The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What ability is this guy using?

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
I'm in IC and this Templar is hitting me with a beam and it melts away 30k in the matter of seconds smh. Anyone know what it is? Its a beam so I was thinking maybe it was the Soul Ult but she keeps using it so cant be an Ult. Is there a counter to it bc I would break line of sight and she just goes back to using it again right away.
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got hit by Templars execute called radiant destruction (aka Jesus Beam). You can interrupt it with bash, crushing shock, etc. or you use purge/cloak.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    You got hit by Templars execute called radiant destruction (aka Jesus Beam). You can interrupt it with bash, crushing shock, etc. or you use purge/cloak.

So can they run that constantly? Bc if your 30 ft from them you F'd.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    Gil.Galad wrote: »

So can they run that constantly? Bc if your 30 ft from them you F'd.

it's supposed to do that much at execute range (as in when one is low on health) but sometimes it procs before that. Other times multiple Templars at once use it, and you end up dead:D

fun fact, RD replaced the templar ability, blinding flashes, which let templars dodge melee attacks for most of the time it was on.
    Edited by Cody on June 26, 2016 11:22PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and yes they can run it constantly, it's a class ability.
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Needs the execute range lowered to 25%
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All executes in my opinion should be 25%. I'm looking at you Executioner and Radiant Destruction. Even Poison Injection should be changed, it's just as overpowered in it's current state, give the bonus damage once under 25% health. All these under 50% health executes make staying alive a nightmare and simply to easy to kill players.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 27, 2016 12:36AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They 50% because vamps ruined the game. Nerf vamp
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its the blue beam then its the Ultimate from the soul skill (soul assult)and its very cheap also it hits like a truck.
    tumblr_nlj2hx7UWZ1t06ubmo1_r1_400.gif

But if its the yellow beam then its the Radiant destruction (50% execute but the true execute starts at 30%)
    360?cb=20160210133155

Edit:
    To counter it is to block!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTJNUM0__ey7c6ZZQ_g6XsYpMSc6hkEsNVvYjpfAQp7Tdab4baNQ

Or dodge where there are some obstacles like tree, rock and even players!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-DTYkL9LzQPwefUli9TQVC7u77O4DztSDj5iO5JJsfnPx3dtqb1vHYe0w

Lastly, if you can't block or dodge near some obstacles then
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwqIO4le-Bo_0QBBf9LZHah_-19uqIHRT-yRSxbL3JHA3-Q5zxZWW4UCYi
    Edited by Van_0S on June 27, 2016 3:21AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above posts. No executioner should trigger until 25 or lower%. I have had poison injections end up doing 10K damage to me starting from half health. I don't care how low one's armor rating or crit resistance is, that much damage in that short of time at half health is ridiculous. An executioner is supposed to finish someone off, not be a way to almost instantly take someone from half to zero.
    Edited by Cody on June 27, 2016 3:09AM
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All executes in my opinion should be 25%. I'm looking at you Executioner and Radiant Destruction. Even Poison Injection should be changed, it's just as overpowered in it's current state, give the bonus damage once under 25% health. All these under 50% health executes make staying alive a nightmare and simply to easy to kill players.

Yea, ikr!
    I had to just wait for my friend to do his poison injection and then I used my RD on him, he got melted by a strong dot and execut! :D
    Edited by Van_0S on June 27, 2016 3:25AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in IC and this Templar is hitting me with a beam and it melts away 30k in the matter of seconds smh. Anyone know what it is? Its a beam so I was thinking maybe it was the Soul Ult but she keeps using it so cant be an Ult. Is there a counter to it bc I would break line of sight and she just goes back to using it again right away.

If your health is low, heal up fast. If you can't do that, it's probably good night unless you can interrupt them ASAP.

If your health isn't low, gap close, bash or otherwise interrupt. Templars are very vulnerable while casting it. If you are too far away for those options, block and step or roll dodge back or out of LOS.

