Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Needing some advice

dposdb14_ESO
dposdb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I am just about to hit level 50 and have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some insight on.
I play a Altmer Templar with healing as my main focus, magicka dps for misc. stuff. Pve focus, no interest in pvp. I'm on the ps4 with no dlc's right now. I'll list my questions, and any help is greatly appreciated.

1) I know I'll be needing to start upgrading gear but when should I make it a focus (50, vr1, vr2, ect.)?

2) When upgrading gear, should I be looking to get sets made or just run dungeons hoping for drops?

3) As a healer, are there any "must have" sets/items?

4) How should I allocate my attribute points, or what numbers are ideal to aim for? I have put 10 into health and have been dumping the rest into magicka.

5) When I'm healing I use the 2 bar set up listed below, does it look ok, any other recommendations?
Bar 1- Resto Staff
Repentance
Inner Light
Extended Ritual
Rapid Regeneration
Breath of Life
Remembrance
Bar 2- Destro Staff
Purifying Light
Channeled Focus
Blazing Spear
Elemental Susceptiblity
Solar Prison

6) Will I be able to max all crafting, or enough to make my own gear on this character without handicapping him elsewhere?

That's all I can think of for now. Any answers are greatly appreciated and feel free to add any additional information that you might think is good to know.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped sets are nice, but it takes so long to complete a set, unless you can buy parts in the Guild Stores. So, use Crafted Sets until you can acquire a dropped set. Julianos/Torugs is nice for a Casting Templar if your needing reccomendation. Magnus and or Seducer could be used for the off set with Julianos too.

Until end game when have more SPs than you know what to do with, Crafting and being Deadly are going to result in Compromises somewhere. It was only my character that had completed most of the PvE content that could hope to be deadly crafter. But, you can do some crafting and be deadly until then.

Currently, most if not all Attributes should be in the pool that scales your skills. It may help to put some in Health, but you may be better with all Magic (or Stamina if that is the route you go)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    @dposdb14_ESO
    Hello everyone,

I am just about to hit level 50 and have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some insight on.
    I play a Altmer Templar with healing as my main focus, magicka dps for misc. stuff. Pve focus, no interest in pvp. I'm on the ps4 with no dlc's right now. I'll list my questions, and any help is greatly appreciated.

1) I know I'll be needing to start upgrading gear but when should I make it a focus (50, vr1, vr2, ect.)?

Congrats on making it! Typically the levels at which a few others including me started making gear for Vet Ranks was at: VR1, VR5, VR9, etc. There is no strict guideline as to when you should.

Now that it is CP-based (CP 10, CP50, etc) I suspect you will be outleveling your gear faster than when it was VR.
    2) When upgrading gear, should I be looking to get sets made or just run dungeons hoping for drops?

Honestly you should probably make crafted sets first. I recommend making 5x of 1 set on every armor piece except your head and shoulder as later on you will get monster sets. It's good habit.

Monster shoulders that drop from Undaunted Chests and helms (Valkyn Skoria, Mephala, Bloodspawn, etc) that drop in veteran dumgeons always scale to your current character level. CP 160 being the gear cap would be when you actually want to start running specific dungeons for specific sets.
    3) As a healer, are there any "must have" sets/items?

If you're talking about early/mid game progression then there is a plethora of sets both crafted and droppable available to you as a healer. Warlock, Seducers, Eyes of Mara, Magnus, Soulshine, etc.

Personally I ran 5x Magnus on my dual wield bar and 5x Eyes of Mara on my Restoration staff bar as a healer at the "same time" (determining which sets go on which pieces can help..4x Mara on armor pieces, 1x resto Mara, 3x Magnus on armor pieces with 2x Magnus swords).

If you are talking about endgame content that is entirely up to you as it depends on the setting. If you're doing Trials or harder group content you can consider the Lich set, Worm Cult set, Transmutation, Spell Power Cure (IC DLC though) and so on. I suggest that you have at least 2k magicka recovery as a healer. Furthermore, spell crits and spell damage can also help you heal. Some healers go DPS sets in part like Julianos for the crit.
    4) How should I allocate my attribute points, or what numbers are ideal to aim for? I have put 10 into health and have been dumping the rest into magicka.

All into magicka. Health is not much of an issue later on especially if you use Orzorga's Red Frothgar (max health+magicka recovery, this recipe is from Orsinium DLC but you will probably be able to buy the recipe/get it from friends or others).
    5) When I'm healing I use the 2 bar set up listed below, does it look ok, any other recommendations?
    Bar 1- Resto Staff
    Repentance
    Inner Light
    Extended Ritual
    Rapid Regeneration
    Breath of Life
    Remembrance
    Bar 2- Destro Staff
    Purifying Light
    Channeled Focus
    Blazing Spear
    Elemental Susceptiblity
    Solar Prison

That's a fine set up. Your bars/weapons can vary depending on group. Only thing I would reconsider is maybe Extended Ritual personally and rapid regeneration along with Elemental Suspectibility.

I prefer Mutagen instead of Rapid Regen. And I would want Elemental Drain over Suspectibility to help out magicka DPS sustain.
    6) Will I be able to max all crafting, or enough to make my own gear on this character without handicapping him elsewhere?

On my main I have at least 300 something skill points which excludes DLC skyshards from IC, Orsinium, Thieves Guild and Abah's Landing. After passives in armor, class skills, crafts and so on, I still have around 40 something points to spend. You should be fine as long as you get only what you need.

If you need extra points one PvP rank gives one. Public Dungeon group events give one each. And so on.

Last piece of advice: Have fun :)

Edited by Nefas on June 3, 2016 2:36PM
  • dposdb14_ESO
    dposdb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies. Thought of a couple more questions since actually making it to VR1.

Is there a limit on how many champion points you can spend on a single skill, like if I wanted to could I put all 167 into arcanist?

I received my first undaunted daily for a veteran dungeon, darkshade caverns, should I be attempting these at VR1 or no? Is there some sort of tier ranking for these dungeons that I should be aware of?

Thanks again.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    @dposdb14_ESO
    Is there a limit on how many champion points you can spend on a single skill, like if I wanted to could I put all 167 into arcanist?

100 is the limit of how many CP you can put into one perk. The ones you can't put points into are unlocked passives that come about if you spend a certain amount of CP in that tree.
    I received my first undaunted daily for a veteran dungeon, darkshade caverns, should I be attempting these at VR1 or no? Is there some sort of tier ranking for these dungeons that I should be aware of?

Thanks again.

Definitely should run dungeons. It may be tough with random groups and as a healer you should definitely get to know the dungeons. You will learn how to adapt to certain bosses/situations as well for harder content in the future. It may be frustrating but it's definitely a good learning experience and as healers/tanks are uncommon compared to DPS, you'll probably have an easier time finding a group.

There is no "tier ranking" for dungeons. Anyone can do normal dungeons. Anyone can do vet dungeons once they hit CP10/VR1. Remember that if you don't use Group Finder and make a party with friends, the dungeon's level will scale to the PARTY LEADER.