The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Believing Crafting Bags shouldn't be behind a sub wall is clearly the most outrageous belief ever.

Articulemort
Articulemort
✭✭✭
I'm sure there are plenty of post about this, but I couldn't find one. After recently reading a thread about bank expansions, I witness a bunch of ESO+ subbers throw a hissy fit over the impact on inventory and honestly it made me angry. Why are crafting bags stuck behind a sub wall? I pre-ordered the Imperial edition for Xbox one for let's just say $80, not quite sure if it was more of not. I've purchased $30 worth of crowns for all of the dlcs plus I've purchased $30 worth of more crowns twice to buy mounts and pets and stuff. Do the math that's, 80+(3x30)+60=$230. Mind you DB hasn't dropped and I plan on dropping another $40 when it does. Thats $270 spent on ESO, plus I pay another $10 a month for Xbox live so I can actually play ESO. That's plenty of money to warrant a stupid unlimited crafting bag.
So now, just to have access to a unlimited bag, I need to pay another $15 a month! No, no, no, no, no.
Y'all whine about how ESO+ needs a good perk, and that this is it. You get your 1500 crowns a month plus access to the dlcs, plus 10% gains at pretty much everything. If you didn't previously think this was worth your money why did you sub? Your just giving into corporate greed.
Yeah, I've probably spent a little more on this game then most players, but the average gamer I bet has close to $200 dropped on ESO. That would cover base game and all dlcs. That's alot of money for one studio to make per gamer.
Plenty of MMOs are f2p, and don't even have a sub option. Instead they fill their cash stores with tons of cosmetics and other things that gamers actually want to buy at a relatively cheap cost. ESO fills theirs with re-skinned mounts and wants $40 a piece for them. Nothing new or fresh, just a bunch of re-skins.
I honestly would be fine with adding it to the crown store, but I know if they did it would cost 5000 crowns, at least. Frankly it should be free, especially since players like myself who have played since launch, though all the crap, (disconnects, lag, unusable guild banks to name a few off the top of my head).

Go ahead, rage towards me, be angry throw another hissy fit, but it's true. Many players have spent enough money on this game, we shouldn't be required to spend more on content like a bag.
Edited by Articulemort on June 9, 2016 9:28PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you your maths right:
    ESO-plus costs 11 Euro a month if you take the 6 months thing.
    in addittion you get access to all dlcs and an 1500 crowns per month, so 9000 crowns.
    and the crafting bags now as well, plus more exp, faster more AP and CP

so it is always an advantage to make your decision to have a ESO-plus membership.
    and I pay me membership always with paysafe, so I choose every time to take it any longer.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still?
    They are subscription incentives.Not just another item for everyone.
    I'm sure there are plenty of post about this, but I couldn't find one. After recently reading a thread about bank expansions, I witness a bunch of ESO+ subbers throw a hissy fit over the impact on inventory and honestly it made me angry. Why are crafting bags stuck behind a sub wall? I pre-ordered the Imperial edition for Xbox one for let's just say $80, not quite sure if it was more of not. I've purchased $30 worth of crowns for all of the dlcs plus I've purchased $30 worth of more crowns twice to buy mounts and pets and stuff. Do the math that's, 80+(3x30)+60=$230. Mind you DB hasn't dropped and I plan on dropping another $40 when it does. Thats $270 spent on ESO, plus I pay another $10 a month for Xbox live so I can actually play ESO. That's plenty of money to warrant a stupid unlimited crafting bag.
    So now, just to have access to a unlimited bag, I need to pay another $15 a month! No, no, no, no, no.
    Y'all whine about how ESO+ needs a good perk, and that this is it. You get your 1500 crowns a month plus access to the dlcs, plus 10% gains at pretty much everything. If you didn't previously think this was worth your money why did you sub? Your just giving into corporate greed.
    Yeah, I've probably spent a little more on this game then most players, but the average gamer I bet has close to $200 dropped on ESO. That would cover base game and all dlcs. That's alot of money for one studio to make per gamer.
    Plenty of MMOs are f2p, and don't even have a sub option. Instead they fill their cash stores with tons of cosmetics and other things that gamers actually want to buy at a relatively cheap cost. ESO fills theirs with re-skinned mounts and wants $40 a piece for them. Nothing new or fresh, just a bunch of re-skins.
    I honestly would be fine with adding it to the crown store, but I know if they did it would cost 5000 crowns, at least. Frankly it should be free, especially since players like myself who have played since launch, though all the crap, (disconnects, lag, unusable guild banks to name a few off the top of my head).

