The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil Town Capture

• Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Capturing a town counts towards the keep capture achievment, is this intended?
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Yes as they are a subset of a Keep definition on our Server.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    With regards to Vlastarus (since that's where I went today):
    • If your alliance is not in control of the central flag, it is virtually impossible to get to the PvE quest givers, as the guards on the flag will detect you as you approach the doors. As for the quest giver that's right next to the flag, forget about it.
    This experience was repeated in Cropsford. It was not possible to reach the PvE quest givers when the enemy holds the flag. Not so in Bruma, however, as the flags there are not too near the buildings with the quest givers in.
    • It might be more interesting if the flags were further apart.
    This holds equally for Cropsford and Bruma.
    You can cap all 3 flags just in time before the first flag respawns,
    IxSTALKERxI So if you're not quick enough, the first flag will flip back to the previous owner? What's the time frame on that?
    Still not sure about this. I capped an EP flag in EP-controlled Bruma for DC, and it was still DC nearly half an hour later while the rest of Bruma was still EP. After that someone else came and capped the rest of Bruma, so my time-testing experience ended there.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    • What are your thoughts on the new Cyrodiil Town Capture system?
    • How many players were you able to capture a town with?
    • Did you feel that the rewards were worthwhile? If not, what would you change?
    * It's a bit easy atm. It should be a challenge as a solo player to do it, maybe only just possible if you're the best of the best. As it was I didn't have an issue (I am not the best of the best). A few "mage tower guards" who wander between flags would be good. You'd have to watch for them and go for the flag they weren't at if you were solo, making it more strategic.

* Solo captured all three, no other players around.

* Rewards are worthwhile, I love the idea of the PvP Vendor Sets (jewellery) being available in Purple. I would have the merchants move around the towns (not sure if this is the case already). So the light gear isn't always in the same town, etc. Have them move once a week would be fine.

* Other ideas? If the gear and fighting for access to it works out, how about a randomly spawned "bind on pickup" Gold Jewellery vendor who appears in one town over the weekend, possibly for a limited 24 hour period, rather than the whole weekend. As much as I love map control, imagine the chaos if every faction were trying to control Cropsford for a 24hr period. Glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFlZqq4ZWYY&index=4&list=PLO1Hm24U1jXkBbqihf3i0WmCzmwVbJRqs
    Edited by Icy on July 12, 2016 9:21PM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    • What are your thoughts on the new Cyrodiil Town Capture system?
    • How many players were you able to capture a town with?
    • Did you feel that the rewards were worthwhile? If not, what would you change?
    * It's a bit easy atm. It should be a challenge as a solo player to do it, maybe only just possible if you're the best of the best. As it was I didn't have an issue (I am not the best of the best). A few "mage tower guards" who wander between flags would be good. You'd have to watch for them and go for the flag they weren't at if you were solo, making it more strategic.

* Solo captured all three, no other players around.
    I must just be rubbish then :stuck_out_tongue: I only just managed to solo the moderately-defended flag in Cropsford, and had no chance against the one with four guards.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Crucifer
    Crucifer
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, i posted this video on general before i saw there was a thread about it.

It's way to easy in my opinion (if your like 500+ CP) probably lower too?
    Maybe you saw the movie on other thread but i post it here too.

Sure, it will be defended by players, but i don't think you should be able to solo them. Maybe yes, but the you have to work like really hard for it. :) I wish more an 3-4 ppl fight for more team playing?

https://youtu.be/Yb6lelRUTOw
  • Crucifer
    Crucifer
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the town guard offence is to low (Cropsford).. sure i'm DK, but in leather 5x & heavy 2x. A hard stun or team tactics from NPC guards would be nice to see here?

"Can't touch me"

https://youtu.be/vuSpokJDCdY
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be able to give more descriptive names to the capture points? Currently they are called Bruma Capture Flag 1, Bruma Capture Flag 2, Bruma Capture Flag 4, Cropsford Capture flag, Cropsford Capture flag 2, Cropsford Capture flag (again), Vlastrus Capture Flag, Vlastrus Capture Flag 2, and Vlastrus Capture Flag 3.

These names are not very useful; one of the capture points in Bruma is called "Bruma Capture Flag 4", which is confusing since there are only three capture points and no Capture Point 3. Two of the capture flags in Cropsford are both called "Cropsford Capture flag", so it's impossible to distinguish between those two. Finally, the "Vlastrus" capture flags don't even spell Vlastarus correctly.

Conversely, the flags in Keeps and Outposts are named well (Nave and Apse, Tower and Courtyard), which makes them easily identifiable.

As an example, the Bruma flags could be called "Bruma North Flag", "Bruma East Flag" and "Bruma South Flag", and the ones in Cropsford could be called "Cropsford North Flag", "Cropsford Central Flag" and "Cropsford South Flag".

Alternatively, since each flag has a different number of enemies and a different purpose, they could be called "Primary Flag", "Quarter Flag" and "Ancillary Flag", where the Primary flag is the one with most enemies in the middle of the town, the Quarter flag is the one where the merchants (quartermasters) can be found, and the Ancillary flag is the one on the edge of town with no guards.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 25, 2016 8:11PM