Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

CP150 15 Mats then BAM CP160 150 Mats

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
I still can't believe the big jump in mats is still there after this latest patch. I thought all the discussions on the forum would've given ZOS enough reason to make it more realistic. Really sucks for us non-dungeon players who like to create our own stuff. 150 X 7 items (armor only) = 1050 Mats of Rubewhatever. That's a lot of farming. I haven't found on the forums why ZOS made it such a big jump. Just makes no sense.
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just makes no sense.
    I dis-agree. End game gear should be hard to get/make ...
    smile.gif

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    End game gear should be hard to get. Also its improving the quality of the gear that's going to be hardest not getting the mats. To have enough gold improvement items you're probably going to have farmed enough mats anyway or if you can afford to buy them then you can afford paying a bit more for the mats
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't believe the big jump in mats is still there after this latest patch. I thought all the discussions on the forum would've given ZOS enough reason to make it more realistic. Really sucks for us non-dungeon players who like to create our own stuff. 150 X 7 items (armor only) = 1050 Mats of Rubewhatever. That's a lot of farming. I haven't found on the forums why ZOS made it such a big jump. Just makes no sense.

Not sure what dungeon running was to do with it, if you do crafting writs you eventually get enough mats to make your gear (unless it's medium).
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a set of gear this weekend the same as my CP150 gear, only CP160 and gold. What a dissapointment. I gained a whole 540 Magic (I am at 30K so not a big jump really), 1% more Critical Strike, and maybe a total of 40 more Spell Power. It might be more spell power, but not much more. Not really a difference maker in my mind.

So, I am keeping my characters in CP150 Purple/Gold gear for now.

All the above applies to armors.

Weapons on the other hand are worth making CP160. You get a nice 10% increase in Damage. Running a Destro Staff CP160 in Gold with Sharpened is a noticeable improvement. Or any other weapon really. Sharpened, CP160 and Gold Improvement. You may look at the other weapon traits, trying them on a CP150 weapon to see if they do anything for your build and playstyle. Then once you find what you like, make it in CP160
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not from the latest patch, it's ben this way ever since V16 became a thing.
    It's to make it at least somewhat difficult to get top-end gear from crafting, otherwise no one would bother doing the content to get it.

Still farming up the 900 Rubedite Leather I need for my CP160 armor.
    Already made my weapons and upgraded to Purple. Probably won't go to gold. Save those mats for the next level cap bump.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 16, 2016 7:37PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Imperial City...er I mean wait. What DLC are we on?

The good thing for you is that stacks of Rube whatever aren't 20k anymore ;-)
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I made a set of gear this weekend the same as my CP150 gear, only CP160 and gold. What a dissapointment. I gained a whole 540 Magic (I am at 30K so not a big jump really), 1% more Critical Strike, and maybe a total of 40 more Spell Power. It might be more spell power, but not much more. Not really a difference maker in my mind.

So, I am keeping my characters in CP150 Purple/Gold gear for now.

All the above applies to armors.

Weapons on the other hand are worth making CP160. You get a nice 10% increase in Damage. Running a Destro Staff CP160 in Gold with Sharpened is a noticeable improvement. Or any other weapon really. Sharpened, CP160 and Gold Improvement. You may look at the other weapon traits, trying them on a CP150 weapon to see if they do anything for your build and playstyle. Then once you find what you like, make it in CP160

I noticed this too. The only thing that seems to be worth it is how the trait bonuses add up if say your running 6 or 7 divines, gold gives 1% increase per piece from purple for 6-7 extra percent to your mundus stone effect. However other stats like set bonuses seem to be pretty small. For example a 5pc purple level 160 hundings rage when compared to gold, its only like a 10-15 increase in weapon damage. Same for other sets 2-3pc resource/regen bonuses your only getting 30 or so more per piece which makes basically no difference.

Weapons however seem to jump quite a bit from 160 purple to gold quality, around 1-200 base damage increase for two handed melee weapons. Thanks for posting this though, was about to make a new topic questioning if its even worth the mats if your not going to improve to gold. so far the differences between purple 160 and 150 level armor seem to me it isnt worth it if you dont have the gold mats to improve.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should some crafting mats to random dungeons? That might get me to start running some.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lookstwice wrote: »
    Maybe they should some crafting mats to random dungeons? That might get me to start running some.

Random Dungeons is where I get -most- of my mats.
    Between leather drops from mobs and equipment drops for decon, it's way more fun that running around hitting nodes.
    But I see no reason not to throw a node or three in there.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the cost, end game gear should take effort to make. Just wish Golding it gave more than it does. But it's all about the % gains I guess.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Save those mats for the next level cap bump.

Totally agree, I had a nice stockpile (1k all mats) ready for DB to drop. You really have to plan ahead.

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    Save those mats for the next level cap bump.

Totally agree, I had a nice stockpile (1k all mats) ready for DB to drop. You really have to plan ahead.

I probably wouldn't bother hanging on to them if it weren't for the fact that CP160 has been the cap for quite a while now.
    An increase feels imminent, and if I use them now I'll just end up grumpy.
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe the big jump in mats is still there after this latest patch.

This wasn't applied on DB release... it's been like this for quite a while, at least since I joined the game, 4 months ago, likely a lot longer.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to IC districts and farm tel vars. With the bonus multiplier from capturing the district, you can get tel vars fast. Then go and buy the mats you need for 50 tel vars each.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP ruby mats are easy to obtain, you should be complaining about the availability of legendary upgrade mats.
    PC | EU
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I still can't believe the big jump in mats is still there after this latest patch."

Yes, I know this has been awhile. I said I can't believe...is still there, meaning I was hoping the latest patch would've dropped the mats from 150 to let's say 20 or 50.

I have guildmates that do not craft at all, but rely on RNG from dungeons/trials for gear.

I agree the increase in armor to CP160 is minimal so I too have only crafted CP150.

Weapons definitely worth the uptick.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    lookstwice wrote: »

Random Dungeons is where I get -most- of my mats.
    Between leather drops from mobs and equipment drops for decon, it's way more fun that running around hitting nodes.
    But I see no reason not to throw a node or three in there.

Hmmm good point, I guess I never really noticed the drops too busy trying to keep up with everybody. And now with the crafting bags, I just don't even think about it anymore.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    160/vr16 was only ever worth it for the enchants.

It only sux until the next dlc after you get 160. Then you'll never have a resource issue again
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB