Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Why so many trolls?

josh.lackey_ESO
josh.lackey_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
1) The blazing shield trollplar
2) The blockspammer
3) The permacloaker who only kills via combo dumps people; otherwise runs
4) The prox det, bats, mist form, root spam, aoe spam, over-coordinated, zero skill ball zergs who cause the server to overload and create unplayable lag
5) The talon/bombard spammer
6) The PvRock 1vX ers.
7) The cheat engine "git gud" macro hero who always claims you're just salty when he does impossible things (you can only have so much recovery, so many cp, so many sets going, etc.)

No, your tower farm is not cool. It's stupid. It's annoying. Your ball zerg rolling over players just having a good time is not skilled. It is creating, then exploiting, server lag to harass the other players. Running around rocks is not pro. It's goofy.

Why do so many people play the game this way. There have to be at least 5 guilds who ball zerg on a regular basis (PC NA). Whenever they do, the whole server will lag like crazy. There is a direct correlation. I don't know if they have found out timing ability x y and z together makes massive lag, or if it's just a side effect. But either way, cut it out guys. That is not necessary. It doesn't even look fun to play the game that way. If it just for AP?

Open world is nothing but a craptastic trollfest anymore. When can we get staged battlegrounds or arenas? Soon, I hope?

Now it's moved on to cross-faction trolling. Had a malubeth exploiter blockspamming and couldn't be killed with several decent players pounding on him. So I put down a cold fire on him. A friendly -- apparently his buddy -- gets on my siege and starts firing it off in some other direction. I don't get it. U gud, u found broken metas, u can block spam. Cookies for you. Why be a jerk about finding broken mechanics? Lost a cold fire siege cause of cross-faction trolling. It's on a whole new level these days. What is wrong with the community? I want to play and have a good time; have good fights. I want the same for everyone else. I enjoy nice fighting, minimum of cheese, and fun for all parties. Is this game so exhausted for folks that the only jollies left are in actively being as annoying as possible to everyone else?

There is not a fine line between being competitive and being a jerk. It's a pretty clear line. Can we all try to make the gameplay better? Just because we CAN cheese out the game or troll everyone doesn't mean we have to. Like, play unto others as you would have them play unto you. Or something.

Cyrodiil has never have such a high annoyance-vs-fun ratio as it does right now for me.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give us a list of things we CAN do pls. I don't want to break your rules
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) The blockspammer
    4) The prox det, bats, mist form, root spam, aoe spam, over-coordinated, zero skill ball zergs who cause the server to overload and create unplayable lag
    6) The PvRock 1vX ers.
    7) The cheat engine "git gud" macro hero who always claims you're just salty when he does impossible things (you can only have so much recovery, so many cp, so many sets going, etc.)

No, your tower farm is not cool. It's stupid. It's annoying. Your ball zerg rolling over players just having a good time is not skilled. It is creating, then exploiting, server lag to harass the other players. Running around rocks is not pro. It's goofy.

Why do so many people play the game this way. There have to be at least 5 guilds who ball zerg on a regular basis (PC NA). Whenever they do, the whole server will lag like crazy. There is a direct correlation. I don't know if they have found out timing ability x y and z together makes massive lag, or if it's just a side effect. But either way, cut it out guys. That is not necessary. It doesn't even look fun to play the game that way. If it just for AP?

Open world is nothing but a craptastic trollfest anymore. When can we get staged battlegrounds or arenas? Soon, I hope?

Now it's moved on to cross-faction trolling. Had a malubeth exploiter blockspamming and couldn't be killed with several decent players pounding on him. So I put down a cold fire on him. A friendly -- apparently his buddy -- gets on my siege and starts firing it off in some other direction. I don't get it. U gud, u found broken metas, u can block spam. Cookies for you. Why be a jerk about finding broken mechanics? Lost a cold fire siege cause of cross-faction trolling. It's on a whole new level these days. What is wrong with the community? I want to play and have a good time; have good fights. I want the same for everyone else. I enjoy nice fighting, minimum of cheese, and fun for all parties. Is this game so exhausted for folks that the only jollies left are in actively being as annoying as possible to everyone else?

There is not a fine line between being competitive and being a jerk. It's a pretty clear line. Can we all try to make the gameplay better? Just because we CAN cheese out the game or troll everyone doesn't mean we have to. Like, play unto others as you would have them play unto you. Or something.

Cyrodiil has never have such a high annoyance-vs-fun ratio as it does right now for me.

Dude. There was a time in Cyrodiil when certain Dragon Knight Vampire builds could literally (And there are videos of it) 1vInfinity and literally not die. In fact, because there was no AoE cap at the time, the Leeching Swarm Ult could be spammed (due to regens at the time) infinitely and it was exponentially more powerful the more people you were fighting, outhealing everyone and slowly hacking your way through. And it was COMMON.

So yeah, Cyrodiil has always been a busted piece of trash.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me into category 3 of your list and I'm smiling all the time I'm doing it.

