The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cooldown for Dungeon Finder needs attention

Balestar
Balestar
Soul Shriven
I have multiple times queued for a dungeon through dungeon finder, only to join and either get removed right away for whatever reason or the group disbands before I even finish loading.

I then have to wait 13 and a half minutes before I can queue again. In this situation I believe that is not right. It should be changed so that you don't get a cooldown until first boss is defeated or something along those lines.

Just my two cents.
Edited by Balestar on June 6, 2016 10:27PM
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or have it recognize when you left the group (get a cooldown) versus being kicked from the group (no cooldown if you haven't fought anything in the dungeon)?
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the cooldown feels like poorly conceived addition. There really isn't an uncomplicated way to ensure it punishes the intended people (those who quit because they see a lvl 20 in their group OR those who rage at the group and are voted off the island) without also punishing those who were unlucky (someone who gets disconnected and comes back to find they were kicked OR someone who ends up in one of these 5-player groups and gracefully bows out).
  • Balestar
    Balestar
    Soul Shriven
    nudel wrote: »
    Honestly the cooldown feels like poorly conceived addition. There really isn't an uncomplicated way to ensure it punishes the intended people (those who quit because they see a lvl 20 in their group OR those who rage at the group and are voted off the island) without also punishing those who were unlucky (someone who gets disconnected and comes back to find they were kicked OR someone who ends up in one of these 5-player groups and gracefully bows out).

Honestly I could care less if someone quits right at the beginning, I am on PC and in my experience it doesn't take too long to fill the spot regardless of the role. (when the grouping tool isn't straight up broken anyway) Maybe they have a good reason. All I am saying is if you spend less than 30 seconds in a dungeon, and then have to wait 14 mins (rounded up) just seems like a time sink imho. For me, each time it happens, I am perfectly willing to sit out the entire dungeon if I see that there is the slightest potential we can beat it, even if we wipe 20 times. I've done that. Hell I remember spending 5 hours on the last boss in vet banished cells a year or two ago. It was frustrating as hell, but victory was sweet.

In a nutshell what I'm saying is if punishing people in this circumstance punishes the people who are legitimately trying to play the game without rage quitting or anything drastic, the punishment should be done away with or fixed to fit the offense. Hell I don't even see a point in punishing rage quitters, they punish themselves enough already.
    Edited by Balestar on June 7, 2016 9:09PM
    Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A player getting kicked should not get penalized but I can see how asking to be kicked or agreeing to disband could be used as a get out if they do not have penalties applied.

I suggested in the Development thread on this that if a 15 minute 'penalty' wait period is to stay, it should start from the moment you travel to the dungeon and if you are in there for longer than 15 minutes trying to get through it, then you have served your penalty. It also seems unfair that if you spend an hour (or more) on a boss and agree to call it quits, that you then get to wait another 15 minutes to re-queue.

Getting penalized after giving it a go is just wrong, you might as well pull out of a hard dungeon before you start and skip the pain if you are in the least bit wary about what the group is capable of. I would think that all players should be encouraged to at least try everything rather than not try, thinking they will be penalized unless they succeed.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    joined a group, disband instantly, everyone got a 15 minutes cooldown.
    joined a large group, one or more people had to quit and wait 15 minutes.
    joined a group, dc while teleporting, kicked,15 minutes cooldown.
    joined a group, people quit one by one, 15 minutes cooldown.
    queued as a healer, joined a group, they said they were looking for a dd, kicked before I changed my skills, 15 minutes cooldown.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    The tool is punishing the wrong players.

The cool down was meant to discourage griefing and players bailing after they killed a particular boss for farming. But how often does that happen and if the tool was working properly and without misplaced punishment, it would be relatively quick to replace the griefer once they left.

As it stands now it is more likely to keep people from using the tool which is more of a problem than griefing.

I can't use the tool because it refuses to put me in a group. So far I have used it 3 times by being in a partial group and someone else started the search. In each of those runs, player's had to drop for one reason or another, I would guess they got punished with a cool down.

Some are nice enough to realize they aren't helping and bow out, why should they be punished? Some were voted out because the others decided they weren't good enough at their role, why should they be punished? I went along with the vote because I did not want to be next.

So many times (before DB) I have been placed in a group where the group finder screwed up the group by placing 5, 6, even 7 players, players HAD to leave, why should they be punished?

And in the end, if someone really wants to wreak havoc on a group, do you think they care that they get a cool down? They probably planned to go do something else afterwards anyway. And unscrupulous farmers probably still think it is worth it rather than face the final boss with a less than stellar group.

So IMHO the cool down is doing far more of a disservice to grouping than it is helping.