time because whenever I use it, I get seen 90% of the time lol

I'm glad that it's not just me and my friends who know that fear is broken when it comes to breaking free. Reassures us that we're not going crazy.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invasion , reverberating bash , bombard can still keep you from being able to break free . I don't have a video to prove this but you can ask anyone that's been hit by this combo in PvP .
  • Stiltz
    Stiltz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I thought maybe I wasn't pressing the buttons at the EXACT same time and that was why it wasn't registering. I can usually break free after about 4 attempts, which is ridiculous.

I can't believe this hasn't been a bigger deal and fixed ages ago.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invasion , reverberating bash , bombard can still keep you from being able to break free . I don't have a video to prove this but you can ask anyone that's been hit by this combo in PvP .

My friend was doing this to players, you're right.. also Silver Shards does it too. It's messed up...
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in PVE. on a stam character (34K stam). full stamina. stunned, try to break free. cant- bar flashes as though i am out of stamina!
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in PVE. on a stam character (34K stam). full stamina. stunned, try to break free. cant- bar flashes as though i am out of stamina!

That has happened to me a few times too but even at 50% Stamina, with 10% reduced break free cost (CP) it wouldn't process as a break free until my char's ran a good few steps with his hands on his head, while being stabbed in the back.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may have to try and get a few raw video clips of this happening for it to be taken seriously.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously zenimax, fix these cc issues, that's just very frustrating for pvp.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added a video and updated the main post with some proof of me Breaking Free TWICE in a row, still unable to move (because immobilized) and the cost of Stamina used for two break frees, one after another.

YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got stunned by a NB and couldn't break free due to lag, but that's lag. Still...
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just accepted it. Feared, break free (nope) - just wait to die. At that point I don't even bother to give attackers the satisfaction of a continuing fight (and I take no shame in falling on my sword due to broken mechanics).
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    I've just accepted it. Feared, break free (nope) - just wait to die. At that point I don't even bother to give attackers the satisfaction of a continuing fight (and I take no shame in falling on my sword due to broken mechanics).

I've done that in some situations too, where me and a Nightblade would be having an intense, unorganized duel and I'm lucky to even break free from his first fear right away, but because he's hitting like a truck (ambush/incapatating strike combo etc,) the next fear on me = death, even with 50%+ Stamina remaining, so a few times I've been dueling one, and they'll pull out the fear/mass hysteria and I'm like "really?..." even though I know it's a class ability and it's their to be used, it's just broken.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was old good time when break free working as intended and wasn't so slow :(
  • cdg2112_ESO
    cdg2112_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exact same problem, there is a HUGE delay if I even break free at all because it mostly doesn't even work. Please do something @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing, like most people here, CC is the main reason I die in Cyrodiil. Not running out of resources, dodgerolling an AOE or siege ect.

This happens with all CCS, but fear, by far, is the biggest offender. Like I have said before on here, I have been on both the casting and receiving end for this problem.

Most of the time my character just stops taking input from the controller, only to start running away a good second or 2 later. You also cant break free until the fear animation starts.

It's almost as if it has something to do with the running away animation itself. I never really get this problem with the vampire fear.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed, but keep working on non-performance, non-pvp related additions like housing ZOS.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jello wrote: »
    qrichou wrote: »
    but yes breakfree is broken.

Wtf isnt broken in this game? Crownstore?

Crown crates have issues if that counts.couple of threads about.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    jello wrote: »
    qrichou wrote: »
    but yes breakfree is broken.

Wtf isnt broken in this game? Crownstore?

Crown crates have issues if that counts.couple of threads about.

And in less than a week zos worked on fixing and pushed an update to help correct this issue. How long have ppl been complaining about cc's?
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't fear though that is was reveals it. The problem is the server communication. I like the rest of you have experienced the same thing, in a big fight, fear is used and I clearly have enough stam to break free. Any and all attempts to break free yield nothing and I have noticed that i hear the lack of resource sound.

Something is going on that is lag based not fear based... I also notice it with other skills that cc but those skills don't cause you to run in random directions.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is hilarious....in a hysterical kind of way....is when you are perma cc'd, break free isn't working and someone from the other side actually breaks the stun/root/immobilise with their fear. So the enemies fear skill breaks me free, when I can't. This has saved my life on many occasions.

Note: this skill never has worked for me, even in dungeons.....i play in Australia, I play with 360-420 ping... I think I can count on one hand the times I've seen the break free animation. After 5 months of this doing dungeons on vet now I hit dodge and interrupt keys and sometimes it works to break the CC. A lot of this game is lag affected.

I'd give up almost any skill on my bar for a break free/anti-cc actual skill that worked! As it stands atm, I use a LOT of potions
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos