The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alchemy/Poisons/Snakeblood clarification question

ScrabbleCrush
ScrabbleCrush
Soul Shriven
I'm wondering if anyone could clarify something re: the new DLC and poisons. If someone else uses a poison potion against me (for instance, one that inflicts Minor Fracture upon the other player...me), is that considered me "ingesting" it? The reason I'm asking is to specifically see if using the Snakeblood skill will protect against alchemy poisons in PvP. The Snakeblood skill says "ingest" but it seems more like it would be applied to you if another player used it.

I suppose it could be tested by having a guildie in another alliance use one then attack me...but maybe someone already knows. :-)

Thanks much!

ScrabbleCrush
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This question comes up a lot in the forums lately. While I have not tested it myself, those who have say the passive does not work against poisons other players use on you.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snakeblood only works on self applied potions.

If you think about it, your not ingesting in the sense of drinking the potion, but instead the poison is is applied directly to the blood stream via a wound. You have no "iron stomach" to filter out or neutralize the poison.

So, yea, Snakeblood is still a useless Passive as you never need to make a potion with a negative effect.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    I tested Snakeblood and it seems it does nothing - 3/3 skills invested in it and it does not cancel any negative effects from the potions I drink. Some useful combinations only come bundled with a negative effect so this is where I had hoped to use it. Is it a known issue?
    Options