Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Exploration trait

Mandragora
Mandragora
✭✭✭
Why exploration trait was removed from crafting? It was my favourite trait, but also for a quite big group of players, who loved exploring, so why that trait was removed and replaced by gold gain? You can loot containers for looting golds, so I don't care about such crafting trait, and then there is for xp gain for killing, which is good for fighting like characters, but this one was really cool RP trait for scouts :(
Will that be atleast replaced by some scout skill line - like it is for legerdemain now? I was really appreciating, that ESO was supporting roleplayers, so I don't know, what was the reason behind this. It was really usefull for nonfighting characters, but now it feels like forcing players to do spam kills, because this trait was support for players, who wanted to play the game differently with that chosen character and now it is not possible to get that extra exps anymore. But I do hope I'm wrong about this.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I mean by looting containers, that with justice system there are those expensive objects in containers.
    A scout skill line could be similar to indians - ashlanders in Elderscrolls with tracking, hunting, hiding tracks, skinning for trophies, getting less tired from running.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a set of gear, L1 with Exploration on it, or what used to be Exploration, all improved to Purple that I would put on my Alts to wear as I ported to Guildmates and Friends. I even have a mod that will automatically port me to Guild Mates so I can go off and do other things.

With all that, even with the improvement to Purple (I have a lot of Purple Tempers) I think I only gained a Level and a Half on a busy Friday Night with a couple hundred guildies online. So, it was not all that beneficial a trait for that regard, gaining exp from discovering wayshrines and points of interest on the map.

It might be nice to have a Scouting kind of Trait, but you can do all that you mentioned with Champ Passives. I have a dedicated farmer all kitted out with Stamina Gear, cost reduction passives in the Champ Tree, cost reduction traits, quick harvesting etc etc. It makes for a much more effective Scout than any other combo I tried before.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    it is nice, that it is in that champ passives atleast, but my problem is, that I do play alts mostly, so I will not really enjoy that, and if it would be present there only, it wouldn't exist for me in this game.

The reason behind, why I really enjoyed that, was really RP way of getting xps, nothing else, so world trait skill line would do that too. It could be even in mages guild skill passives, because mages do explore too, but scout is more close to that for me.

And if it wasn't really benefical, it wasn't game breaking either, so why not leave it for the players, that wanted that? I think a good compromise would be to leave that is the sets, that drops, esp. that Ashalnder set, which is now really out of RP - red mountain set I bought becouse of exploration xps gain trait, has now gold farming, and that sounds like a joke and anti lore - ashlanders never gathered money?

So please Zenimax, put it back atleast for that level 20 set, please?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way ZOS explained it was that exploration was only useful up until the point where you discovered everything (although, really, with new DLC, there are new places to discover). They felt that prosperous would be a more useful trait long term. The problem is, it only increases gold gain for kills, but I guess if you're killing lots of mobs, you could get a fair bit of gold.