The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game crash when changing character

Delpi
Delpi
✭✭✭✭✭
Before the last patch it's happened rarely. Now, it happens every time I try to use another character. It's annoying to open again the game just to play with other character :neutral:
"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got that a lot after Thieve's Guild. Stopped happening with Dark Brotherhood.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Delpi, please try playing without any addons, then re-enable them one by one. Use the most current versions if available. Could be that you might find a culprit that's causing the issue you're seeing.

• Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delpi, please try playing without any addons, then re-enable them one by one. Use the most current versions if available. Could be that you might find a culprit that's causing the issue you're seeing.

I only use master merchant and it's update :/
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    +1 I'm having the same issues and have tested with no addons as well. It's in consistant dosn't ahppen all the time but 3 out fo 5 for sure.

• LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    After having a very stable client from TG (no crashes for weeks), I'm now into multiple crashes in each session (had 6 crashes in the past 2 hours) and it seems to be on the load of a character after switching.

The initial character loaded is fine, it's following a switch and feels significantly worse following the latest incremental (was this when some improvements for the 64bit client were added??).

Should have added; The crash has been a little different. Once it left a white screen that required a force quit of the client (no crash reporter launched), a second time CR launched but was unusable and so had to force quit the client and the CR; a third time the CR launched but was unable to capture any information about the crash so was blank, but at least I could add some activity text before submitting.
    Edited by LaucianNailor on June 17, 2016 10:43AM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • furface1
    furface1
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. The game crashes every time I try to load one of my characters. Don't have a problem loading other characters (have not checked all my characters}. Did not have this problem before today. Repairing the game does not fix the problem.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening to me on PTS I'm afraid :(