The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Motif Value

undefeatdgaul
undefeatdgaul
✭✭✭
Hey guys, I haven't played in almost a year, had a lot of health issues to deal with but I want to get back into ESO again its one of my favorite games. Ive been running extremely low on funds since I guess I didnt have a lot when I left.

Im currently 32CP Stamplar, I have absolute garbage gear and I want to get some money towards having somebody craft me some better stuff.

When I stopped playing certain motifs were worth quite a bit, are they still? I have a barbaric & imperial & a few other purples I dont need can I get some good cash for them?
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaric, daedric, primal, and the other purple one go for like 5k right now. imperial still goes for 80k+.

these are xbox na prices anyway.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usually the new motifs are the most expensive, also when a motif gets to crown store, the in-game price drops

but with 32cp I would not bother having garbage gear at all :), just quest and do anything you want a as you progress, the gold will come :).
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I don't want the garbage gear hahaha I'm in aldmeri right now for caldwells silver everything is cp50+ so I need to get some stuff crafted or just deal with it until I'm higher I guess.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaric, daedric, primal, and the other purple one go for like 5k right now. imperial still goes for 80k+.

these are xbox na prices anyway.

Thanks!
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC Prices:
    Primal, Barbaric, Daedric and Primal 2-3k average. Imperial is around 40k. Dwemer motif pages figure maybe 2k for each with some exceptions being slightly higher or lower.

I sent you a private message.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on June 30, 2016 7:56PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC / NA, send me an in game mail @GravenDeadeye and I'll be happy to help you out with some gear upgrades.

Just let me know what you need and if you have a particular trait and motif you want.

Welcome back!
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC / NA, send me an in game mail @GravenDeadeye and I'll be happy to help you out with some gear upgrades.

Just let me know what you need and if you have a particular trait and motif you want.

Welcome back!

Thanks so much, Im actually on Xbox 1 NA server so that sucks. I really appreciate the help though!!
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting good gear until you hit 160cp which is the equivalent of the the old VR16 and will let you wear the best game currently in game.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're PC, try the Master Merchant add-on. Many people use this, and it's a pretty good measure of what items are worth. I recently sold a Daedric motif for 4k. LOL I bought my first one for almost 50k ages ago. BTW, new DLC, Cyrodiil, and dungeons will scale you up....all good places to earn XP/CP. Welcome back.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting good gear until you hit 160cp which is the equivalent of the the old VR16 and will let you wear the best game currently in game.

Yeh I was thinking that might be the better option hahah. Thank you! I'll get grinding
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on June 30, 2016 8:43PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing, you can find a plethora of CP10 to CP140 gear in Guild Stores now, and it's pretty cheap. So you can get some nice dropped sets to hold you over until you get to CP150. Note, you may only want CP150 armor, but CP160 weapons, but worry about that when you get there.

Also, if you want to make a lot of Gold, the Legerdemain system where you steal items and fence them is basically a way to mint gold coins. You can easilly pick up 5K to 10K or more in about 30 minutes if you have a good place to farm, like Daggerfall.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would recommend is to get all your crafting skills maxed out and put the skill points in the 1st passive to get it maxed so that you can farm the c150 matts. Even if you don't hoard them for your eventual usage, they are very easy to sell for good gold. Woods being the least expensive and leathers being the most expensive. make sure you refine the raw matts before you sell them. You get the better return that way. Although raw matts sell for more than refined matts, the improvement matts that you will acquire by refining will more than make up for that. you will also want to put skill points into the extraction passives in the skill lines to maximize your matts from refining.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    One thing I would recommend is to get all your crafting skills maxed out and put the skill points in the 1st passive to get it maxed so that you can farm the c150 matts. Even if you don't hoard them for your eventual usage, they are very easy to sell for good gold. Woods being the least expensive and leathers being the most expensive. make sure you refine the raw matts before you sell them. You get the better return that way. Although raw matts sell for more than refined matts, the improvement matts that you will acquire by refining will more than make up for that. you will also want to put skill points into the extraction passives in the skill lines to maximize your matts from refining.
    I've tried to get my crafting up but I barely get a hair of xp for anything I do. I can get all these materials and build a few pieces of armor or something after like 3 hours and I get maybe 1/100th of the xp bar towards my next level. It's demoralizing hahaha. Any recommendations on getting my crafting up any faster?
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to get my crafting up but I barely get a hair of xp for anything I do. I can get all these materials and build a few pieces of armor or something after like 3 hours and I get maybe 1/100th of the xp bar towards my next level. It's demoralizing hahaha. Any recommendations on getting my crafting up any faster?

Buy champion level intricate gear off guild traders, improve them to green, and deconstruct them. That's the fastest way.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dropped out for 3 months because my internet had problems handeling eso. Before that, i bought the full xivkyn motif for around 25k per page, when I returned they were selling for 200-500 gold per page.....
    So motifs are only worth something if they are younger then 2 patches.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »

Buy champion level intricate gear off guild traders, improve them to green, and deconstruct them. That's the fastest way.

Thank you!!