The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

God of Schemes (known Bug)

Anchoris
Anchoris
Soul Shriven
I'm stuck floating at the start of the Molag Bal fight on the EU Server, occurred about 10pm GMT last night, got in from work tonight hoping it would of resolved itself... no luck

Tried every trick, nothing has worked, I remember when this was an issue at release, not had a problem since with quite a few alts.

I've Now had a CS reply to ticket 160614-001409 "We are aware of an issue with the quest "God of Schemes" that causes Molag Bal's hands to freeze, preventing players from completing it."

I know the GM replied and locked a recent thread as someone had necro'd a 2014 post about the same issue - just putting it out there for anyone who may encounter the same bug as myself and the folks quoted in this post.

I just hope a hotfix is posted soon I want to progress to Silver & Gold, I've played since release and to be honest this is my first issue with the game, however cannot GM's just flag accounts as complete, it's not the first time i've whipped Molag Bal.... and i'm sure many others are in the same boat.

Mindvision wrote: »
Same here, upon approaching Molag Bal he picks you up and keeps screaming at you hopelessly you can't use anything, upon reloging i am able to re approach him but as soon as he picks you up he drops you to your death, over and over again, this quest is broken.

I tried the quest over again from the start of entering harbor upon rezoning for 20min and loging out, i picked each of the npc's to sacrifice and it gives me the same result, he will keep me in his hand and upon the reloging approach he will instantly drop you falling to your death.

There is nothing more i can do on my part to make it happen, I have heard that a GM in game would be able to help you but, to my support I didn't get any respond.

Just found another player over in PC technical support, same problem.

"mustang27501_ESO
Soul Shriven

I am trying to complete the main quest and I get up the the last part to fight Molag Bal. As soon as I go up the stairs he grabs and suspends me in mid air and I get stuck there infinitely unless I relog or quit the game. Relogging does not actually help b/c the same thing happens every time so I am stuck in the quest and have NO WAY to leave the zone or area.

Any fix for this???"
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's not possible to leave the mission or area at all? You don't need to kill Molag Bal to get silver and gold anymore. You need to be lvl. 50.

Might not be any help but have you tried a soft reset?

/camp

Stay logged out for about 15 min.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • commanderkoalab14_ESO
    commanderkoalab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this exact same issue. Can't move, tried restarting the quest and it didn't help either. Definitely a horrible way to celebrate hitting 160 champ points and not being able to finish the game.
  • albe65
    albe65
    ✭✭
    Broken again and again and again

Corrected in 2014, broken again in 2016 ... wonderfull game, !!!

Every patch, the only question we have is : what will be broken with this patch ? and every patch we have an answer, something is broken again.

Don"t answer to report the bug .... we are tired to report bugs
  • delphinius81
    delphinius81
    Soul Shriven
    Same boat as the rest of you. Walk up the stairs to say hello, he grabs me and never wants to let me go. Logging out/in doesn't fix it. Doing a soft-reset now so I can at least get out of the quest area to do other things.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news is, you don't have to beat Molag Bal to do Silver and Gold Content. Bad news is, we may have to wait for an update to get this issue fixed.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wild_Monk
    Wild_Monk
    ✭✭
    1 hour ago, too! Damn. All game to sssshhhiiittt!

...The final quest. I hang in the air, because Molag Bal sent me a ray of it with his hand. A few days ago, I read about it. Another player complained about , chatting in my Guild. I did not believe him, I did not listened, I thought it would not happen to me.
    But this is happen. This mess!...

I consulted with friends, to buy or not TES Online. It was winter, 2015. They was told - the game will be a lot of mistakes, you will be stuck in the textures. They said, "do not buy"! I laughed at these words, I thought it was a joke.
      But now I'll tell You all - it's true. A year has passed. I continue to be stuck in the textures of the game. This is nonsense, idiocy. This is the "best game of the year"?
     This continuous disappointment.

Quests? All are made according to the "fetch, give and get out." This is "hack & slash ". Something that has always despised in games!
     PvP? Management in the "Strategy", damn God looking from sky on ants in a battle. Run a bunch of (Guild), and to fight with the other flock (Guild) - as bestial brutes? Molag Bal laughing and making fun of Нou, "heroes"!
      Magic abilities in battle? Primitive. The series of strikes and surges that every time stupidly repeating, accumulating experience for the killings.
     Balance difficulty? Class balance? Lies. Everyone knows that the Thieves Guild and punches in the back - that's what brings victory. Nobility? Forget. Game of Thrones.
     Making armor, crafting? The whole game turns into a search for gold, to buy the legendary material for weapons and equipment. And you're the king!
      A goal of the game? Become the Emperor? King of the Hill? This game is vanity, and it works only with respect to totally undeveloped idiots.
    The only plus - the picture, graphic. All the rest - it is not necessary to spend your time. I come in this game, only because of the beautiful graphics. This is my honest answer. Everything else - tops(beet greens, greens, grass, silage feed) . Throw it to the cows.

If  You think, that I am not speaking a truth - here that photo.
    I have the most typical PC: Intel processor 7, the motherboard chipset Intel 77, Nvidia video GTX 960. All the components of the 2015 generation. The configuration is standart for gaming.
    Edited by Wild_Monk on June 16, 2016 2:10PM
  • Lorion
    Lorion
    ✭✭
    Same for me. He picks me up and thats it. Waited 4 times now for the quest to reset and try again ... its always the same.

2014 plotstopper bug reintroduced...
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same exact issue for me. I opened a help ticket and got the response that they're aware of the issue and that I can keep an eye out for a fix in the future... Thanks for the help I guess.

It's frustrating because I know that progression stopping bugs are one major contributor to players losing interest in a game. It just feels like fixing this should go to the top of someone's priority list.
  • shuggawhite
    shuggawhite
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue for me. I saw mention that you can continue on to the Silver and Gold:
    Nestor wrote: »
    Good news is, you don't have to beat Molag Bal to do Silver and Gold Content. Bad news is, we may have to wait for an update to get this issue fixed.

How do you do that?

Thanks in advance.