The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class passives for ultimate cost reduction possibly broken

daemonios
daemonios
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Doing vMoL 2nd boss, 2 adds stacked on the boss and I reach for my ultimate... no effect. I spam R... Nada. Switch bars, block, roll dodge, spam R some more and it finally goes off, but the adds were dead by then.

This is happening every time, and it seems to be specific to Shooting Start because I have no problem going into overload mode on the other bar. As it is, this issue is game breaking. I HOPE this isn't a ZOS 'fix' for the ultimate spam hack.

[Edit] Confirmed that this is an issue with the stated vs actual ultimate cost. Skills menu and tooltip state 170 ultimate cost, actual cost is 200. Also people have reported the same issue with other classes.
  • Orgrimar
    Orgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    Are you procing Molag kena? Could be making your ultimate cost go up for a few seconds
    AD

High Elf Magic Sorc Dro'Mathra Destroyer

PSN: SuperSaian8
    PS4 NA
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.

Currently observing: (Altmer Sorcerer with all passives) Shooting star requires 200 ultimate to cast. Cost stated as 170.
    Guess: Power Stone passive not reducing ultimate cost.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Yep.

Currently observing: (Altmer Sorcerer with all passives) Shooting star requires 200 ultimate to cast. Cost stated as 170.
    Guess: Power Stone passive not reducing ultimate cost.

Confirmed, cost is stated as 170 but will only go off past 200.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing in vICP indicates that class ultimates are not reduced either.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom , it looks like the Sorcerer passive Power Stone isn't functioning. :)
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Testing in vICP indicates that class ultimates are not reduced either.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom , it looks like the Sorcerer passive Power Stone isn't functioning. :)

Another ZOS gift to sorcs for this new patch... *sigh*
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not sorc related, the templar passive to reduce ulti costs is also not working.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not sorc related, the templar passive to reduce ulti costs is also not working.

Really now? I wonder if negation was altered as a result of last week's erm... activities...
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sooo my batswarm will not fire right now, my chars hand goes out like im trying to cast chains and failing over and over. In some situations my meteor will not fire aswell but my bats just will not work anywhere and its a serious problem, anyone else with issues?
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, pretty much every one of them I tried to use
    love is love
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same bug reported in alliance war forum section. ZOS acknowledged that post.
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    Prolly wat the down time is.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to know they are aware and working on it
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds alot like the overload bug thats been out for ...oh... year, More maybe? lol...but yes.. if a vampire or nightblade has ultimate issues by all means take down the server and get that *** fixed rofl!
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Sounds alot like the overload bug thats been out for ...oh... year, More maybe? lol...but yes.. if a vampire or nightblade has ultimate issues by all means take down the server and get that *** fixed rofl!

Haha yeah exactly this.
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭

Pretty sure I am just hearing a butt hurt sorc. xD
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god, I thought I was bugged. Couldn't fire of meteor or bat swarms
  • Asharin
    Asharin
    ✭✭
    Possibly why there's maintenance then?
  • dwright09ub17_ESO
    dwright09ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    how do you not test this crap
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shush, or they will start countless threads about how PvP ruined DB launch day with maintenance to fix totally just PvP issues, in no way related to PvE(TM)

Edited by Aisle9 on May 31, 2016 7:45PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am guessing you didn't try your Shooting Star, Charged Atronach, or Overload.. did you?
    love is love
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    Reapor wrote: »

Pretty sure I am just hearing a butt hurt sorc. xD

No you're hearing a legitimate complaint regarding a legitimate bug..
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you say if this is being fixed during the current maintenance or if it's confirmed at all?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    daemonios wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you say if this is being fixed during the current maintenance or if it's confirmed at all?

The current maintenance is not for this, but we'll dig into the reports of Power Stone not working properly once the servers are back up.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The current maintenance is not for this, but we'll dig into the reports of Power Stone not working properly once the servers are back up.

Thanks for dropping by with that update :)

Just wanted to add that going by what @lolo_01b16_ESO said, it seems to affect other classes in addition to sorcs.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You salty sorc seem to forget that the server was once taken down to hotfix the nonactivation of overload. So stop whining already.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

You salty sorc seem to forget that the server was once taken down to hotfix the nonactivation of overload. So stop whining already.

This is not about sorcs vs. other classes. Please don't pretend it is. I've updated the thread to reflect that the issue seems to affect all ultimate cost reduction passives. Get over youserlves and stop flaming.
    Edited by daemonios on May 31, 2016 10:08PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yep ultimate are bugged and not casting. Says I have enough ultimate but nothing happens...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp bats broken (cost reduction) on Sorc and dk must have far more than tool tip. Even when it shows its full it isn't.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • camilla_noctis
    camilla_noctis
    ✭✭✭
    I can't cast bat swarm at its reduced cost. Button is flashing, but no matter what it won't activate until I gain more ultimate to meet the full cost.

Mind you this cost reduction is probably the primary reason for staying at stage 4 combat-wise, and it simply isn't working.

Edit: video of me reproducing bug for bat swarm
    Edited by camilla_noctis on June 1, 2016 9:02AM
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭

Oh realy? I thought it works as intended. :D