Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with Seducer set

beerpounder
beerpounder
Soul Shriven
Hello i have played off and on since game came out but never was able to craft the seducer set I've always wanted. I've looked up YouTube guides and googled them. I don't know how to get these traits they talk about that i need. Where do i farm these things i need for traits like 10% exp per kill and says i need 2 per piece. Can someone explain to me like I'm brand new to video games please. or link an in depth guide or where to go for these pieces i need for traits then how to learn them and then how to make the seducer pieces exactly. Thank you any help is appreciated.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So there are nine traits that can be put on weapons and armor. To be able to craft traited gear you must first research the trait in question. You research a trait by finding or purchasing a piece of equipment with that trait, taking it to the appropriate crafting station and setting it to research (at the crafting station, the far-right tab is the research tab).

To craft set gear you need to know a certain number of traits depending on the set you want to craft. Seducer takes three traits, that means that for each piece of seducer gear you want to make you must have already researched three traits on that specific piece of gear.

Trait research applies only to the exact piece of gear that you do the research on, so for example you have to research the divines trait on heavy gloves, medium legs, light shoulders, etc. As such it takes quite awhile to research every trait on every piece of gear. Getting to 3 traits goes pretty quickly, but getting up to 6 or 9 traits can take months or years depending on how dedicated you are. Each equipment crafting skill line has passives that make research faster and allow you to research more items and traits at once. Get that passive as soon as you can.

Watch this if you want more info.
    Edited by wayfarerx on June 16, 2016 7:26PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that helps with Trait Research is to only research traits on gear you use, not everything. Then once you get those to 6, then research the other items. This means you have only 7 Armor Pieces and one or two weapons, plus a shield if you use that.

Even then, you can shortcut this even further and pick just 5 armors to learn the traits on, then you can make the Seducer set and get the 5 piece bonus. Of course you won't be able to make the other 3 or 4 pieces in a crafted set, but it can get you going.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• beerpounder
    beerpounder
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys :) going into game now to try and find some armor to buy that has traits for light armor to get my seducer set on its way.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarex, excellent summary!

beerpounder - if you need a set I can help....then you could research it! Just reply with your gamertag and what traits you want. I believe the training trait is from emeralds. Trait ingredients can be obtained by deconstructing armor, refining raw materials, and from crafting hirelings.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys :) going into game now to try and find some armor to buy that has traits for light armor to get my seducer set on its way.

Guild Kiosks are the best place to find Traited Items. On the PC/NA I would never pay more than 100 gold, although there were items listed for a lot more than that. Of course you can put your trust in the RNG Gods and hope they give you mob drops that you need. And, at first, until you have done some traits, it can be a good way to get started.

However, focus on these first, as you will use them more than other traits:

Armor Divines, Infused, Training

Weapons Sharpened, Precise, Training

Those will be the most useful traits out of the gate to use.

• beerpounder
    beerpounder
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome thank you. I play on PS4 though not sure if you do aswell. But i was kinda liking the 10% exp trait or maybe something with spell and crit dmg. If not on ps4 where can i buy these peices of armor? off npc's?
  • beerpounder
    beerpounder
    Soul Shriven
    my psn name is beerpounda
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thank you. I play on PS4 though not sure if you do aswell. But i was kinda liking the 10% exp trait or maybe something with spell and crit dmg. If not on ps4 where can i buy these peices of armor? off npc's?

You can buy containers that have random traited items in them from NPCs, but they are expensive, and you never know what you will get.

Just peruse a Guild Kiosk in a Trading Center, and visit a few stands, you will find the items you need. Might cost a little more than a 100 Gold on that platform, but don't give the player asking for a 1000 gold for a traited item any money. Unless it's Nirn. I would not even go over 500 gold myself.

Also, being on the console, ask around crafting stations for trait items for research, offer 200 gold as a tip for each one.

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Guild Kiosks are the best place to find Traited Items. On the PC/NA I would never pay more than 100 gold, although there were items listed for a lot more than that. Of course you can put your trust in the RNG Gods and hope they give you mob drops that you need. And, at first, until you have done some traits, it can be a good way to get started.

However, focus on these first, as you will use them more than other traits:

Armor Divines, Infused, Training

Weapons Sharpened, Precise, Training

Those will be the most useful traits out of the gate to use.

This is a good starter list, but couple of other traits might also be important depending on what you like to do:
    • If you like to PvP then the impenetrable trait is a must.
    • If you tank at all then the sturdy trait helps reduce the cost of blocking.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

This is a good starter list, but couple of other traits might also be important depending on what you like to do:
    • If you like to PvP then the impenetrable trait is a must.
    • If you tank at all then the sturdy trait helps reduce the cost of blocking.

@wayfarerx

Good call, these can be helpful for those roles.

• agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I'm xbox NA...sorry, I don't think I can mail cross-platform. It shouldn't take too long to research 3 traits, good luck!