Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Psijic Ambrosia Fragment Rate of Obtainment

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So is it just me or is the drop rate so low I have absolutely no chance of getting one? It's been literally weeks since I last got one... I honestly think maybe a month!
Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 22, 2016 8:24AM
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Nadar
    Nadar
    ✭✭
    The drop rate has never been great but it does seem worse now than it has been in the past. My anecdotally derived estimate is that the drop rate is less than 3%
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, stopped seeing them months ago. Also stopped trying, recently. I guess Crown Experience Scroll sales are Down?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    haven't seen one in months so <1% rate
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got one this week. I was on my provisioner and thought, "why not do a writ?"

I stared at it for a good 15 seconds trying to figure out what it was before I recognized it.

P.S. - naturally, it was a duplicate. Sold it in the guild store.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 24, 2016 12:23PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped receiving them for months now, but coincidentally I just got one right now. Piece 4 but I already have it fml!!!!!!!
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    As I'd started with full 100 stacks of each food/drink required for the wrothgar writs when I finally got my first psijic ambrosia recipe fragment I knew exactly how many writs it had taken... it was in the 80's. Glad I'd decided to just buy them from the guild traders!
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it just me or is the drop rate so low I have absolutely no chance of getting one? It's been literally weeks since I last got one... I honestly think maybe a month!

i have gotten one in the last six months
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    I think #4 is the rarest, based on my own experience.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ebbs and flows for me. I have made 4 Ambrosia Recipes since it dropped. I have 5 Fragments now (two duplicates so really only 3 fragments).

However, it was about 6 weeks after my last recipe that I started getting Fragments again, and in the past two weeks I have gotten 4 of them. Hopefully the RNG Curve stays fat until I get the ones I need.

Note I do top end Prov Writs on 4 of my characters, each day. Also, got a fragment once on an L6 Mule doing L3 Recipe Writs. But, that was after 250 provisioning writs, so not a common occurrence.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the same experience as Nestor. It seems to ebb and flow. Nothing for a long time then I get 3 in a week.

VII seems to be the rarest according to my hoard.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was having such a dry spell a number of months ago, so I purchased the last three that I needed. I had received about six duplicates prior to that and sold them all, so I figured I could spend the gold on the ones I needed.

Didn't see any for another few months (really tired of getting just green recipes, but that's another story) and suddenly received three this past week! I had decided long ago that I'd only have my main provisioner learn this recipe since it isn't something I'd use very often anyway (I did, incidentally, use it to make a batch of Ambrosia to help me get to V16 before vet ranks were removed).
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I find it's not just Psijic Ambrosia but the containers themselves. Usually I get a Green Recipe and the typical 5 of 2 ingredients and 10 of 2 others, sometimes getting Frost Mirriam and Bervez Juice, rarely getting a Blue Recipe instead of Green, and I cannot recall the last time I got a Purple Recipe from writs. How I can be so extremely unlucky with Provisioning Writs yet just now get a Glass Motif Fragment from TWO equipment writs on 1 character leads me to believe Provisioning Writ rewards in general need looked into.

Again I do all Orsinium Writs, one per day for each of the 6 crafts.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 24, 2016 7:28PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen a Purple from Orinsium Writs in I don't know how long. All I get is the Green ones. Now, I have pulled a couple of Blues recently, ones I already had on my 6 provisioners, but still no purples in a raccoon's age.
    Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2016 7:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a purple recipe in a writ last week and a psijic recipe piece 2 days ago, which makes 2 psijics in 2 weeks. This is from 4 characters delivering provisioning writs to Orsinium every day. Soon this will be 5 characters from today as my 5th reached level 50 yesterday.

The return rate is not that great but the work required is not that much, I guess if I had to spend an hour doing a writ on one character to get a green recipe and a couple of nuisance ingredients every day I would complain. Don't know how I'd feel if I was only doing writs on character.

There are some changes they could do to make things better, like stop giving green recipes once you get above a certain level. There are similar crafting issues out there that could also be improved once players reach high levels. Like change Ta's for a higher level runes or give more blue or purple improvement items instead of the endless flow of greens.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... rng is rng... I do 6 writs a day on 5 toons each. That makes about 30 writs.

I typically average 1-2 gold mats per day for each craft except alchemy and provisioning. Provisioning gets me a psijic ambrosia fragment of maybe once a week.

So the drop rate of gold mats from my experience from turn ins is about ~ 10-20%
    Drop rate of glass motif fragments is about ~ 30-50% ( thyre fairly common)
    Drop rate of psijic ambrosia fragments ~ 2-3%.... So yeah... Thyre actually pretty rare.

(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Well... rng is rng... I do 6 writs a day on 5 toons each. That makes about 30 writs.

I typically average 1-2 gold mats per day for each craft except alchemy and provisioning. Provisioning gets me a psijic ambrosia fragment of maybe once a week.

So the drop rate of gold mats from my experience from turn ins is about ~ 10-20%
    Drop rate of glass motif fragments is about ~ 30-50% ( thyre fairly common)
    Drop rate of psijic ambrosia fragments ~ 2-3%.... So yeah... Thyre actually pretty rare.