Have you ever heard of King Canute?
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on June 23, 2016 2:06PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How dare he try to kill people?
    2) The blockspammer

How dare he try to stay alive? And that's called permablocking FYI.

I get where you're going if you're talking about those one shot wonders. Yup, those are definitely annoying, but can't exactly hate peeps for wanting to stay alive, which is not the case for all NBs.

"Over coordinated" and "zero skill". Huuuuuuum... It takes skill to coordinate, except if you do it too much...? Wat?

That's not trolling, that's being annoying. I don't like them, doesn't make them trolls.
    6) The PvRock 1vX ers.

How dare he try to stay alive? Also, #NerfTrees.

Thus the witch hunting kept going. I'm not saying cheaters do not exist, but if you want to get better, consider that no matter what happens, this is your fault. You died alone to a zerg? This is your fault, watch your positioning, rework your mobility. You got killed in 2 seconds from stealth? Get tankier. Fail, try again, adapt, and finally overcome.

--

You're basically confusing "trolling" with just "using existing mechanics". With a few exceptions, as cross-faction sabotage (turning a siege in the wrong direction) is effectively not fairplay at all to put it mildly.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Baobab_Theoldtree
    Baobab_Theoldtree
    ✭✭✭
    why so many trolls?

It's more fun to troll than fight :*
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, running around a rock is a blast! Taking advantage of los isn't trolling, it's not my fault if an entire group just keeps chasing me and standing in my ground aoes to do it.

I play the same game with my dogs, running around the kitchen island. It only takes them a few seconds to split forces and come at me from different directions. I guess what I'm saying is, dogs have a shorter Learning curve than many players in Cyrodiil.

And tower farms are only effective when people keep letting themselves be farmed. You could argue that the true trolls are the players on your side that keep running and dying in a tower while your faction loses important holds. >:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I play the same game with my dogs, running around the kitchen island. It only takes them a few seconds to split forces and come at me from different directions. I guess what I'm saying is, dogs have a shorter Learning curve than many players in Cyrodiil.

Bahaha so true, I tend to just sit back and grab popcorn and watch them run in circles. Lemming like. It's like a train wreck you know it's going to be bad, but just can't stop watching.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO -

Main issue is how AP is dealt. If they changed some things to how AP was made then we'd likely see more diversity and actual teamplay. Right now, you build the strongest AP making player killing machine possible and go run around Cyro with no strategic plan other than to find the best mile-gate or bridge to camp. The incentives are what is toxic, players are rewarded for being trolls.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking is at the bottom of pile for roles that are incentivized in Cyrodiil. The people doing it are usually trying to find a way to be useful in group play, not simply annoy you.
    Line of sight is certainly not trolling. But I do share some of your frustration with the players in ESO, and I'm so sick of seeing the carbon copy builds running all the same gear and skills.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the game mechanics allow for it. not sure if your post is a rant or directed at the player or your telling zos to fix it. or a combination of all 3.
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 23, 2016 4:07PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you "spam" block?

With all the things that you list here, what kind of PvP is left?

Do you want me to run at you, in a straight line, and the we see who can bash the other one to death the quickest? I am reminded of the guy who wanted my Mag NB to duel him "withou cloak and CC" ....

I do 2,3,5 and 6 because that is how PvP is to me.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    How do you "spam" block?

With all the things that you list here, what kind of PvP is left?

Do you want me to run at you, in a straight line, and the we see who can bash the other one to death the quickest? I am reminded of the guy who wanted my Mag NB to duel him "withou cloak and CC" ....

I do 2,3,5 and 6 because that is how PvP is to me.

That really is a lot of limitations in the list...it's a little too "don't do the things that make it so I can't kill you"
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Give us a list of things we CAN do pls. I don't want to break your rules

I was just thinking, oh so you mean everyone who isn't you....okay.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

2) The blockspammer

I get where you're going if you're talking about those one shot wonders. Yup, those are definitely annoying, but can't exactly hate peeps for wanting to stay alive, which is not the case for all NBs.

"Over coordinated" and "zero skill". Huuuuuuum... It takes skill to coordinate, except if you do it too much...? Wat?

That's not trolling, that's being annoying. I don't like them, doesn't make them trolls.
    6) The PvRock 1vX ers.

Thus the witch hunting kept going. I'm not saying cheaters do not exist, but if you want to get better, consider that no matter what happens, this is your fault. You died alone to a zerg? This is your fault, watch your positioning, rework your mobility. You got killed in 2 seconds from stealth? Get tankier. Fail, try again, adapt, and finally overcome.

--

You're basically confusing "trolling" with just "using existing mechanics". With a few exceptions, as cross-faction sabotage (turning a siege in the wrong direction) is effectively not fairplay at all to put it mildly.

I lol and agreed to this entire post! Lack of lol button forces agree.
    Options
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

2) The blockspammer

6) The PvRock 1vX ers.

