The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dawnbreaker/meteor and their morphs

Parafrost
Parafrost
✭✭✭
Instead of giving one skill line strictly towards either magicka/stamina classes, why not just do physical dmg on one morph and magic dmg on the other? Just flat magic dmg or even keep fire dmg. Dawnbreaker of smiting sounds fitting for a magicka ultimate, since dawnbreaker gives weapon dmg while slotted. As for meteor, either morph sounds fitting for either physical or magic dmg.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summoning a Meteor doesn't exactly sound like a stamina action though, which physical damage would imply in this game. And since I don't really want either magicka or stamina to have more options than the other, I'm actually fine with Dawnbreaker being stamina only.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "We want more options! Give us a stamina morph of X!"

*X ability changed to stamina only*

"Yeah, so now, if you're magicka, you can only pick Meteor, and if you're stamina, you can only pick Dawnbreaker, when you could do both before. Options please?"

Way to go.
    #NoMoreElementSpecificRawDamageIncreaseAsCpStar
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Summoning a Meteor doesn't exactly sound like a stamina action though, which physical damage would imply in this game. And since I don't really want either magicka or stamina to have more options than the other, I'm actually fine with Dawnbreaker being stamina only.

Although this may be true, Dawnbreaker is a holy magical sword, which an avatar of the goddess Meridia herself. Doesn't sound very physical or stamina to me :p
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Meteor and Dawnbreaker should have a stam and magicka morph I mean it makes since.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    I totaly agree with this separation. If everything will have either magicka and stamina morph - where is the difference between them? It will make magicka and stamina builds less unique.
    But I still want stamina whip for DK's ^^
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Although this may be true, Dawnbreaker is a holy magical sword, which an avatar of the goddess Meridia herself. Doesn't sound very physical or stamina to me :p

You just said yourself "sword", that alone makes it qualified to be a physical ability.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For meteor, the magika morph could be like a magic comet whereas the stamina morph could be more like a large bolder falling from the sky.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

You just said yourself "sword", that alone makes it qualified to be a physical ability.

Exactly. lol
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭

Earth dmg could fall under physical dmg since its earth.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be kind of cool if every non-weapon, non-armor, non-class skill line, was designed to benefit stamina and magicka. I'd like to see a couple of magicka morphs/passives sprinkled into fighter's guild/WW and some stamina morphs/passives sprinkled into mage's guild/vampire.

I am not buying the whole calling a meteor has to be magic. They can just redo the animation to emphasize the physical aspect of the damage like they did with the Sorc skill hurricane.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 28, 2016 6:49PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather support the distinction, but I lament that it may lead to entire groups of new players ignoring the Fighters Guild storyline.

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, DBOS is still going to hit hard on a magicka DPS build despite not getting CP, and includes a knockdown.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Vangy
      Vangy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Flawless is for pve. Dbos is for pvp. It's like asking for a stamina morph of whip. Not gona happen. Either way you are taking away something from one group of players. Just use one of the other 981939301 magicka ultimates already in the game please. All stamina has is dawnbreaker and leap/one morph of incap. That's like 2 and a half skills out of like 20 ultimates.
      Edited by Vangy on May 28, 2016 6:45PM
      (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
      (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
      (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
      (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
      CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    2. ToRelax
      ToRelax
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Parafrost wrote: »

Hm, did you read my post? ^^
      I don't have a problem with a rock dealing physical damage, it just doesn't make any sense to me to scale rocks falling from the sky with mighty CP and armor penetration.
      DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
      The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    3. Refuse2GrowUp
      Refuse2GrowUp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think every skill should have three morphs. Two for whatever the primary intent of the skill is and one as an alternative. I.E. Meteor could have two magicka morphs and a stam morph. DK whip could have the two current magicka morphs and a stam, as could Sorc's chrystal shards/blast. Same could go the other way with stam skills like the (new) Dawnbreakers, with the two current stam morphs and a new majicka morph, and even weapon skills. Sure, it would take some creativity on the devs part to create magicka morphs for traditionally stam skills and stamina morphs for traditionally magicka morphs, but I think it would really open the game up in terms of options and build diversity.

Hell, I would pay a DLC fee to see separate PvP and PvE profiles and have expanded skill morph options.
      PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
      CP160 StamSorc
      CP160 Templar Healer
      CP160 Stam NB
      CP160 Magica Sorc
      Cp160 Stamplar
      CP160 Magicka NB
      CP160 DK Tank
      CP160 Stam DK
      CP160 Mag Templar
      CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    4. Ep1kMalware
      Ep1kMalware
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Instead of giving one skill line strictly towards either magicka/stamina classes, why not just do physical dmg on one morph and magic dmg on the other? Just flat magic dmg or even keep fire dmg. Dawnbreaker of smiting sounds fitting for a magicka ultimate, since dawnbreaker gives weapon dmg while slotted. As for meteor, either morph sounds fitting for either physical or magic dmg.

Id like to see that with ALL class ultimates. atm the only ult in the game (live) is dk's dragon leap.
    5. Parafrost
      Parafrost
      ✭✭✭

Id like to see that with ALL class ultimates. atm the only ult in the game (live) is dk's dragon leap.

make all ultimates do 1 type of dmg like ultimate damage. To make it count towards cp, they can base it off of highest stat. If your highest stat is stam then the mighty cp will affect the ultimates damage, vice versa for magicka.
    6. Parafrost
      Parafrost
      ✭✭✭

Hm, did you read my post? ^^
      I don't have a problem with a rock dealing physical damage, it just doesn't make any sense to me to scale rocks falling from the sky with mighty CP and armor penetration.

i understand what you said im just stating my thoughts on it lol. unmorphed version of stone fist is physical dmg.