The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Moment ESO Died to Me

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/xCrlHvitmEw

I've been dealt some bad hands in this game... I've had my fair share of bs, bad RNG, lag, exploiters, etc. I've been around since the beta days, and have played this game on 2 platforms. Mac and PS4. And never once have I ever reached the point where I say, "F it, I'm done." But this was the final straw to me. People who sit here and defend this game day in and day out, and swear out that there's nothing wrong? I salute you for your commitment. I honestly do. Because there is no way I could be so blinded to obvious issues. Nonetheless, this was the EXACT moment this game died to me. The moment I had the, "OMG, why have I been wasting my time on this game for so many months?"

And you did this to me, ZOS. Factoring what just happened to me minutes ago in that video, and the treatment I've been receiving from forum staff...? N'ah. It's not worth the raised blood pressure, and moments of raw hate and rage. I'm going to go watch some Hellraiser films now, and get a big af mug of coffee. Have a good 1, everyone. And I hope everyone has a great time playing this game.

And by the way, this isn't a quitting thread. It's a thread that pinpoints exactly as the title says, and where I stopped caring and giving a damn about what ZOS does and has to say and write.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 30, 2016 5:39PM
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    You got a loading screen and died, and that's the last straw?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Ch4mpTW were you aware that when you collect three skyshards, you get one skill point. You can see the skyshards you have collected in your Achievements Window, as well as find hints about skyshard locations you might have missed.

Edited by Turelus on June 30, 2016 5:42PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most unfortunate man. Also we don't deny anything is wrong we usually just ignore it and move on lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    But Ch4mpTW were you aware that when you collect three skyshards, you get one skill point. You can see the skyshards you have collected in your Achievements Window, as well as find hints about skyshard locations you might have missed.

@Turelus
    LOL! <33333 I was not, bruh. Thnx 4 the info.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

I've been dealt some bad hands in this game... I've had my fair share of bs, bad RNG, lag, exploiters, etc. I've been around since the beta days, and have played this game on 2 platforms. Mac and PS4. And never once have I ever reached the point where I say, "F it, I'm done." But this was the final straw to me. People who sit here and defend this game day in and day out, and swear out that there's nothing wrong? I salute you for your commitment. I honestly do. Because there is no way I could be so blinded to obvious issues. Nonetheless, this was the EXACT moment this game died to me. The moment I had the, "OMG, why have I been wasting my time on this game for so many months?"

And you did this to me, ZOS. Factoring what just happened to me minutes ago in that video, and the treatment I've been receiving from forum staff...? N'ah. It's not worth the raised blood pressure, and moments of raw hate and rage. I'm going to go watch some Hellraiser films now, and get a big af mug of coffee. Have a good 1, everyone. And I hope everyone has a great time playing this game.

And by the way, this isn't a quitting thread. It's a thread that pinpoints exactly as the title says, and where I stopped caring and giving a damn about what ZOS does and has to say and write.

Yeah, Cyrodiil is laggy on PC, but I don't understand how you guys manage to play on Consoles at all. From what I hear you also get this wondrous loading screens while raiding and going through dungeons so... They can just jump you anywhere... My condolences.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, same thing happened to me in Wrothgar twice last night... Would be even more frustrating in pvp.
    Edited by nimander99 on June 30, 2016 5:47PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    You got a loading screen and died, and that's the last straw?

Honestly? It's been a combination of things that kept adding up over time. Those ZOS DOT's are no joke, bruh. I mean, I can also break it down like this: Do you know why the straw broke the camel's back? The secret was that there were hundreds of straws underneath it.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know how this feels. PS4 as well.

Load screen into death during combat. Pretty crappy for sure.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to me too, its scary when it does :D I am sorry that this has disheartened you though, and all the other stuff. It is a shame when things like this happen to people. :(
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing that creates a WTF moment than a loading screen mid PVP battle.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Hellbender27
    Hellbender27
    ✭✭
    Most unfortunate man. Also we don't deny anything is wrong we usually just ignore it and move on lol

What this guy said so true....
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been my experience in PvP and PvE vet dungeons as well.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't summon the bowels of hell for one loading screen and death. But if it happened on a random rather frequent occurring basis. I would send Molag Bal himself to the seventh level of hell where people are skinned alive.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Yeah, Cyrodiil is laggy on PC, but I don't understand how you guys manage to play on Consoles at all. From what I hear you also get this wondrous loading screens while raiding and going through dungeons so... They can just jump you anywhere... My condolences.