--

You made me nearly pee my pants with laughter, agree with you tho. And what's wrong with a trollplar our heals got nerfed big time we gotta be annoying somehow
    Options
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Tanking is at the bottom of pile for roles that are incentivized in Cyrodiil. The people doing it are usually trying to find a way to be useful in group play, not simply annoy you.
    Line of sight is certainly not trolling. But I do share some of your frustration with the players in ESO, and I'm so sick of seeing the carbon copy builds running all the same gear and skills.

The robots are taking over lol

Options
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole gaming community is full of griefers and trolls nowadays. Noone has the power to change it anymore.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
    Options
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    *OP sees vast array of builds and playstyles made possible by the inherent complexity of ESO*

OP: this sucks why are you guys all trolling me?
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield build isn't trolling...i have played a blazing Shield build in PVP off and on since game launch. For awhile zos made it nearly impossible, but its back in full force now, with improvements, so I rolled back into it. My toon is built to punish enemies for deciding to hit me. You hit me, you get punished, you figure out my game, you stop hitting me, then the only thing I have left to do I toppling charge around the battlefield desperately begging enemies to pay attention to me!...so L2P and don't call me a troll for finally being able to play my blazing shield tank. Its how templar tanks were meant to be played
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also say...blazing shield tank with proxy set, viscious death OP as all hell...
    Options
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I will also say...blazing shield tank with proxy set, viscious death OP as all hell...

What I'm thinking about running. Just need a ring or 2 what's your other gear and stat distribution out of curiosity. I'm undecided on keeping all magicka as I'm imperial.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far, proxy doesn't bring a lot to the equation in my experience, but maybe others have better luck. Perma roots and insanely powerful range attacks are still as problematic as bar space for BS Templars.
    Options
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    2) The blockspammer
    6) The PvRock 1vX ers.

1. Blazing shield Templar force you to counterplay. That is a good thing. If you don't adjust your battle plan to fight them then it is your fault.
    2. builds that block for lperiods of time are no different from builds that spam heals for long periods of time . they are both built to do their thing. Blocking has counterplay. You have to give up functionality to be able to block for long periods of time. There is a bucket list of unblockable damage sources. There is at least 1 cc per class that goes through block and blocking is resource intensive which robs from other defensive actions.
    3. Performing a good burst combo doesn't require much skill, however it does test the skill of the target. If your getting comboed by stealthers you can adjust your build to cover that weakness. Counterplay. It is worth mentioning that getting away after a stealth burst is the hard part. If someone disappears into thin air after a combo it is not OP, they are well practiced at their escaping.
    4. Ball groups have a right to exist. Zenimax is trying to give these different playstyles their place by creating district flags and cyrodil town captures. Part of this is on the community. If you want to ball group don't bring it to the districts or the small towns. Those places were created to give small scale a place.
    5. Root spammers are annoying. Zos put in root immunity plz.
    6. People use terrain to separate larger groups so they can get a chance at these fair good fights you are claiming to want. They don't want to get caught in the open to be zerged down. Don't chase them if you aren't up for a fight on their terms.
    7. Witch hunt.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I get most of my kills via cloak/stealth; that is how I like to play. I tried making characters that "up front fight" people, and they bored me. Sneaking around and causing mischief is where I have the most fun and where I find I do best. I am an opportunistic player; I feel that can be utilized best via a stealth based playstyle. I cannot rely on speed and out maneuvering people due to all of the snares in this game and sparks having long ago been removed, so I turn to what is for me the next best thing.

and its not like I absolutely cannot defend myself; I can(and manage to surprise myself sometimes) but that is not what I am geared toward; so of course I will not be able to take on the high DPS sorcerer or outlast a tank in a straight up 1v1. I am geared toward stealth and that is how I will play. Call it cowardice or honorless, whatever you wish, but its how i like to play.

the rest are perfectly valid playstyles. As for the macros point, players are able to have all of that regen and damage, because of the lack of softcaps, not macros. If you are tired of seeing people perform multiple heals/dodge rolls while still being able to spam X high damaging ability, then advocate for the return of softcaps; it will at least help. Someone with 30K stamina and decent regain is not going to run out of stamina unless you force them to waste it very quickly. Someone with 30K mana and decent regain is not going to run out of mana unless you trick them into wasting it all very quickly. If you want all of that to end, start advocating for limits on where one can take their stats.
    Edited by Cody on June 23, 2016 9:19PM
    Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    #6 => Don't chase them. The end of the problem.
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    No, running around a rock is a blast! Taking advantage of los isn't trolling, it's not my fault if an entire group just keeps chasing me and standing in my ground aoes to do it.

And tower farms are only effective when people keep letting themselves be farmed. You could argue that the true trolls are the players on your side that keep running and dying in a tower while your faction loses important holds. >:)

Yet they never seem to learn with laser pointers.
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    But can we play the game?
    Options
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone sounds butthurt because he got rekt
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i cant spam healz no morez?

edited to add. going to tf to spam healz but no healz for cats. Only High and lesser elves get healz.
    Edited by Thalmor-Nordmaster on June 25, 2016 5:48PM
    Options