I'm generally unlucky and I used to get fragments somewhat often, often enough to make me think the rate has dropped... Wouldn't hurt for Zenimax to review the ratio at least and up it a bit if it's too low. Besides, it's not just those but the writs in general these days are mostly basic. The other day I managed to get a blue recipe instead of green but the amount of times I get a green recipe and the usual 5 5 10 and 10 ingredients is too common even for my misfortune.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In somewhere around 60ish Provisioning Writs, I've never seen one.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    It's got a fickle RNG. Feast or famine.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pay to play BS. Why put it in the game if they can sell it. Clearly they don't have enough money coming in from their 7 million players. So they have to make it so tedious and near impossible to get this item that you would give up and end up playing. Gotta love when companies kind of force you into that role.

If it is being offered for real money, you can bet it will be near impossible to get. Those $12-15 subscriptions a month (think of how much money that is above and beyond the actual sale of the game!) are clearly still not enough to line their pockets. Shameful greed.Clearly. Or the drop rate would be more like 10-15%
    Edited by CombatPrayer on June 28, 2016 2:59PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's got a fickle RNG. Feast or famine.

Very fickle. I definitely get them at irregular intervals. I had 4 (5 max level provisioners) in the span of about 10 days, then nothing for the past few weeks.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been extremely good at finding the time to run all my provision writs on every alt I have 50 prov every day for the past month. Have gotten one every week so far and even got two one week for 5 total since around the 20th of last month. If your only running one prov writ a day then I wouldnt be surprised if you havent gotten any :p
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Ive been extremely good at finding the time to run all my provision writs on every alt I have 50 prov every day for the past month. Have gotten one every week so far and even got two one week for 5 total since around the 20th of last month. If your only running one prov writ a day then I wouldnt be surprised if you havent gotten any :p

I used to get some every once in awhile doing one writ a day though. I'm not entirely convinced the rate hasn't been tampered with aka ninja nerfed at some point.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As posted earlier, am now doing 5 max level provisioning writs to Wrothgar every day and have got 2 more Psijic pieces in the last 3 days. It is entirely possible I will go the next two weeks without getting another one though, such is the nature of RNG.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely worse for me...I used to be pretty lucky with this, but I haven't seen a fragment in three months or so, despite doing writs daily on two characters.

What are they selling for these days? Used to be able to get 25-30k for a fragment...if they're still around that price, then I'm just having a run of bad luck.
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most are on the market for about 25k and over (PS4 NA) but I don't think they turn over quickly. I sell mine cheaper than that and you can find them from about the 22k if you shop around - challenge is finding that piece or two you are missing.

I have learned it on my crafter, keep one of each and sell any extras. I am only one piece away from having my second full set so am thinking there might be a good market for selling the complete set.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Most are on the market for about 25k and over (PS4 NA) but I don't think they turn over quickly. I sell mine cheaper than that and you can find them from about the 22k if you shop around - challenge is finding that piece or two you are missing.
    Wow. On PC the fragments are about 5k gold and they don't sell fast at that price either.
    shades.gif
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EVERYTHING on PS4 is more expensive for some reason, maybe the player base is different from PC and want more instant gratification on everything, hence buying stuff is easier and quicker than farming/grinding/working for it.

Price is usually controlled by supply and demand, so either demand is high or supply is low. I assume that the availability of all materials is statistically the same on consoles as it is on PC. This means that compared to PC, on PS4 either a smaller percentage of players are farming or collecting the materials and selling them, or a higher percentage of players want to buy it instead of farming/collecting them - maybe both.

This is just a theory so don't accuse me of spreading hate if anyone is offended - I am on PS4 myself.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I do 8 provisioning writs a day. & at max lvl, 1 at rank 5. They mostly drop from the max level writs, Doing 49 max level writs a week, I generally get 2-4 a week. I generally sell them in one my guild stores, making sure that there are no other of that page up in that store, for about 5k and they usually sell in a few days. As long as you are competitive in the pricing they sell pretty quick.

As far as the recipes lately I have been doing pretty well on non-green ones, getting at least 5 a week (purples are considerably rarer) The max level blue recipes are so common though that I consider them vendor trash, selling on average for 100-200 gold. The lower rank blue recipes are the ones that sell for 1000's of gold. I also regularly get purple matts, although, I really don't keep track of the quantity.

I play on PC NA. In my opinion, the biggest reason that things sell for more on consoles is the lack of add-ons. (specifically the Master Merchant) They make it easier for buyers to compare prices and get better deals, and encourage sellers to make their offerings more competitive in price. On PC, even if you do not have the add-on or are not in large trading guild to have the data to give you a reliable pricing, just linking the item in zone chat in one of the heavier populated zones and asking for a price check will usually get you a response from someone who does. Without this feature, it must be a lot harder to keep track of what average prices are.
    Edited by Vonovosi on July 3, 2016 6:55PM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the comments here, not had one for an age. Coupled with no Perfect Roe for months.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever since TG I haven't received one single piece. Pre TG I got at least one every month. I only do one max prov writ a day, but still....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP