The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you play mag templar

Mac10murda
Mac10murda
✭✭✭
How do you survive as a magicka templar I get nuked everytime I jump in cyrodil
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable pots will change your life. So will running 5-7 pieces of Impen armor,
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balls deep.

I play very aggressively on my Templar and DK. Magicka tanks greatly benefit from Immovable pots (health, stamina and immovability), if you can't afford those don't worry you can buy alliance war health potions in Cyrodiil that also grant immovability . Both use 4-5 pieces of impenetrable trait gear as well as 5 pieces of Transmutation. Light armour is great but unforgiving, I have recently changed to 5 pieces of heavy and whilst my damage is slightly less, survivability has increased and with 2 pieces of Engine Guardian I never run out of anything unless zerged down.

It's a great time to be a magicka Templar, go enjoy yourself, die a lot and learn, get better. There is no magical set that's gonna turn you into a beast so don't go spending all your gold until your happy with what direction you want to take your character.

Here is what I use though:

2 pieces impenetrable Engine Guardian (heavy)
    5 pieces Kagrenac's Hope (heavy/Infused chest, legs, impenetrable sabatons, 3 Swords, Shield)
    5 pieces Transmutation (Impen gloves, divines sash and all jewellery 1 regen, 2 spell power)

So that's 5 heavy, 2 light.
    Dual Wield on offensive bar with spell/weapon power and disease glyphs, 1 sword Sharpened and 1 defending.

On defensive bar another defending sword with disease glyph and a Nirnhoned shield to get the most benefit from the CP passive that increases the armour rating of an equipped shield.

Anymore questions just tag me.

PC EU
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    MOAR JESUS BEAM? ;)
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is really solid at the moment and I'm having a blast with mine:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=do0V8SAyDFs

What I do/run:
    1. Impenetrable everywhwere
    2. 2x Medium, 5x lights (I prefer the passives of 2x medium than the extra 2% from undaunted and 1x heavy passives)
    3. Primary bar: 2x Swords Sharpened (spell damage & crushing enchantment).
    4. Secondary bar: Sword (defending) and shield(impenetrable). I'm always on this bar when not fighting or putting pressure.
    5. Purple food. I always run with 16k stamina. (at least 15k is a must in my opinion).
    6. Using 5x Kag's and 2x Malubeth (this thing is broken and OP right now)
    7. I use a bunch of different potions. Potion of Immovability / Movement speed / Stamina will quickly become your best friend.
    8. Maxed out Undaunted / Alchemy / Vampire
    9. Dawnbreaker of Smithing on my back bar, although isn't magic damage anymore, is a lifesaver in many situation (just because of the stun)
    10. As a vampire, I use and abuse Elusive Mist, it's an amazing tool in my arsenal to create distance.

Just go in, die, have fun, learn from it and repeat. :)

Edited by sluice on June 27, 2016 2:25PM
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Mac10murda wrote: »
    How do you survive as a magicka templar I get nuked everytime I jump in cyrodil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uybqut0_5-k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okbpjMWXeU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZMYE9QyxI0

magplars is op In this patch, subscribe on my chanel, I make more videos when zos unban me lol)
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    I run 5 light 2 heavy 5 seducer 4 magnus 1 kena , all arcane spell damage will power jewelry
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is build 5 seducer, 2 Malubeth, 3 Trasmutaion and 2 alchemist (for the HP stack). I run 5 light and 2 heavy od 5 heavy and 2 light. All armor is impenetrable (minus helm...never got it with the right trait). I keep thief mundus for extra crit on healing and put some spell reduction cost on jewerly.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Press the Radiant Destruction button, followed by another press of the Radiant Destruction button - rinse and repeat.
    Edited by KundaliniHero on June 27, 2016 11:00PM
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    5 transmutation 3 jewelry and sword/boards, 2 skoria , 4 elf bane and 3 viscous death (2 swords-1 belt)
    Edited by KoreanAwtamatic on June 27, 2016 11:22PM
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Press the Radiant Destruction button, followed by another press of the Radiant Destruction button - rinse and repeat.

That leads to bash , incap , horse simulator lol
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    magplars is op In this patch, subscribe on my chanel, I make more videos when zos unban me lol)
    Your videos do not show any sign of OP-ness, you use jesus beam too early (uneffective) and a very standard templar build, any templar played since fall 2014.

Anybody can do videos by picking the cherries.., showing how he kills nuubs, who do not interrupt/block soul strike, who do not do real burst damage on you and, then, claim the class is OP. Fortunately, or I hope so, ZOS is not going to hear you.
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Your videos do not show any sign of OP-ness, you use jesus beam too early (uneffective) and a very standard templar build, any templar played since fall 2014.

Anybody can do videos by picking the cherries.., showing how he kills nuubs, who do not interrupt/block soul strike, who do not do real burst damage on you and, then, claim the class is OP. Fortunately, or I hope so, ZOS is not going to hear you.

lets meet and duel maybe ?