Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning Making Money?

helpmeimnew
Is there an item that I can cook to sell in a trading guild. I am currently in a few trading guilds but only selling recipes. Are people in need of certain kinds of food, and if so do they buy them from guild traders?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Side note: I am lvl 50 provisioner and I have a massive amount of recipes.
I am a member of Tamriel's Trade Guild, Nibenay Warriors, The Incompetent Admirals, and AFK.
  • helpmeimnew
    Also, I'm on PS4. Sorry forgot to add that.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, the food really doesn't sell much in traders as everyone can provision. However, if you have enough resources to make stacks of the v15 foods, you can make good coin selling them to in game vendors; specially with the 4x passive.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Sorry, the food really doesn't sell much in traders as everyone can provision. However, if you have enough resources to make stacks of the v15 foods, you can make good coin selling them to in game vendors; specially with the 4x passive.
    agree.gif
    Green VR10+ food sells for 5g a piece at vendors. I have 8 chars with provisioning 50 and 3/3 hirelings.

I did a cooking session yesterday and made about 30k just selling the food/drinks to vendors. On the PC, there's an AddOn that helps with the monotony of cooking stacks of 200.

I've never seen anything selling well at the guild traders. Sometimes i can sell a stack of mats for good coin but making food and selling it to vendors is by far the easiest way to make some gold.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 20, 2016 6:09PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use up excess ingredients making green foods and drinks and just sell them to NPC Merchants. I could pick up 10K to 30K gold in a session of doing that. However, without an addon to allow multiple orders of multiple recipes, I would have never done this. One time I qued up all the Tier 6 Foods and Drinks, made 200 of each and cleared more than 30K. However even with the addon it took about 40 minutes for the orders to process. I can't imagine how long that would take manually.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone asked this recently. I make all the 5g foods I can, but will substitute 4g foods when they share an ingredient and I can make more gold from them instead, then I dig fully into 4g foods, doing the same with 3g and so on until I make everything I can. Sell it to an NPC. Profit.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    As many have stated already, provisioning makes great "steady" income through selling cooked goods to npcs. You will by no means get filthy rich through this, but it can help make ends meet and just be that extra spending cash to buy a few motifs you like.

You can also TRY to sell the top end food items (blue Health/Stam or Health/magic food or the different regen drinks) but I'd wager those don't move TOO often and you wouldn't be able to sell them for too much as provisioning is super easy to level and not all that skill point intensive.

Then there is the Psijic Ambrosia. Te recipe fragments used to sell quite well when it first came out (19-35k a pop), but that's more of a "bonus" then anything you can reliably count on. Same with the Ambrosia itself. If you do your own fishing you can probably turn the 9-10k you'd get from the Roe into 4 Psijic Ambrosia for ~3-3.5k a pop (total sale or 12-14k) making you an extra 3-5k assuming you have copious amounts of the purple mats (most people do). Otherwise it's a bit riskier and costs more to start up but you can always BUY th Roe and turn it into Ambrosia to flip for a profit of 3-5k, but really quick you can be stuck in the red if you bought more then you're selling.

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not "lucrative" but I have 7 Provisioner Alts and I listed a stack of every ingredient on Saturday morning and sold everyone of them at +100g markup per 25 stack by Sunday Night.

The only trouble I have now is making the effort to go into my Crafter Bag since I don't have to clear Bag overstock anymore.

Again its not like Gold mats but its free stock and every bit of it sells.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an item that I can cook to sell in a trading guild. I am currently in a few trading guilds but only selling recipes. Are people in need of certain kinds of food, and if so do they buy them from guild traders?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Side note: I am lvl 50 provisioner and I have a massive amount of recipes.
    I am a member of Tamriel's Trade Guild, Nibenay Warriors, The Incompetent Admirals, and AFK.

im also a master provisioner but i dont sell food --- there is a ton of money in recipes --not the green ones, but the harder to get blue ones. they are my main source of income.
  • helpmeimnew
    Thanks everyone who responded. I was not really looking for selling food to NPCs, but more of if any food specifically could be sold in a guild trader, and if so what kind. A read on the market seems to be lacking from what i have researched.

Thanks anyways.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone who responded. I was not really looking for selling food to NPCs, but more of if any food specifically could be sold in a guild trader, and if so what kind. A read on the market seems to be lacking from what i have researched.
    Thanks anyways.

And everyone kept telling you there is no market for it in guild stores but that you can make some coin selling it to vendors.

Clearly, the answers and suggestions given here were not what you were hoping to hear, but they are good suggestions regardless of your expectations.
    shades.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks anyways.

That's just it. We have read the market, we have put Foods and Drinks for sale in the Kiosks and watched them Expire. There is no real money to be made in selling completed Foods and Drinks through Kiosks. You might sell some top end Purple Foods and Drinks, but, not many. The reason is, anyone can level Provisioning in about 30 minutes or less to max level. There is no demand for Foods and Drinks simply because anyone who wants to make them, can make them in very short order.

Then there is the situation, do you want to use up your Purple Mats to make items that can't sell for replacement cost of the mats?

The market for making Writ Foods and Drinks has all but dried up since the Writ Recipes are now sold by Chef's and Brewers, so no one is really needing those anymore either. Even then, you might sell a 10 stack of a Green for not much more than what you can sell to an NPC Merchant.

So, the advice to make Green foods and drinks from excess mats and selling to NPC Merchants is the best and most reliable method for making money from Provisioning. It can be a good chunk of Gold too, if your willing to hit the Craft button that many times, or use an Addon if your on the PC to automate the process.
    Edited by Nestor on June 21, 2016 9:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helpmeimnew
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Thanks anyways.

And everyone kept telling you there is no market for it in guild stores but that you can make some coin selling it to vendors.

Clearly, the answers and suggestions given here were not what you were hoping to hear, but they are good suggestions regardless of your expectations.
    shades.gif

Thanks for the snide remarks and the snarkey shades smiley. Clearly, your not trying to pick a fight.
    I must have been unclear in my initial question about selling objects in guild traders. Considering I received 6 answers that were essentially ending with the same thing. I get it, were on the forums and you need to pad your stats. I'm not hating on you for it. How do I remove the topic so I don't get more updates from forum ppl trying to pick fights?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer the question about what sells in the guild trader and what doesn't. I appreciate it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the snide remarks and the snarkey shades smiley. Clearly, your not trying to pick a fight.
    I must have been unclear in my initial question about selling objects in guild traders. Considering I received 6 answers that were essentially ending with the same thing. I get it, were on the forums and you need to pad your stats. I'm not hating on you for it. How do I remove the topic so I don't get more updates from forum ppl trying to pick fights?
    Pick a fight? Are you from Berkeley? biggrin.gif

Somebody needs to boost their "Thick Skin" stats with some purple food ...
    bye1.gif