The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yup Flames of Oblivion

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've made countless threads about flames of oblivion and how I want it to be what the sorcerers now have (hurricane); the ability was changed not because of it being too OP even though many felt that it was border-line but supposedly it was a client issue that ability was supposedly causing but...look at hurricane. Flames of Oblivion was a great ability, it wasn't a mage light re-skin that happens to do damage every 5 seconds but instead it was an AoE DoT ability that damaged enemies near or in it.

Flames of Oblivion was a wonderful ability it served a great purpose for those who wanted an AoE DoT that was scaled with the ardent flame passive. Flames of Oblivion should be returned back to it's previous and be an ability that you can use and the cost would be consumed rather than slowly ticking the magicka + making it scaled to your highest resource would be great for PvP when it comes to finding hidden targets and PvE for extra AoE DoTs.

Edited by MaxwellC on May 28, 2016 1:35AM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind having the swirling flames back, but I hated the way the original skill worked. Constantly draining resource for a toggle is bad.

I'd prefer if they kept the ability as-is, but replace the fireball effect on activation with the old area effect swirling flames, and make one morph use green flames and deal poison damage so the stamknights can invest in it. The cauterize version doesnt get used by anyone, anyways.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely. It was a fun ability to use and I hate seeing what it is now, and thinking I wish they would change it back.
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ability is absolutely fine for PvE.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lynx7386
    Yeah I wouldn't mind but I'd rather it just be flames of oblivion so players won't complain about stamina DK getting 'stronger'. The fireball is good for single target but not for mobs and we lack a good AoE that utilizes the ardent flame passives.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as it never drains resources the way it did before. And as long as PvE usage isn't hosed in the process.

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)