If a templar is using it on you when are at full health it's generally because:
    • They are terribad or panicking or totally unprepared for the fight they find themselves in. Close in and go for the kill.
    • They missed their actual target (happens way too often)
    • They have friends waling on you and they are in a safe space, and while pure cheese it often works
    • You are too far away for their other skills to hit you (this is easily countered)
    • It makes people panic and retreat even when they shouldn't
    • You are dodging everything else they throw at you, so they try the undodgeable attack they have slotted

From what you describe, the first or the last sounds most likely.
  • Ashnunn
    Ashnunn
    ✭✭✭
    #bringbackblindingflashes

CP 561
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD can kill someone only when hes below 25% and he has no idea what hes doing, like roll dodge roll dodge oh i died, RD is op! I should record how folks are defending against it and how I do it by my self. First of all block if you cant LOS or bash or interupt or purge. Second heal and then put presure on temp as he is totaly vulnerable to your attacks while casting RD. If u are templar use ritual, if you are NB use cloak, if you are sorc just stack shield with healing ward and bolt away, if youre dk you have to purge as you dont have class skills that can break it. Every single class has a one button skill to break RD (purge), plus few other ways to do it but constantly you all refuse to use them, but somehow cyrodiil is full of people who know how to counter it, i dont know how to explain this. Few days ago I was strugling with gankers and sucha, went here asking for help (not calling for nerfs to NB or Snipe)and guess what? Ive recived a lot of awesome advices that solved my problem. Stop be immune to knowledge and try some solutions. Yeah you will have to change your build, maybe you will loose some of yourse pew pew as I did but im happy with that changes as my overall pvp survivability got a looot better.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

If your health is low, heal up fast. If you can't do that, it's probably good night unless you can interrupt them ASAP.

If your health isn't low, gap close, bash or otherwise interrupt. Templars are very vulnerable while casting it. If you are too far away for those options, block and step or roll dodge back or out of LOS.

If a templar is using it on you when are at full health it's generally because:
    • They are terribad or panicking or totally unprepared for the fight they find themselves in. Close in and go for the kill.
    • They missed their actual target (happens way too often)
    • They have friends waling on you and they are in a safe space, and while pure cheese it often works
    • You are too far away for their other skills to hit you (this is easily countered)
    • It makes people panic and retreat even when they shouldn't
    • You are dodging everything else they throw at you, so they try the undodgeable attack they have slotted

From what you describe, the first or the last sounds most likely.

Yea your right lol it was also #3 too
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to let everyone know I wasnt complaining about this ability its just I have not played a Templar very much so didnt know what the ability was. On top of it I'm just starting to play PvP more and more as I kind of snail paced though the game bc I like to listen to the quests and craft. Bc of this I just never came across it before and wanted to know if there was a counter to it. Thanks for all the info you guys where very helpful.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    RD can kill someone only when hes below 25% and he has no idea what hes doing, like roll dodge roll dodge oh i died, RD is op! I should record how folks are defending against it and how I do it by my self. First of all block if you cant LOS or bash or interupt or purge. Second heal and then put presure on temp as he is totaly vulnerable to your attacks while casting RD. If u are templar use ritual, if you are NB use cloak, if you are sorc just stack shield with healing ward and bolt away, if youre dk you have to purge as you dont have class skills that can break it. Every single class has a one button skill to break RD (purge), plus few other ways to do it but constantly you all refuse to use them, but somehow cyrodiil is full of people who know how to counter it, i dont know how to explain this. Few days ago I was strugling with gankers and sucha, went here asking for help (not calling for nerfs to NB or Snipe)and guess what? Ive recived a lot of awesome advices that solved my problem. Stop be immune to knowledge and try some solutions. Yeah you will have to change your build, maybe you will loose some of yourse pew pew as I did but im happy with that changes as my overall pvp survivability got a looot better.

That's a very good advices and very unrealistic. We all know what happening on PvP atm and how templars are unballanced in open PvP.
    Edited by juhasman on June 27, 2016 1:23PM
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe fix RD:

1.) reduce range

or

2.) remove recalculation of ticks depending on actual health status of target
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with the damage RD does...I do have a problem with it's range though...no execute should have a range like that...it promotes it to be spammed from behind a zerg which is exactly what people do lol.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with the damage RD does...I do have a problem with it's range though...no execute should have a range like that...it promotes it to be spammed from behind a zerg which is exactly what people do lol.

Yeah as dmg of RD is shity ass hell (comparing to other finishers), in 1v1 fighting against a decent player its almost impossible to kill him as RD can be blocked and out healed rly easy, i cant count how many times ive survived 2 rds on me while arround 30% hp, y its anoying but nothing more, problem start when you have RD on you and few Focused Aims + other stuff, this is when you die, but in this situation you should die anyway (no roll dodge shouldnt save your ass in any possible scenario).

