Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Potency and Kutas from Surveys

Curragraigue
Curragraigue
✭✭✭✭✭
I did 9 enchanting surveys so 54 nodes with no potency or kutas, alot of rekuta though. I used to get kutas every 2-4 surveys and guaranteed potency before the DB update, was there a change? Travelling between survey locations in Wrothgar I picked up a kuta and 2-3 potency runes checking 6 random enchanting nodes.

RNG or are others noticing no potency or kutas from enchanting surveys now?
PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Kuta last week, but that was doing 6 Surveys in one day. I don't really remember getting all that many Kuta's from Surveys ever. I get most of mine from Hirelings and Writs. Kuta's have a 1% or less chance of dropping from a Node, at least they used to.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool so RNG then.

That was doing 9 surveys in a day. I thought there used to be an increased kuta drop chance from Surveys like there was for nirncrux in Craglorn.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither I nor my husband have received a single potency rune from the writ surveys. NOT A SINGLE ONE!

Now, maybe that's just RNG, but I've received a fair number of potencies from normal nodes.

As for Kuta, I've only ever gotten 2-4 from the surveys. Not really all that worried about Kuta, since I get a decent number from the writ containers, as well as my hirelings (well, only RARELY from hirelings) and normal nodes. Also, Kuta is really only useful for weapons and the three pieces of armor that receive the full enchant value. I don't bother with Kutas on gloves, for example. Rekutas are just fine for those pieces of gear.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 23, 2016 6:06PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 9 enchanting surveys so 54 nodes with no potency or kutas, alot of rekuta though. I used to get kutas every 2-4 surveys and guaranteed potency before the DB update, was there a change? Travelling between survey locations in Wrothgar I picked up a kuta and 2-3 potency runes checking 6 random enchanting nodes.

RNG or are others noticing no potency or kutas from enchanting surveys now?

i got a kuta in a survey for the first time ever just after db launched. i didnt even know you could get them in surveys.