Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

crafting stamina armor sets, need some help

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
Hey everyone

So after the DB release I am scaled up to the max lvl having 180 CP (I had 160 CP & was VET lvl 10 before DB, but given the new system I became a character with max lvl, having more then 160 CP)
btw is this right? having 160 CP or above means that you can wear the top end gear, as if I was VET lvl 16 before the DB (i.e. what I mean is that there is not any gear or weapons which require you to be above 160 CP to be able to wear it)

So given the it is right, which is I presume I have decided to craft some gear for my stamina Templar
I have 7 traits for each armor piece on all three types of armor; light,medium & heavy

So the question I wanted to ask is whether which armor type & which armor sets should I craft
It is an important question as crafting requires a significant amount of resource, which I cannot get back I i change my mind & is quit time consuming
Thats why I wanna be absolutely sure on my decision regarding which armor set to craft & only after craft it

The armor set I am looking for is for weapon damage & good sustain
I don't want armor set for one shot kills & quick battles, but survivability due to the high regen

Since I am now scaled up to max lvl I have also decided to go on & try the solo Maelstorm arena, Dragonborn arena & some of the trials + VET dungeons
Now given that the drops will be the top end armor I want to make sure that I won't replace my crafted armor with the new drops (only if smt enormous drops)

What I want to say that when deciding what armor set to craft I want to take into the account the potential drops from the trials, VET dungeons, maelsotrn arena, etc…
I would also be happy for some advices on which PVE armor sets/pieces I should aim for (e.g. especially jewelry sets & weapon)

I would honestly appreciate if someone could give me guidance

thx in advance
  • de_la_Dude
    de_la_Dude
    ✭✭✭
    You're not going to be able to craft a good set now that leaves room for all the end-game drops you plan on getting and using. What you can do, however, is craft the gear you make now with the intent of replacing certain pieces. Example: don't craft a helm of hundings rage if you plan to run a monster set.

My approach was to craft CP150 gear and upgrade to purple. Only doing weapons at CP160 and only upgrading the most crucial pieces to gold until I gather more drops and material for my "optimal" build. I started my stamblade with 5pc Hundings, 3pc Night Mothers (4pc with DW), with Endurance jewelry (much cheaper than agility). I'm currently still running the 5pc set but swapped the Endurance jewelry with Agility pieces and replaced Night Mother with the Kena set. For PvP I use 1pc Kena and 1pc Bloodspawn and plan to do the same for vMSA when I give it serious go this weekend.

I took the same general approach to my magicka builds as well. Choose what you think is the best 5pc for your build and make your armor pieces while leaving the helm and shoulders available for monster sets. Between the helm, jewlery and weapon slots you have a good amount of flexibility to build around the main 5pc crafted set you start with as you acquire more gear and material. I don't intend to waste mats on cp160 armor until I'm confident and comfortable with my loadout. Purple CP150 gear with gold CP160 weapons should be enough to complete any content if you are reasonably skilled in the game.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    If your looking for sustainability and weapon damage I think a combo of Hist Bark and Hundings Rage. I ran this for quit a while and liked it a lot in PvP. I ran 5 heavy and 2 medium all with Impen and I did pretty well with it. I had sword and shield Hist along with 3 pieces of armor and Bow with Hundings along with 4 pieces of armor. This gave me 5 piece set bonus of each, Hist under sword and board and Hundings under Bow. I switched between agility with healthy and endurance with healthy jewelry depending on if I wanted a bit more damage or sustainability. I have since switched to 5 piece hist, 5 piece Marksman, and 3 piece Song of Lamea but too early to tell which I like better. I would suggest what De_La_Dude said and craft yourself CP150 gear first to see if you like it. Good luck hope you find a set that fits your playstyle.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    If your looking for sustainability and weapon damage I think a combo of Hist Bark and Hundings Rage. I ran this for quit a while and liked it a lot in PvP. I ran 5 heavy and 2 medium all with Impen and I did pretty well with it. I had sword and shield Hist along with 3 pieces of armor and Bow with Hundings along with 4 pieces of armor. This gave me 5 piece set bonus of each, Hist under sword and board and Hundings under Bow. I switched between agility with healthy and endurance with healthy jewelry depending on if I wanted a bit more damage or sustainability. I have since switched to 5 piece hist, 5 piece Marksman, and 3 piece Song of Lamea but too early to tell which I like better. I would suggest what De_La_Dude said and craft yourself CP150 gear first to see if you like it. Good luck hope you find a set that fits your playstyle.

thx for the advice, appreciated

The problem I recently found is that I don't have any materials for crafting 150 or 160 CP gear & buying them is too expensive for me

So I thinking of what should I do
    My guess to craft 5 pieces of hunting's & 2 pieces of night's silence at CP 140 & upgrade them to blue, though I will also have to find relevant enchantments which I don't resources for to create by myself

and there are absolutely no crafters responding to me in this forum
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Farm the lower level stuff you can get and if you have 3/3 extraction refine it yourself and sell the mats. If not you can sell a stack of Voidstone ore for 10k to 15k and then buy what you need. If you have a level 50 clothier just farm it in Wrothgar yourself. BTW these are PS4 prices not sure about Xbox and PC. I think PC prices are much lower for stuff than on console.
    Edited by llSRRll on June 17, 2016 10:10PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One other thought if going for sustain your enchants could help. The prismatic rune starts with a h gives stam health and magicka boost on armor glyphs. Can buy them for AP in pvp zones
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wont be able to solo trials+vet dungeons (except vMA ofc) at 180 CP.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

u think 200 CP for example will make a difference?

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelister wrote: »
    Since I am now scaled up to max lvl I have also decided to go on & try the solo Maelstorm arena, Dragonborn arena & some of the trials + VET dungeons
    Chelister wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

u think 200 CP for example will make a difference?

Hi there @Chelister
    Even if you're now max level for gear, some of the content above is meant to be completed with a group - all except the Maelstrom Arena in fact. Some godlike players with 501CP or even less may be able to solo a vet group dungeon or two... but those are the exception and not the rule.

Unfortunately I cannot give you specific gear advice as I play mainly a magicka NB, however on my stamina Templar alt I'm doing nicely with 5 piece Hunding armour, 2 piece Engine Guardian, 3 piece Endurance and whatever weapons happen to drop (currently 2 Sithis swords). Engine Guardian does help with sustain so I like it a lot :) Bear in mind however that I have not done "endgame" content on this character, just some Cadwell Silver and Gold questing.
    Edited by Khenarthi on June 21, 2016 10:40AM
    PC-EU
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your race? I went Bosmer for my stamina templar for the 21% stamina recovery. I run 5 Hundings Rage, 3 Night Mothers, and 3 Robust Endurance Jewelry with Stamina recovery enchants. This gives me ample recovery while still having high critical rating and weapon damage.

2H Bar: Critical Charge, Biting Jabs, Reverse Slice, Power of the Light, Rally, and Flawless Dawnbreaker.
    Bow Bar: Endless Hail, Camouflaged Hunter, Bombard, Repentance, Honor the Dead, and Packleader Werewolf.

Edit: If you don't have any DLC's you're in luck, as treasure chests and dolmens in all the gold zones now have Wrothgar sets available, you can obtain Briarheart armor and jewelry in mostly 150, sometimes 160 CP.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on June 21, 2016 12:02PM