Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Imperials have good end-game sustain?

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
I'm currently in the process of levelling up a Redguard Stamplar, and an Imperial DK. I've never paid too much attention to min-maxing before, but the last couple of days, it's occurred to me that perhaps I got the races mixed up there?

The builds I have in mind, I'd be running restoring aura and vampire on the Stamplar, so that would more than make up for the Redguard 9% regen if I was to run an Imperial Stamplar, yeah?

And it seems like if you want to be a dominant damage-dealer for DK, you want to be going a Redguard, and any tankiness you're after could come from Hardened Armor etc etc...

So basically, people who've ran Imperials since beta, come end-game PVP, have you ever had sustain issues?

Best Answer

• MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently in the process of levelling up a Redguard Stamplar, and an Imperial DK. I've never paid too much attention to min-maxing before, but the last couple of days, it's occurred to me that perhaps I got the races mixed up there?

The builds I have in mind, I'd be running restoring aura and vampire on the Stamplar, so that would more than make up for the Redguard 9% regen if I was to run an Imperial Stamplar, yeah?

And it seems like if you want to be a dominant damage-dealer for DK, you want to be going a Redguard, and any tankiness you're after could come from Hardened Armor etc etc...

So basically, people who've ran Imperials since beta, come end-game PVP, have you ever had sustain issues?

The 9% regen of Redguard is a nice bonus, but their sustain really shines with the Adrenaline Rush passive in melee combat. It allows you to strive for a large max stam pool, and also get 3% back on melee hits every 3 seconds. This 3% is equal to 700 recovery on a build with 35k stamina, and more if you drive your max stamina higher. Not even a Wood Elf can get close to this on a melee build. This also allows you to invest in more damage sets/enchants, and run a little less recovery.

Redguards will always have more sustain than Imperial, but they really pull away from all classes if melee combat is your style.

The health on Imperial is great, but in PVP all characters are given an extra 5000 health. Imperials are nice if you move from PVE to PVP, you generally have enough health and don't need to mess with your attributes.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
    Answer ✓
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, though Imperials are a bit tanky, at end game, you might want max out damage dealing potential. For that reason, for PvE, races like Redguard or Khajiit would be better for that.
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    This more of a PVP-related question tbh. Thanks for your reply though. Honestly never considered Khajiit.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For endgame pve your sustain will be poop regardless if what race you choose - because you have to weight sustainability of resources v/s damage output - and those two things don't get along in the game :s:'(
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp go redguard.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭

Imperials are nice if you move from PVE to PVP, you generally have enough health and don't need to mess with your attributes.

So basically the 12% health is ineffectual in PVP?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imperials are nice if you move from PVE to PVP, you generally have enough health and don't need to mess with your attributes.

So basically the 12% health is ineffectual in PVP?

It's not bad, it's useful in some builds, but from purely a pvp perspective redguard is better, you have the same dmg because of the stamina passive but have a lot more sustain.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...