Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Points after Lvl 50?

heavy_artillery
heavy_artillery
✭✭✭
I feel like I'm missing a big explanation that was given somewhere, and usually I don't even worry about it on my max lvl characater EXCEPT that I'm trying to level a new Profession and need Skill Points! ;) SO, my question is this:

Are Skyshards the only way to earn Skill Points after level 50. I'm currently CP249 if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
@Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can do the main questlines for the other alliances, you get skill points for completing those.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many quests give skillpoints. You also get a skillpoint for each Alliance Rank you earn in PvP. The story quest associated with each 4-man dungeon also gives a skill point. The "Group Challenge" in each big public dungeon gives a skill point. Just do the main storyline quests in Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood and you should get a bunch of skillpoints. You can also do the zone storyline quests in Cadwell Silver and Gold. Each zone (Glenumbra, Grahtwood, Shadowfen, etc., etc.) has 3 skill points available from quests. Many of these quests have prerequisite quests, though. So you may end up doing 10 quests as part of unlocking the 3 quests that give a skill point.

There may be a few other sources of skill points I am overlooking.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Places to acquire skillpoints aside from 1-50 leveling:

- Skyshards in Cadwell's Silver/ Cadwell's Gold/ Cyrodiil/ Wrothgar/ Hew's Bane/ Gold Coast
    - Zone/ guild main story quests
    - 4-man instanced dungeon quests (Normal mode and Veteran mode have different quests)
    - Group challenge in public dungeons
    - Gaining ranks in the Alliance War
    Edited by nudel on June 7, 2016 4:38PM