Go ahead, rage towards me, be angry throw another hissy fit, but it's true. Many players have spent enough money on this game, we shouldn't be required to spend more on content like a bag.

Because you dont sub every month.ZOS appreciates that.
    Edited by Volkodav on June 3, 2016 11:07AM
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . That's plenty of money to warrant a stupid unlimited crafting bag.

If its so "stupid" why do you want one ? :/

Options
  • j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO
    The crafting bag is the first item that is truly worth your subs every month.
    Options
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes they should
    its one of the only perks to being a sub
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years no bag and everyone was fine. Everyone made it work. It's convenient. If you want it so bad just sub. Qlso I know this may sound crazy but if you want the bag so bad buy a six month sub and then cancel it. You basically just bought crowns and got a sub for free.

P.S. if you bought crowns to buy a mount that doesn't Warrenton you a "stupid" bag seeing as you got what you payed for.... a mount.
    P.S.S. you bought the base game imperial edition cool man, you got what you payed for and ZOS doeant owe you a single thing other then what on that disk or what was in the initial download.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP if you couldn't find any other posts about this topic, then you didn't look very hard. The dead horses are stacked up a mile high along with their beatings :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on June 3, 2016 1:53PM
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why shouldn't they be behind a pay wall? ZOS has to make money some how, they have to put SOMETHING behind a pay wall, they needed something to incentivize subbing. Why not this?

You can play the game fine without the crafting bag, I mean, we were all doing it before it was released, so it is not an issue of a pay to win situation, so what's the problem?

Are people going to start complaining about having to pay for content like DLCs next? I mean I got the imperial addition, I pre-ordered, I bought crowns, why should I have to pay for my DLCs too??
    See? That's just silly.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    OP if you couldn't find any other posts about this topic, then you didn't look very hard. The dead horses are stacked up a mile high from the beatings :)

Right? annnnnd OP you're better off finding that post because it was a rager, good entertainment fo sho.

Anyways, I don't agree with OP sentiments in the slightest, but I 'll be a good sport and just leave this here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267425/does-nobody-else-see-how-wrong-this-is-craft-bags/p1

Btw this was the 1st post to come up when searching "crafting bags". So yea

p.s. paragraph spacing is your friend, and a savior to vision everywhere.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 3, 2016 1:56PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your $230 is paltry compared to what most subscribers have paid to Zeni over the life of the game. We are also reliable, projectable revenue. That is far more valuable to a company than a customer that might drop a few bucks every now and then. That's why companies have loyalty rewards.

My money and loyalty gets me free airline miles, free hotel stays, grocery discounts, and now crafting bags. I see no problem here.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    After not being angry, here's is what I was trying to say.
    Why a pay wall?
    Why must I sub for a certain perk?
    Why can't they simply make it available to players who own all dlcs. How am I not as loyal as a sub? I've purchased the base game at full cost plus all the dlcs the day they drop. In the past year eso has been out, I've spent or will not spent more on this game then a sub (one year sub plus base game is $240, I'm up to $270) and yes, that is my fault but I refuse to sub for a game, especially a game known for its issues and especially since I know of players who have had issues with their sub with not having access to dlcs or not receiving their crowns.

Ahhhhhh alas, this is never be understood by the master race and their elitist feeling towards ESO+.
    Options
  • Killa4hire89
    Killa4hire89
    ✭✭
    Why a pay wall?
    Why can't they simply make it available to players who own all dlcs. How am I not as loyal as a sub? I've purchased the base game at full cost plus all the dlcs the day they drop. In the past year eso has been out, I've spent or will not spent more on this game then a sub (one year sub plus base game is $240, I'm up to $270) and yes, that is my fault but I refuse to sub for a game, especially a game known for its issues and especially since I know of players who have had issues with their sub with not having access to dlcs or not receiving their crowns.

