Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where Has All the Dominion and Covenant Motifs Gone?

Phatalix
Phatalix
✭✭
It is impossible to complete these two motif sets. You never see them advertised in chat. The vendors in Deshaan and Rawl have the same repetitive items for sale (for months without change).
I've even tried farming them in Cyrodiil chests. I've heard that you have a 50/50 chance of receiving a motif from a chest. That's BS. Of the 30 chests I've opened all I've received is 3 motifs (all
pact). Can any one tell me how to acquire these motifs? I'm halfway through both motifs sets now and would like to make stylist master, but have no idea how to complete them.
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you open a chest there is a chance to receive a motif from your own faction not the others.

When you look for motifs in stores, limiting you to 2 places reduces your chances to find missing motifs, you need to visit more places.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try other guild store locations. Stormhaven, Glenumbra, Eastmarch, Hollow City, Craglorn -- all have multi-trader locations right next to the wayshrine. Wrothgar has a short run.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to be on a character from the Alliance you want the Motifs from. So, use an AD for Dominion, and a DC for Covenenant.

And, yes, there are at least 20 major trading centers in the game, looking in two of them for something rare is not going to get results.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 50% chance of alliance motif pages from those chests that come from Cyrodiil treasure maps, and you dig them out. Normal chests that you just find in wilderness are different. Treasure maps drop often from Thieve's Troves, but getting a Cyro map takes time.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone