Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Mount/Pet Option

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would it be possible to add an extra option under mounts/pets in the collectables UI which when selected as your active mount/pet means your character uses a random mount/pet each time one is summoned.
Players who have been around since release and buying a lot of limited mounts or just random ones they like would be able to see more of their collections without needing to manually change via their collection window every time.

For the mounts this would be every time the mounting hotkey is pressed the game would select a mount at random from your collections for you to summon and ride on. Dismounting and mounting again would change the active mount again.

For pets the choice would be made after every transition/loading screen. So when moving from zone to zone or in and out of dungeons a new pet is selected at random for your collections.

This could be expanded to allow for other collection items as well such as costumes, polymorphs, skins etc.

Basic mock up of what the UI option would look like.

qT1u903.png

For those who support the idea or would have critic please post to help stop this thread being buried.
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. I personally prefer choosing my mount according to which zone I'm in, but if I'm spending a lot of time in one zone this would be nice.
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome collection by the way :)
    PC/EU DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome collection by the way :)

Thanks, kind of forgot until after I made the post it would show off that I have spent a some money on this game. :sweat_smile:
    Interesting idea. I personally prefer choosing my mount according to which zone I'm in, but if I'm spending a lot of time in one zone this would be nice.

I do the same but I notice the more mundane horses rarely get selected by myself any more.

It would be interesting to see if they were able to expand the idea with something which selected zone appropriate mounts for your character. Although I would imagine that would be a pain to code and not worth the dev time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see if they were able to expand the idea with something which selected zone appropriate mounts for your character. Although I would imagine that would be a pain to code and not worth the dev time.

That would SO COOL! But yeah I imagine it would be too much work for a small change :(
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Thanks, kind of forgot until after I made the post it would show off that I have spent a some money on this game. :sweat_smile:

Gutted that I missed out on the Dapple Gray Palfrey, I hope they bring more types of horses into the game
    PC/EU DC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to you, sir. Great idea.