Actually I never get forced loading screens except when in a town or the open world. If I have maybe once or twice and no more than that. I haven't gotten any in Cyrodiil though.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Did you consider giving up before this when on every death recap screen is radiant destruction for 15k+?
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harsh dude.... but I shall miss your witty comments here on the forums. True story....
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get more ram or upgrade. O.o
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That has happened to me many times in Cyrodill.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loading screen during keep flip... Has been and always will be the worst
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    I made a thread earlier talking about things like this. Same thing on xbox. Apparently its going to take weeks.. Weeks to fix something that should have never been released in the first place. But.. Who am I to complain? I'm just a paying customer.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long time player here. Same thing happens to me on Xbox one. Loading screens during battles or just walking around sometimes. I wonder why????? this never happened before a few weeks ago.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread earlier talking about things like this. Same thing on xbox. Apparently its going to take weeks.. Weeks to fix something that should have never been released in the first place. But.. Who am I to complain? I'm just a paying customer.

Same here - I'm also on XB1. I finally got through Silver/Gold/Craglorn 100% and just started Orsinium. I can't stay logged in for more than a few minutes. I have no other content to play. It's starting to look like I'm going to quit. Waiting months for a fix to a problem created by impatient developers looking for a quick profit.... I'll pass - Bungie made the same mistake with Destiny and we all now how that turned out.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have been playing for 2 years and this has not happened to you till now. I think many players would love to be in your position. Some people get this daily, or so I hear.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when I get a loading screen like that, the game usually dies on me too.

Ctrl+Alt+Del, kill eso.exe >_>

Then restart :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Load Screen boss is really OP, probably the toughest in the game. #nerfloadscreens
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You obviously angered the higher powers of Tamriel... A daedric prince put a "black bag of oblivion" over your head on the battlefield and you have to try and survive without any senses. Also, you are totally paralyzed. You only get to feel lucky if you survive. Next time make a better offering at the shrine.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    ...Waiting months for a fix to a problem created by impatient developers looking for a quick profit.... I'll pass - Bungie made the same mistake with Destiny and we all now how that turned out.

Amen to that...
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release of the Champion System was the moment I stopped playing ESO hardcore. And pays for that decision even to this day. I think I stopped playing ESO 2 weeks after the release of the CP system and didn't return till a day before the XP Cake event started. Haven't been able to regain my ground since. Hell I can't even be asked to put forth effort in vMA to get the damn OP weapons that'll put me on the level of everyone else that used to be friends with me back then.

With over 4 months remaining on my ESO Plus and no one to play with in this MMO. I am wondering again why I even bother, Correction I know why I bother because I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim. But my love for TES is slowly dying, slowly but surely. I would go back to Eve Online but CCP nerf all my capital ship training into the ground, THE GROUND! 8 plus months of training pretty damn next to now useless.

But w/e enoth of my rant. ESO pretty much ended for me which the release of the CP system.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release of the Champion System was the moment I stopped playing ESO hardcore. And pays for that decision even to this day. I think I stopped playing ESO 2 weeks after the release of the CP system and didn't return till a day before the XP Cake event started. Haven't been able to regain my ground since. Hell I can't even be asked to put forth effort in vMA to get the damn OP weapons that'll put me on the level of everyone else that used to be friends with me back then.

With over 4 months remaining on my ESO Plus and no one to play with in this MMO. I am wondering again why I even bother, Correction I know why I bother because I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim. But my love for TES is slowly dying, slowly but surely. I would go back to Eve Online but CCP nerf all my capital ship training into the ground, THE GROUND! 8 plus months of training pretty damn next to now useless.

But w/e enoth of my rant. ESO pretty much ended for me with the release of the CP system.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely understand . Go take a whiffle Ball bat to a dumpster and come back .