Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question regarding gear drops.

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
I was under the impression that the item drops were 'smart drops' meaning that the drops were largely dependant on the character build and not just random. However, so far ALL the purple drops I got on all my characters were gear classes that I don't use on those characters and have a very low level in them, e.g. my healer got 2 heavy armor set pieces and 1 two handed axe even though light armor and restoration staff are the only leveled skill lines.
Am I getting it wrong or is it just my luck?
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drops are fully random, I don't think I've seen any evidence ever that drops were "smart" in any way.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    could have sworn I've seen it as a loading screen tool tip...
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear the drops will be anything but what you actually need or use! I rarely get what I am looking for.
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only relevant thing that can be regarding to drop is the item level: should be the same as your character.

But even there it can be quite dumb (and frustrating), looking at you level cp150 gear dropping on a cp160 character !
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been my experience that drops are the opposite of smart, more often than not.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    The only relevant thing that can be regarding to drop is the item level: should be the same as your character.

But even there it can be quite dumb (and frustrating), looking at you level cp150 gear dropping on a cp160 character !

I can relate to it I suppose.. I had level 50+ gear drop during my first dungeon run when my character was just level 10..