Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did i mess up?

Dereka67
Dereka67
Soul Shriven
So i started the thieves guild quest line at level 13, as i completed the quests I opened the packages that I got after every completion. My question is... Did I mess up by opening this stuff at such a low low level? I mean, is there a way to level the armor up as I level? Will it matter that I could be running around as a level 394 and want to use my level 13 armor?
  • Rosavyn
    Rosavyn
    ✭✭
    @dereka67b14_ESO I am pretty sure all the thieves guild quest reward gear is in the thieves guild crafting style (or some other similar one that's also craft-able, possibly mercenary or outlaw), in which case if you're just after how the gear looks you'll eventually be able to hunt down the motifs and make it yourself or find someone who's willing to make it for you at a higher level.

So no you didn't really mess up, while it is suggested to do the dlc at higher levels it's not the end of the world if you decide to have fun with it at any level.
    ♦ Rosavyn ~ Bosmeri Wayfarer ○ Rosen Verloren ~ Imperial Pyromancer ♦
    ♦ Paints-Her-Fur ~ Khajiiti Thief ♦
    May your road lead you to warm sands.
  • Dereka67
    Dereka67
    Soul Shriven
    So there is no way to level armor up? is there a downside to wearing lower armor?

Just wondering how it worked
  • Rosavyn
    Rosavyn
    ✭✭
    No you can not take a level 13 piece of armor and turn it directly into a level 50 piece of armor, but there's likely much better sets than what the thieves guild quests gave you out there for level 50+ so don't worry too much about it.

Yes there is a downside to wearing lower armor if you plan to actually take part in any sort of combat! A few levels is ok but wearing a level 13 set at level 50 would get you slaughtered.

Keeping a sweet looking set for RP or epic screenshots is one thing, refusing to update your actual gear because you like how it looks is kind of silly when quests give gear, mobs drop gear, and crafting is extensive. Crafting especially allows you to really mix and match style pieces to find a look you like.

Edit- there's also costumes, you should have gotten one for starting the thieves guild line too. This has been mostly me assuming you like how the armor looks since you've not mentioned its stats or set bonuses.
    Edited by Rosavyn on June 19, 2016 5:01AM
    ♦ Rosavyn ~ Bosmeri Wayfarer ○ Rosen Verloren ~ Imperial Pyromancer ♦
    ♦ Paints-Her-Fur ~ Khajiiti Thief ♦
    May your road lead you to warm sands.