The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maelstrom weapon become useless

Julianos
Julianos
✭✭✭✭✭
Last week i got maelstrom bow after lots of hard work and enchanted i didnt know it's bonuses was an enchant so i enchanted and bow's bonuses has gone it become a useless bow, today i sent a ticket to ZOS and i recieved an automated message ; We are not able to restore items that were destroyed or deconstructed. I didn't destroy or deconstruct.
I just want ZOS to restore the enchant or give me new bow with same trait ? Im so frustrated.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks dude.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does say in red what's actually being removed.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Clerics1985
    Clerics1985
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is always a Learning Experience. you won't get any items back ever, from the Devs. They could delete your entire stash while updating the game tomorrow and when you send in a Ticket they're response is going to be "GGWP L2P"
    Edited by Clerics1985 on June 30, 2016 5:02PM
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does say in red what's actually being removed.

i didnt check that part i quickly pressed yes because i didnt think something going to remove cuz i was thinking it was like a set bonus and i was very sleepy
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, wonder how many people have done this. It is pretty clearly an enchant if you look at the weapon, but could definitely see getting excited about it and changing it. These items should honestly be locked from enchanting. Sorry bud, Back in the Pile!!!
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »
    Last week i got maelstrom bow after lots of hard work and enchanted i didnt know it's bonuses was an enchant so i enchanted and bow's bonuses has gone it become a useless bow, today i sent a ticket to ZOS and i recieved an automated message ; We are not able to restore items that were destroyed or deconstructed. I didn't destroy or deconstruct.
    I just want ZOS to restore the enchant or give me new bow with same trait ? Im so frustrated.

That is utter bull... I had an item that was accidentally destroyed restored 2 weeks ago. Received it back in mail
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »

That is utter bull... I had an item that was accidentally destroyed restored 2 weeks ago. Received it back in mail

what kind of item ? mail says they can restore crown store or imperial edition items but not other items also in my case i didnt destroy the bow i still got the bow but its enchant gone i just want the enchant back
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »

I can't think of how to phrase this at all, but I think they're trying to avoid getting inundated with tons of "I wasn't paying attention and made an oopsie, fix it for me" tickets for every little item. That being said, I would think a case like this is an exception. If you escalate it and your particular agent is having a good day, they don't seem to have a problem restoring rare/unique/valuable items. The hard part is getting a human who doesn't just latch on to a single word that maybe has 5% to do with your problem and responds based on that. (:
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can restore items so that response is bogus. My buddy accidentally deconstructed a gold sword, he opened a ticket, and then they restored it. Not sure why you'd get the response you did.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is the message from zos and i think its just a BOT

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue with this item and will do my best to help resolve this!

We are not able to restore items that were destroyed or deconstructed.

However, in some cases we are able to restore destroyed Crown Store or Imperial Edition bonus items. If you have destroyed a Crown Store or Imperial Edition item and would like to have it restored, please reply to this email with any additional information on the loss and I will investigate further.

To prevent accidental deletions, with the Dark Brotherhood update, you can now lock items. For more information on this, please view this help article.

If you are missing any crafting materials, make sure to check your new Craft Bag! You can find more information regarding the Craft Bag here.

I explained my situation but still got this response
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is the message from zos and i think its just a BOT

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue with this item and will do my best to help resolve this!

We are not able to restore items that were destroyed or deconstructed.

However, in some cases we are able to restore destroyed Crown Store or Imperial Edition bonus items. If you have destroyed a Crown Store or Imperial Edition item and would like to have it restored, please reply to this email with any additional information on the loss and I will investigate further.

To prevent accidental deletions, with the Dark Brotherhood update, you can now lock items. For more information on this, please view this help article.

If you are missing any crafting materials, make sure to check your new Craft Bag! You can find more information regarding the Craft Bag here.

I explained my situation but still got this response

Looks like you will have to spam tickets/responses to get past their spam...
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a friend did that with the first Master Dagger she got. It sucks!