Ahhhhhh alas, this is never be understood by the master race and their elitist feeling towards ESO+.

[snip] I have subbed since pc. I have bought copies for ALL 3 platforms. Its a perk for subscribers which they desperately need. I wish this game would have stayed subscription based Instead of pandering to the console crowd and hurting the game in the long run. Why do you think games like FFXIV have weekly maintenance? Because they have reliable monthly income and aren't ruled by the whims of little kids who need their parents to buy them a new mount.

Stop feeling entitled OP. No-one owes you anything.

[edited for insult]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 10, 2016 1:55PM
    Options
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Either you did not look hard enough or you saw you could not post in the previous repetitive threads regarding this subject because some of them have been closed due to the dead horse beating. Yes, you did spend a lot of money but you were basically gambling on your investment being a better return for you.
    Subscribers have spent plenty too, I imagine some even purchase crown store items and dlcs also. Stop complaining about the elitism of subscribers or about space issues that existed before this bag, mostly due to hoarding. Keep what you need.
    Options
  • Mercymae
    Mercymae
    ✭✭
    plus I pay another $10 a month for Xbox live so I can actually play ESO.

Your sub to Xbox live has no bearing on this, You chose a platform that requires you to pay an additional monthly fee. Zeni does not see a dime from that. I'm all for playing on your preferred platform, your choice was one with a monthly fee.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the imperial edition, all the dlc with crowns like you, but I've been subbed since launch so have apent an extra $405 on eso than you have, and I continue to sub so I essentially promise to give zos $15 every month.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is shocking to me that people are complaining about this. Subs are reliable income for ZoS. Random CS splurges when there's a crown sale aren't. Why shouldn't ZoS offer valuable incentives for their playerbase? What reason, aside from 'I want it', can you actually offer for ZoS to put a one time price tag on something as useful as the crafting bags? And why on earth would they give it to us for free? It's a pure convenience item, after all.

Personally, I want this game to be successful, to have the backing of the studio and the money to keep making great content. Call me crazy, I guess.

Seriously, though, when did gamers get so entitled? Am I just getting old or what?
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP if you couldn't find any other posts about this topic, then you didn't look very hard. The dead horses are stacked up a mile high along with their beatings :)

And they smell bad now.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why a pay wall?

Sooo,..basically you're saying that you dont want to support the game,but you want them to make something they gave to those who DO support it available to you.
    Hows that not elitist feelings?
    (since you say we Plus members have elitist feelings)
    Options
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I won't sub...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270302/eso-plus-issues-please-help-its-getting-old#latest

And I'll be glad to continue posting these if need be...
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

And they smell bad now.

I was about to make a dead horse post, but someone beat me to it.

Regardless, crafting bags aren't an incentive enough for me to start subbing again. If they fix the issues that are wrong and try and bring back trust with certain things? Maybe. Maaaaaybe. But that's a different topic, and I'm not going to go any further into that part since that's my choice.

However, for a lot of people, this IS an incentive to sub. ZoS has to pay their lights somehow. Now sure there's mounts, DLCs, costumes, and everything else in there, but they have to generate stable income somehow. That stuff alone doesn't. That 40 dollar mount that was limited? I'd take a guess and say that a lot of people who got that were actually people who were subscribers and held back their crowns for something like that. If you take away their only incentive (crowns aren't enough, experience boosts aren't enough, and gold gains aren't enough), then why sub in the first place?

And furthermore, no one is saying you're not as loyal of a player. Subscriptions earn certain benefits. That's how every subscription model has always been. You pay a monthly fee and you get shiny, nice things. What if they stop shucking out DLCs after this last one (doubt it, but hypothetically)? You're no longer paying into the game, so where's the incentive to invest? Either sub, or don't. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Sooo,..basically you're saying that you dont want to support the game,but you want them to make something they gave to those who DO support it available to you.
    Hows that not elitist feelings?
    (since you say we Plus members have elitist feelings)

He just said that he bought the game (obviously, since he's playing it) and bought all the DLC's. I'm not sure how that counts as not supporting it. Where does this oddball idea that people who agree to be charged automatically every month are supporting the game, while those who spend just as much or more aren't, just because they didn't sign up to be billed on a cycle? That makes absolutely no sense.

