The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire/werewolf upgrade permanent to your account?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm the type that likes to change my mind a lot ... If I purchase the werewolf for 1,500 crowns and decided that it wasn't for me, and so I get myself cured from the disease...later on down the road that I want it back.. do I need to repurchase it from the crown store?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you want to spend crowns in the first place? Just ask someone ingame if they can bite you, most people will do it for free or a small fee.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you want to spend crowns in the first place? Just ask someone ingame if they can bite you, most people will do it for free or a small fee.

I have a problem with begging for a bite. I don't like doing it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, good question . I admit I fall into the "why would you pay crowns for that" camp, but if it were permanently unlocked I might change my mind. I like being a vamp but I cure it a lot for end game content, then have to beg guildies for a bite when I want to switch back. If I could select it at any time like a crown store collectible, I would totally pay 1500 crowns for that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with begging for a bite. I don't like doing it.

You don't have to beg.
    My healer got scratched by a wild werewolf once, so I went to the werewolf shrine to run the quest and check it out, and someone there bit me again! I didn't ask for it, and I wasn't standing near anyone. I called her my twice-bitten werewolf.

After giving out bites to everyone in my guild who wanted one, I cured her and a guildmate gave her vampirism instead.

You pretty much just have to go to the shrine, and people will do it for free. At least in Xbox NA AD, that has been my experience. Most people don't ask for anything in return, although you can certainly offer. 10k gold used to be the going rate for a bite. Or I met a guy once who "sold" werewolf bites in exchange for a cup of tea for his character. :p

No bite will stay permanently with your account once you cure it. So if you changed your mind, then changed it back, you would need to procure another bite.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • fr0stee32
    fr0stee32
    i realize this is 5 days after the fact but if you still need the bite and are on XB NA, I can give you one for free
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Just go to the shrine. You dont have to say a word generally someone will bite you randomly. Thats how I got my vamp and WW bites
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    To answer your question yes.

To follow up with what everyone else's saying go to the shrine someone will give it to you free. Just so you know if you buy the bite you don't get the quest. I'd recommend experiencing the quest first
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you still level the werewolf to max level in the quest zone? That itself was enough reason to get a bite. Unlimited time as WW and you just rotate through killing animals.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Can you still level the werewolf to max level in the quest zone? That itself was enough reason to get a bite. Unlimited time as WW and you just rotate through killing animals.

Honestly, I'm not sure. To be fair, I never used that method. Once you come to grips with the transform, you can knock a character from WW2 to 10 in a single transform.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Yes, you can!
    You get kicked out of the borrowed werewolf form at the end of the quest, so you will need to build up ultimate first. You also get kicked to human form if you level up your werewolf form ultimate. But the timer itself is disabled while you are there.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS