The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Friend complexing about shield size

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so I haven't seen threads about the Blessing of Potentates shield size, but it just begs to be said. This shield is ridiculously small.
Screenshot_20160613_024837.png
Screenshot_20160613_024843.png

The set in question is ridiculously op whether you want to be a negate bot or a tanky dk with perma bats, but let's face it, the shield size is just ridiculous. You fail to inspire terror and awe on the battlefield as you rightfully should while wearing it, and this is a problem. How can you show people that you're a true PvP hero when you're blocking with a dinner plate?

This shield brings shame to the Akaviri name, legacy, and reputation. Getting in touch with your inner roleplayer, you want to honor the Drake of Blades and all your comrades, fallen in a blaze of glory against Molag Bal's forces in whichever quest of the Imperial City it was, and yet, instead of bringing a sentiment of despair and hopelessness to the hearts and minds of your enemies on the battlefield, you just look plain adorable, trying to do things and kill people with a baby shield that doesn't befit the PvP beast within you.

There have been threads about female armors not being revealing enough, there have been outcries about light Redguard shirts getting changed... Comrades, do not feel shy about your shield size! Let's protest and change it together!
#biggershields
#makeCyrodiilgreatagain
#savethesorcs

The set in question:
Screenshot_105.png
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Orc would be mistaken for bringing his dinner plate to the battlefield with that shield.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, other shields are just ridiculously big. You wouldn't have any mobility with a giant shield.
    Options
  • Zeg0ta
    Zeg0ta
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    My Orc would be mistaken for bringing his dinner plate to the battlefield with that shield.

Lol. That's almost what I said when i seen this thing. On another note the shield does seem fine guess it would be classified as a buckler shield.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not about the size, it's about what you do with it :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell that to Skaffa xD
    Options
  • AClockworkLime
    AClockworkLime
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, they're just about the right side for most real-world shields used in actual combat. Especially the parma style, like what you showed a picture of.

A handful of people had particularly larger or particularly smaller shields (such as the Spartans as seen in the movie 300, which I'm sure your "friend" <wink wink, nudge nudge> is relating to with his bitching), but by and large, they were about the same size range as what ESO provides.

If, however, you insist on having a very large shield, just craft or convert one to Imperial.
    Options
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    The shield looks ok, irl there have been way smaller shields.
    Options
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    pretty sure the primal style shield is around the same size
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    Okay, so I haven't seen threads about the Blessing of Potentates shield size, but it just begs to be said. This shield is ridiculously small.
    Screenshot_20160613_024837.png
    Screenshot_20160613_024843.png

The set in question is ridiculously op whether you want to be a negate bot or a tanky dk with perma bats, but let's face it, the shield size is just ridiculous. You fail to inspire terror and awe on the battlefield as you rightfully should while wearing it, and this is a problem. How can you show people that you're a true PvP hero when you're blocking with a dinner plate?

This shield brings shame to the Akaviri name, legacy, and reputation. Getting in touch with your inner roleplayer, you want to honor the Drake of Blades and all your comrades, fallen in a blaze of glory against Molag Bal's forces in whichever quest of the Imperial City it was, and yet, instead of bringing a sentiment of despair and hopelessness to the hearts and minds of your enemies on the battlefield, you just look plain adorable, trying to do things and kill people with a baby shield that doesn't befit the PvP beast within you.

There have been threads about female armors not being revealing enough, there have been outcries about light Redguard shirts getting changed... Comrades, do not feel shy about your shield size! Let's protest and change it together!
    #biggershields
    #makeCyrodiilgreatagain
    #savethesorcs

The set in question:
    Screenshot_105.png

This is about the size of a scotish targe and ok.
    Options
  • Clerics1985
    Clerics1985
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with it, we need moar Braum Shields in game for the Truest of the tanky critters.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell skaffa to l2p without ulti!
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Hafgar_W
    Hafgar_W
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, they're just about the right side for most real-world shields used in actual combat. Especially the parma style, like what you showed a picture of.

A handful of people had particularly larger or particularly smaller shields (such as the Spartans as seen in the movie 300, which I'm sure your "friend" <wink wink, nudge nudge> is relating to with his bitching), but by and large, they were about the same size range as what ESO provides.

If, however, you insist on having a very large shield, just craft or convert one to Imperial.

I'm pretty sure orc and breton shields are bigger than imperial.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    @Hafjoldr - Oathsworn of Vokundein
    Ignorance is a curse.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone fancy a game of frisbee?
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a person that have joined quite a lot of viking re-enactments, I'd say that the shield is fairly standard sized.. You'd be hard pressed to use anything larger for a lenghty period of time :smile: Ofc there has been larger shields throughout history, but that one there is standard :smile:
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a shield so large it requires wheels, then I can truly be a tank.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

Yeah, just before someone just runs around you ;)
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, just before someone just runs around you ;)

Two wheels at the bottom, I will whip that puppy around faster than Paul Blart on a Segway!
    Edited by BigBragg on June 13, 2016 1:53PM
    Options
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    Still not as bad as the "buckler" in Ultima Online. I slayed many a zombie with this shield!

124.png
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person that have joined quite a lot of viking re-enactments, I'd say that the shield is fairly standard sized.. You'd be hard pressed to use anything larger for a lenghty period of time :smile: Ofc there has been larger shields throughout history, but that one there is standard :smile:

This.
    Weapons, armors and shields in games are often ridiculously oversized.

Like this? :p
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well, that's closer to a buckler at least :smile: A buckler is usually slightly smaller than the chest width of an average male, from what I know :smile:
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's TINY.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    That's TINY.

Yeah, but it has a different use than a standard shield :)
    Options
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good shield, me likee
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone likes different types. For example i use khajiit shields coz they looks even smaller and i wanna my shields to be as much unnoticable as possible.
    Khajiit-Ruby-Ash-Shield-Thumb-145x145.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on June 13, 2016 2:05PM
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, some like small shields, some like big, but this is the thing... why isn't it an option? ;)

I'd love to see unrealistically huge shields as well lol

Imagine walking around as a little Bosmer guy with a outhouse door as a shield!

8e4731a3decbf292003880f02ab68ecb.jpg
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    Fair enough, some like small shields, some like big, but this is the thing... why isn't it an option? ;)

I'd love to see unrealistically huge shields as well lol

Imagine walking around as a little Bosmer guy with a outhouse door as a shield!

Pretty sure you said so yourself, why it's not a thing ;)

Edited by Daemons_Bane on June 13, 2016 2:12PM
    Options