The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for the Witches Festival Event

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Witches Festival Event. This event is on the PTS for testing, but it will not go live until the Witches Festival time-frame in October - it is not part of Update 11. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did the event function?
  • Is the event content fun?
  • Was it clear what you were supposed to do (kill/collect) for the quest and to get the motifs?
  • Did you complete the quest?
  • Did you get the achievements?
  • Are you happy with the rewards for this event?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you forgot a question.
    Can you find the witches festival event?

...No :cry:
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea there was something going on :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see anything in the patch notes about it. >.> Really excited to hear about it here, though!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she is intrigued.

Can this be even better than the skeletal fishing event this one took part in last year?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

22213181300_bcb04719b7_z.jpg
    Fishing on Bleakrock Isle
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    What are the rewards?

What are the motifs?
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is trolling right? RIGHT??!!!
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reward is the Hollowjack motif, possibly in some roundabout way.

"Collect and learn every chapter of the Hollowjack style book found during the Witches Festival.".

But where this festival starts I have no idea, looked all over, checked the game files, can't see a thing.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom so is it bugged? Or was it left out accidentally?

If we are just not finding it, could you give us a tip? A little push on the right direction? Because lore-appropriated festivals such as this is something I really want to see in the game, and knowing you guys are trying to add one makes me super happy.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Sorry folks, we got excited and jumped the gun a bit on this feedback thread. The Witches Festival event will be available for testing on the PTS, but not until the second incremental patch. So, it's going to be a couple weeks. Once it's on the PTS, though, we look forward to hearing what you think!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *facepalm*
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, we got excited and jumped the gun a bit on this feedback thread. The Witches Festival event will be available for testing on the PTS, but not until the second incremental patch. So, it's going to be a couple weeks. Once it's on the PTS, though, we look forward to hearing what you think!

Jumped the gun because it's super exciting, right? You're super duper pumped and had to say something, right?
    It's so good, we couldn't possibly raise our expectations high enough to compare! This is the case, correct?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • TheSpaceWhale
    TheSpaceWhale
    ✭✭
    I'll tell you whatever you want to hear as long as you give me another chance to buy the Zombie Horse.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha jumped the gun a bit?
    more like a lot
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the festival a whole lot. I liked all the witch related activities that occurred when I was in the festival. The things that I got for participating and interacting with the things in said festival that I participated in were enjoyable and interesting and I was excited upon receiving them. The costume I got from that 1 quest/ activity was really nice and made me look scary.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2016 10:39PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol now I'm eager to know more about this event
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm intrigued.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's ok, I can understand your excitement!! I saw this thread and my heart about stopped! I can't wait to try out this event on the PTS! omgomgomgomgomg!!! :)
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! I'm so happy we're getting in-game events. <3 I wonder if we can continue to collect the motif pieces next year if one wasn't favored by the rngods and couldn't get them all while the event lasted (I'm a collectionist, need to have them all! ;)) or are the rewards changing annually.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    This will be going live on the PTS next week. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be going live on the PTS next week. :)

Looking forward to seeing the event.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks interesting. :smile:
    I'll tell you whatever you want to hear as long as you give me another chance to buy the Zombie Horse.

I hope we'll have some Draugulf mounts for the Witches festival as well. :smiley:

And maybe some Hell Hounds, Death Hounds and whisps as pets?
    Edited by VerboseQuips on July 3, 2016 12:30AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I hope we'll have some Draugulf mounts for the Witches festival as well. :smiley:

Ill go with the whips idea that be a neat pet
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭

Ill go with the whips idea that be a neat pet

I would love a whisp pet, I've envied my friend with her fairy pet but I'm not really the fairy type.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still missing a "Hunger" as a pet My dunmer needs it...he neeeeds it!
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    Great job with the Witchmother Olyve! I love the way she looks and the voice! Fits nicely to the theme. I did the quest and got the memento (nice polymorph, I hope we get to keep it after the festival is over), but there was little to no indicator that it gave me anything else than an exp boost. if I hadn't read the patch notes I would have no idea that the bosses drop special motif pages / event reward. I went to kill Exulus and got a nice purple skull from it. :)

I got two achievements: Reaper's Harvest and Pumpkin Pairs Well With Guts (which is missing an icon). I got points to the two other achivements too, but didn't start farming them.

The polymorph disappeared when I traveled to Wrothgar. I used the whistle again to get it back but couldn't drink from the cauldron because I had the buff already. Perhaps change it so that you can use the cauldron all the time it just refreshes the duration of the buff? Canceled the buff and got the poly again and this time it stayed when I traveled to Gold Coast.

The starter quest was fun but really quick to do. I had hoped we could have a few more quests to do instead of just farming bosses for motifs, but perhaps in the next event... o:) I'm quite happy with the motifs as a reward, they're fun to collect specially when the drop rate is high enough so you have the change to get all of them. I'm happy with the abundance of the style material drops too (got two every time I loot the skull). Perhaps in the coming events there could be longer questlines to get something special reward, like a pet or a tattoo or a hat! I would really like to have a witches pointy hat. :blush:
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys did a pretty good job!

I have a very tiny and insignificant suggestion, though. All the pumpkins near the entrance and inside the Witchmother's lair scream "Halloween" too much. Yes, I understand that this is the idea, but on maps where having pumpkins in the middle of nowhere do not really blend in (like Auridon) it gets kinda weird. I suggest removing the pumpkins and leaving only the skulls as decoration.

Meet my characters:

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I have a very tiny and insignificant suggestion, though. All the pumpkins near the entrance and inside the Witchmother's lair scream "Halloween" too much. Yes, I understand that this is the idea, but on maps where having pumpkins in the middle of nowhere do not really blend in (like Auridon) it gets kinda weird. I suggest removing the pumpkins and leaving only the skulls as decoration.

The problem with that is the plethora of skulls and skeletons that can be found anywhere in Tamriel, the pumpkins do more to accent the point of the festival (I get it though it's not quite the same).
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skeleton polymorph you get from the cauldron is cool! Hopefully the plan is to let players keep it once the event is over, and, if not, please reconsider!

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

The problem with that is the plethora of skulls and skeletons that can be found anywhere in Tamriel, the pumpkins do more to accent the point of the festival (I get it though it's not quite the same).

We know very little about the Witches Festival, so ZOS can do that if they think it is better to mimic Halloween. It comes down to preference. I prefer something that doesn't make such a direct connection with a real life holiday. I mean, there is already a big arrow pointing at the place where her lair is, so are all the pumpkins really necessary?

Meet my characters:

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I've just started this quest (You can buy it from the crown store multiple times, should really be greyed out once bought for that character) however none of the delves have their bosses, they are all missing in action!!! This is not a template character it's my main toon so I have previously completed the delve, is this a bug??

Going to start a template character now and check....
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.