I did it on a Maelstrom weapon on the PTS, but fortunately it was on a template so I just grabbed a different one.
    The Moot Councillor
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just reply to that with a more polite version of "I would like a human to re-examine the issue, please." The first email is always a bot.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** happens. Everyone's done their own mistake (saw another poster who did the same thing a while back) and the only mature thing is to swear, shout, punch something soft and move on with greater focus.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done this, too, but was very fortunate it occurred on a PTS template Maelstrom Restoration Staff. So, now I know ...
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AHAHAHAH

no sry but that was my first reaction. I totally feel you. you won't believe how often I crafted v16 stuff to gold only to notice i forgot the trait or the wrong one. Was it a good trait on the bow? at least it wouldn't be that bad if it was a bad trait :)
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    AHAHAHAH

no sry but that was my first reaction. I totally feel you. you won't believe how often I crafted v16 stuff to gold only to notice i forgot the trait or the wrong one. Was it a good trait on the bow? at least it wouldn't be that bad if it was a bad trait :)

Yes its a good trait for me at least, its defending trait, in PVP i dont use it for dps its my back bar for mobility and only using poison injection that extra 5200 armor&spell resist helps a lot while im retreating makes me tanky. Please @ZOS give my enchant back.
    Edited by Julianos on June 30, 2016 5:25PM
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    My friend did this to his precise maelstrom inferno, but he ment to charge it with a soul gem and was just not paying attention, support did nothing for him.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AlnilamE wrote: »
    Yeah, a friend did that with the first Master Dagger she got. It sucks!

I did it on a Maelstrom weapon on the PTS, but fortunately it was on a template so I just grabbed a different one.

I also tried it on a MA resto staff on pts. I knew the weapon bonus was an enchant but I wanted to know if the game would let you replace it. To my surprise it did.
    PC | EU
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't know the thunderous volley ENCHANTMENT was an enchantment? , interesting.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

too bad for you, no pun intended, but it is indeed sad yes. I just read a question in the forums exactly about this, if the bonus gets lost if enchanted and the replies was yes it does.

so next time you better check before you do something similar ;)

I doubt that support ticket will help here, it is the same as accidentally deconstructing something you did not want to....
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    @Axorn it was a molag kena arm cop. Destroyed it accidentally while running vMA trying to repair it. Took about 2 days to get it back via in game mail. 1 support person said they couldn't find record of that item and within the same 10 min window another support person emailed me and said they restored the item. Utter bull if they say they can't restore it. Unless they have started a new policy of not restoring items since they implemented the item lock ability. My restore was days before DB on console release
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    image.jpg

It's just too bad this is the only ticket I've ever actually received help with. Ask for Betty haha
    Edited by DjSolJAH on June 30, 2016 7:13PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just keep trying customer support.

if you literally beg and grovel, then they may help you.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is always a Learning Experience. you won't get any items back ever, from the Devs. They could delete your entire stash while updating the game tomorrow and when you send in a Ticket they're response is going to be "GGWP L2P"

Not true, they restored a Maelstrom Ice staff for me a while back I decon by mistake. It was the first weapon I got and I was too excited. It took them a week though.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try as much as you badly need the bow back, you might just have it mailed back to you with its original state ;)
    PC EU

• jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Since you have already screwed up the enchantment - you might as well decon it and submit multiple tickets of accidentally deconstructing it.. You may get a better response to multiple tickets of that issue compared to an accidental enchant.

I feel the only solution would be to mail you a new maelstrom bow any way - which they would be less inclined to do if you still technically have one in your current inventory.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your mistake. It's unfortunate CS is not able to help but they'd probably be pretty busy if they replaced everything we destroyed accodently.

Hope you get another soon.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this by accident when I first started playing. It wasn't as big a deal as yours; mine was a lower level (lower than 40 even) weapon. But it still hurt. So I empathise.

Maybe try to send a forum message to one of the ZOS staff? I would make some comment about a lesson learned, but I doubt you'll ever forget this.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could feel bad for you, I really do.

I personally feel that the item should not be restored though. When I make mistakes (and I make a TON of them), I own it and chalk it up to my screw up.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you should own your mistakes.