Me starting to read the race changes for Argonian...

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.

025e6465763ac408d957500b1cbaea9fe80dcaa7fb76a6ae60937482e65e9364.jpg
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%.

Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.

This is exactly what happened to me. I almost made a rage thread before I finished reading the Argonian changes. :sweat_smile:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people who main an Argonian stamina build aren't happy, but it looks like everything that was in the Argonian racials is still there, just with the magicka benefit added. So same swim speed, poison/disease resistance, max health boost. Only other change is healing done instead of healing received, which could suck for stam tanks, so I get the anger there.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people who main an Argonian stamina build aren't happy, but it looks like everything that was in the Argonian racials is still there, just with the magicka benefit added. So same swim speed, poison/disease resistance, max health boost. Only other change is healing done instead of healing received, which could suck for stam tanks, so I get the anger there.

The current changes fit the Argonians the best:

- They're great Templars/Healers now (Tree Minders)
    - It also makes them interesting MagBlades (Shadowscales)

"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • saps101
    saps101
    I felt the same, then read the rest wept with joy, I main an Argonian sorc healer! So much love for these racials.
    For the love of God, fix group finder.

Xbox EU

o Slaughterer x
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone provide a link please? I haven't seen any official patch notes nor any data mining threads. What's up?
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    Can someone provide a link please? I haven't seen any official patch notes nor any data mining threads. What's up?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3114185/#Comment_3114185
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/274961/pts-patch-notes-v2-5-0

Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oops, it's on that page. Wrong section tho
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL 100% agreed. I love that perk. I can only play my Argonian now.
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

How do you pull of the ShadowScale with a magicka nightblade? I play mine Stamina with Bow/DW.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes won't be great for everyone, but being an Argonian Templar will no longer feel like a triple nerf. Just a nerf and a half... (:wink:)

Options
  • Drayzon
    Drayzon
    ✭✭✭
    i looked at the notes and was a little underwhelmed, nords are getting 6% stam as are the best stam dps race khajiit, and us argonians only get 3% magicka and im like why :(
    Edited by Drayzon on June 27, 2016 8:31PM
    2300+CP

#BuffArgonians
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

How do you pull of the ShadowScale with a magicka nightblade? I play mine Stamina with Bow/DW.

The Argonians always had increased Magic skills in previous games, so I think they are a bit more Magicka based rather than regular assassins
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭

The Argonians always had increased Magic skills in previous games, so I think they are a bit more Magicka based rather than regular assassins

I'm super open to a nightblade magick assassin build, just trying to sort out how it would look like :o I would prefer to have my racials back up my ganking playstyle of course. Just not sure how it would go. Plz help.
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not impressed with the change to "healing done" vs "healing received".

Maybe I don't understand the subtleties of the English language very well, but this sounds like quite the nerf unless you're a full time healer.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and it's just clumsily worded, but I've got a bad feeling that Argonians (for me at least) just got smacked hard with the nerf bat.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    I'm not impressed with the change to "healing done" vs "healing received".

Maybe I don't understand the subtleties of the English language very well, but this sounds like quite the nerf unless you're a full time healer.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and it's just clumsily worded, but I've got a bad feeling that Argonians (for me at least) just got smacked hard with the nerf bat.

If your build was based around self-healing then this change is a wash for you. If your build was based around getting heals from other people then yes, this change is a nerf.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Inorite!?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm super open to a nightblade magick assassin build, just trying to sort out how it would look like :o I would prefer to have my racials back up my ganking playstyle of course. Just not sure how it would go. Plz help.

Just use the Clever Alchemist set:

- Drink a potion for some major Spell Damage (ganking)
    - The set synergizes greatly with the Argonian's Potion passive

Mix it up with Kena, Torug, Maelstrom, Master, Willpower,... and you got your gank MagBlade
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I KNOW right? I was gonna be like WTFH MAN!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I KNOW right? I was gonna be like WTFH MAN!

Many people were. It may seem trivial to some, but that swim speed. I always think the game is bugged at first when I try to swim with another race.

Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that 50% extra swim speed with rapid maneuver is the funnest thing in ESO
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    that 50% extra swim speed with rapid maneuver is the funnest thing in ESO

Have you ever tried with the minor expedition passive in top of that ? That's hilarious. And I don't even speak about the old Vicious Ophidian when some friend killing adds nearby.
    Options