Now, as plenty of others have said, since they have a subscription option, there obviously does need to be some sort of benefit to it, but the reason the crafting bag isn't a good one is that it isn't just some nice new feature, it's effectively an overhaul and vast improvement upon a feature that people have been complaining about since before release, and which is central to the game. Basically, they fixed a design flaw in an essential mechanic, and then said that to get the fix, you not only have to pay them, but you have to keep paying them every month or they'll re-break it. I think that's why people are upset about this, and it's a very valid complaint.

Yes, a subscription needs a good incentive if it's going to exist (although personally, being a subscriber myself, I was fine with the existing benefits), but having a central game mechanic - especially one that people have had issues with for a long time - simply work better if you continually pay them money shouldn't be one of them.

All of that said, I don't see it being changed. I just find it very ugly that people are telling those who prefer to choose when and how to spend their money rather than being billed automatically that they "aren't supporting the game" or "want something for free" no matter how much money they've actually spent. The crafting bag shouldn't be just for subscribers, and it shouldn't be in the cash shop. It should have simply been an improvement introduced to everyone in a regular patch.
    Options
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    @Lunarhound I was honestly starting to lose faith in humanity then you appear. Bravo!
    Options
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, if it HAD just been an improvement introduced in a regular patch, I doubt it would have even occurred to most people that it should have been some sort of exclusive benefit. Everyone would just be celebrating that storing materials was finally a little less of a pain in the rear, and maybe grumbling a bit about some of the mechanical problems caused by it.
    Edited by Lunarhound on June 7, 2016 2:40AM
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered the Imperial edition for Xbox one for let's just say $80, not quite sure if it was more of not. I've purchased $30 worth of crowns for all of the dlcs plus I've purchased $30 worth of more crowns twice to buy mounts and pets and stuff. Do the math that's, 80+(3x30)+60=$230. Mind you DB hasn't dropped and I plan on dropping another $40 when it does. Thats $270 spent on ESO, plus I pay another $10 a month for Xbox live so I can actually play ESO. That's plenty of money to warrant a stupid unlimited crafting bag.

Well.... I and my husband
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, then. Give me an example of a sub perk that would be meaningful enough to encourage people to sub and at the same time wouldnt make some people go 'this should be included in base game!' or 'this should be available in the crown store!'.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    OK, then. Give me an example of a sub perk that would be meaningful enough to encourage people to sub and at the same time wouldnt make some people go 'this should be included in base game!' or 'this should be available in the crown store!'.

How about access to dlcs? Isn't that enough right there?
    If how about 1500 crowns a month? Or 10% increase in just about everything?
    Y'all subbed before you ever even heard about crafting bags, clearly you thought it was worth it back then.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2SUB
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Didn't read comments. )
    It's not a paywall, it's a sub perk.
    You don't NEED the new craft bags to achieve anything in this game.
    If you really want the craft bags, you know how they are acquired.
    Eso plus actually gives enough perks that it is worth the money currently, imo.
    As opposed to previously, which might have been construed as ... more faith based.
    It's not outlandish that players supporting a mmo regularly get extra perks vs. players who do not.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, you could walk away and never put another dime into the game. And with all the DLC's purchased, you could still play them two years later (still without paying another dime.) Subscribers are what keeps this game guaranteed running every month; we pay way, way more for limited access (we lose our DLC access if we stop paying.) Plus unlimited crafting bags take server space memory.

Sorry, but you may have put money into the game, but you could stop doing that and still have access to all your stuff.

We subscribers don't have that luxury, so they gave us a worthwhile perk.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
    Options
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    I like how all you subbers think you keep the lights on at ZoS. I hope you realize they made something like $315 million just off base games purchases...
    Options