And about range... Just like Endless Furry of a sorc? Or Impale of NB (ok its 15m and near a keep 19m but ill explain it later)? Or... Oh wait DK has no class finisher so it makes that... every single finisher except of 2h executioner has at least one morph with range but none has cast time and all of them HIT MUCH HARDER THAN RD WHILE IN RANGE (20%/25%) and can be spamed, can be weaved with cc skills like crystal frags or fear whatever you like to burn thorugh shields, heals and sucha, also while casting them youre not snared, you can block cast them so youre not vulnerable to cc (except of fear). Even more! Endless furry of a sorc has a 4s cooldown so it is also amazing finisher as you need to land it once per 4s and if your target hp drops to 20% hes dead (beleve me its amazing skill I simply love it while on my sorc, I rlly would like to have it on templar in exchange for RD), and impale... Finisher that has no delay as its animation isnt any kind of projectile, its even hard to notice that someone is using it on you, thats why it has lesser range cause it would make it op (as it used to be) and only reason that NBs are not using it is that Impale is magica skill and current meta is stamina (to meet magica DK or NB these days is like to meet Dodo, you just stand there and think "Can I kill him? And if its last of his kind?"). So yeah RD kills same as other executioners or smoking.

Im not a good pvper, Im just casual player that owns all 4 classes and... on each i know how to defend against RD (im not claiming that I can survive every single time when Im Jesus Beamed but its more like 80%, it can be 70% also, dont know, im just guessing), so who are you if you cant? I die more often from balistas fire (im so noob - in the heat of a battle im focused on other players not on some flying gigantic darts) than from RD.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »
    Maybe fix RD:

1.) reduce range

or

2.) remove recalculation of ticks depending on actual health status of target

You don't want number 2, unless you'd like to lose the ability to be able to heal/get healed through it. Imagine those 20% range ticks when you've been healed up to 80%. This would be a very big buff to RD.

As for number 1, it's unreasonable to nerf the execute of one class while not nerfing the range of other similar hard hitting abilities. If that sniper is standing on top of a resource tower and I'm on the flag flipping it, RD is my only option to make him back off for a few seconds.

I don't think RD needs to be "fixed.". A lot of abilities are seriously deadly when spammed from behind a zerg; that's a meta problem, not a problem with this ability.
    Edited by NBrookus on June 28, 2016 3:34AM
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Yea its not that bad now that I know how to handle it, I just go right for the Templar 1st now. I 1vX some people today and went right for the Templar 1st and killed them pretty quick after bashing them. Poison shot is pretty brutal against it as well if you cant get close enough to bash them. Thx for all the info everyone, made it a lot easier to fight them now that I know how to counter it.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    when you say it melted 30k in the matter of seconds i still think it could be soul assault,
    this ultimate only cost 85 ultimate to cast, and can be reduced to be even cheaper whit gear sets, so if very possible to cast it multiple times during a fight.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a sorc then Defensive Rune will interrupt it unless they have cc immunity. Crushing Shock too, but that's obvious. I bashed one once and then killed him and he whispered me accusing me of perma-stunning him lol. Never been whispered for using defensive rune though.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on June 28, 2016 5:49AM
    PC | EU
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it's a pain in the a## if you aren't another Templar running purify. It's an effective tool for keeping up damage at a distance and forces some people to waste resources by dodge rolling or spamming heals. Get close if possible and bash them. A lot of the time people keep a distance from magplar using RD, big mistake and if they make it I usually start bombarding them with dark flare as well.

I main a magplar and slot RD, but I usually use it when they're guaranteed to die because their health is below 20%.

However, I spam that isht on dodge rollers just to keep them wasting stam by healing etc. Or because they just keep rolling lmao.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea its not that bad now that I know how to handle it, I just go right for the Templar 1st now.

Which is why I switched to heavy armor on my templar. Not a healer but I was still getting focused first. Losing the spell damage was worth it; I just need to find the right HA set now.

OTOH, templars are the first ones to get battlefield rezzes.

Glad you have a handle on it now!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That ability is called wrobel balance. It's so strong that it's been making people quit since 1.6.

rip decibel
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, RD is OP. As is any execute that starts at 50% health. Executioner and Radiant are the worst.
    People say you should get close to Templars to interrupt them. Yup, correct. But that is difficult on magicka builds (not the getting close, but the bashing thing). Aaand, since genius Wroebel is in charge, Templars are getting the "it's my house" treatment with damage AoEs around them and stuff. In short: You're at a disadvantage at range, and you are supposed to be at a disadvantage close-up. *facepalm*
    I mean, you could easily 1v1 a temp, should be easy, right? even if he/she heals like crazy, what's defending isn't killing. How often do you have 1v1s in a siege, though? xD
    This game is ridiculously imbalanced. Just... just re-roll the class that gets buffed with the newest patch or throw the game out of the window, my honest advice. And trust me, it is the best advice anyone here can give you.