The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka DK Theorycrafting idea DB

forzajuve212
forzajuve212
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I haven't been able to test much on PTS but I was wondering if anyone here has done extensive magicka dk pvp testing with the changes to block cost. What sets are you guys going to run? 5 heavy or 5 light? Currently, I'm thinking of trying 5 black rose + 2 blood + 3 willpower + 2 magnus for solo open world. What do you think about black rose vs 5 heavy kags? Also, how about CP tree? Are you going to be running shield play enchants or how many points are you putting into the new block cost CP in the green tree? Let me know what you guys think!

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    with the 3-4x upgrade to enchants and infused, i would consider instead of rose or kags the following as your craftable
    5pc torugs pact including infused weapon. (ench procs 100% with ~1 sec cool down after set and improved and also both set and infused beef the value.)
    put one of the drains (magica or health or one on each bar to let you swap betwixt and between.)
    if you are using staff, weave.
    if you are toe-to-toe, weave when resource matters or heck just weave.

(2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 1935 Spell Resistance
    (5 items) Reduce weapon enchantment's internal cooldown by 1 second. Increases enchantment potency by 30%.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    redacted
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 2:55AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some problem with file linking. Here ya go. @forzajuve212

This already accounts for the across the board increase to things like blocking by about 10.8% from my testing. Oh and input CP as a %. ie if you have 10% block cost reduction then input 10. So max value for this column would be 25. I also assumed 0 sturdy pieces as personally, I feel that the way block cost reduction calculations are done, sturdy << impen. Impen provides much better survivability than sturdy. You will be far better off just dropping block and taking the hits you can rather than using study which is applied almost at the end of the list of block cost reductions.. SOOOO MEH.

From my testing and calculations, block cost will see an across the board 30% 15% increase unless you make changes to your build by giving up jewellery enchants in favour of block cost reduction and start running more CP in block cost reduction. Ie: you need to actually give up *** tons of other stats to get the same block costs seen on live or even anywhere near it. You basically become a useless meat shield in PvP if you try to actually make block viable. You can run with fasallas and stam DKS will be in much better shape.... but mag DK running with SnB and heavy is GG lol..... You are going to pay upwards of around 1.6k stamina per second assuming you get hit every 0.5s. You will be at 0 stam in about 10 seconds if you run a 18-20k stampool.
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 8:40AM

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    File has been modified. Will re-attach below
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 3:41AM

• forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well next patch is gonna be fun to mag dk....
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 4:57AM

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the file

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well next patch is gonna be fun to mag dk....

@forzajuve212 :

Here's an idea. Run magicka DK in 5 light 2 heavy. That way you can still put in points in theif constellation to get 25% reduction for block while using your light armour to maintain magicka cost reduction. There is literally 0 reason to run heavy armour now. They replace bracing with some meagre weapon/spell damage + like what... 2k resistances which are worth jack ***. You'll be faaaaar better of running 5 small pieces light, and helm+shoulder monster set heavy for the reasonable returns. Your damage and magicka recovery will be far superior, you can get major armour/spell res buffs from volatile armour, still get the damage reduction + crit reduction from red constellation and still keep your magicka costs legitimate while giving up your theif constellation for 25% block cost reduction.

Im thinking something like 5 kags + 2 monster set heavy + 3 fasallas jewellery + SnB fasalla for group play... Replace fasallas with anything you like for solo open world play. Off bar ofcourse you have to run resto cos ur magicka dk... which means u will lose fasallas set bonus while healing yourself lol... Still better than 5 heavy.
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 5:17AM