The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting Community Demographic Poll

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have 9 Trait Everything but HAVEN'T Learned all Motifs
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

Unless it hit's the crown store I doubt I'll ever learn this one. I just don't PVP enough for the AP prices being demanded.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, almost, but won't be too long untill I'm done researching nirn 2h axes.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I'm Not 9 Trait and I HAVEN'T Learned all Motifs
    I have 8 traits for all clothing and woodworking and almost all blacksmithing, I haven't bothered with craglorn and I'm not going to pay those outrageous prices for nirnhoned items just for research.

For motifs I'm missing glass, Ancient Elf, Xivkyn, Akaviri, the orsinium styles and most of the alliance styles(have some of the Aldmeri pages).
    Edited by Skayaq on May 27, 2016 12:28PM
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much restarted everything on Console so Im still in the process of catching up. Ive got maybe one or two items on my Clothier that still has three researchable items. But most have just the nirnhoned left. Motifs are another story though. Theyre not easy to come by when youre upgrading horses, inventory slots and bank tabs. Im sure Ill have everything done just in time for them to add more traits and bags to things.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost have all 9 traits, hopefully I'll be done researching this summer, ha! 1 year after I started playing! :/ But I still have quite a few motifs to learn.
    PC/EU DC
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got something else to do than waste millions on motifs, even if I have most of those. Also, screw 9 traits everything (I do have 8 traits everywhere with a few at 9).
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 traits in LA which is what I mostly use, still working on it in MA and Woodworking. I haven't even got 8 in most Smithing since I use very little HA or blades. I have most of the motifs I actually *like* but chasing all of them, including the ones I don't care for, nah.

+awesome for use of the word "indicative" :)
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have 9 Trait Everything and HAVE Learned All current Motifs
    Some days I was there was a 10th trait lol but I am looking forward to getting the new motifs with DB!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be August/September before I have 9 traits in everything. For the motifs I still need 8 Trinimac, 7 Malacath and 11 Akaviri but I've got all the rest, until Dark Brotherhood adds a load more :-(
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've learned all 9 traits and all the motifs I want to. Some motifs are just ugly IMO and I'm not wasting my time on those. However I would buy the Akaviri motif at some point, (I don't pvp enough to earn it.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I'm Not 9 Trait but i HAVE Learned all Motifs
    can never afford the nernhoned gear to learn it lol freaking 10-25k per peice >>
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been 9 trait since about 2 months after Nirn was introduced. I originally spread it across 2 characters to do it faster, but now my main has it all. I am not the biggest fan of how motifs work now in this game. It's a little grindy for my taste. I am still missing a few of the new ones, but I don't really care. Will probably buy most of them in traders after the market crashes following their releases in the crown store.

As long as I can make all the sets, I am good. Crafting is gear is just not that profitable anymore, so getting every last motif is just not that important to me.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is my primary objective in the game. Every bit of gold I made went to buying motif pages I didn't have yet. When I had to grind, before finishing, I did activities that could net me motif pages that I could use or trade for the ones I didn't have.

It is not even to craft stuff for other people. It is for the personal satisfaction of being able to say that I'm a master crafter.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?
    so if I do NOT have all 9 traits on EVERYTHING, i'm not part of the crafter community ? '-'
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are the Mule. Lower your shields and surrender your gold.
    We will add your motifs and faction distinctiveness to our own.
    Your guild will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 traits in all

All common motifs (that is the vanilla blue and purple ones)

A few mismatched pages from the DLC and later styles (Akaviri head and chest from when I PVP'd a bit)

I still need to do all my Nirnhoned research, but it's just so expensive that I'll just wait for DB to drop.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this a demographics poll?
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8/9 Traits and I have most armor motifs since a lot of the weapon motifs look ugly.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

I had pretty much decided NOT to get Akaviri motif, due to the high gold and/or AP cost. But I found some good deals on about half of them in guild stores. I just started PVP in January (even though been here since release), and was surprised at how fast the AP adds up. I decided to go ahead and spend the AP (about 2.5 mil) on the rest. There really is nothing else but siege to buy with AP, so what the hell. However, I may still not craft the set, since it will cost 350k AP for just the goldscale, not including weapons. This is really ridiculous. No other motif is even close to this expense.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only have all nine traits in a few, specific items.
    I have not learned all Motif's.

But I still am able to craft everything that my Guilds need, and that my characters need, and I sell stuff pretty frequently, so I'm good with that.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Pigment
    Pigment
    ✭✭
    I'm working on those 9 traits. I'm at 8 in Light, Heavy, & Woodworking currently. As for motifs, I have most except for Daggerfall & Akaviri. I'm horrible about spending all my money on motifs, it's why I'm always broke :#
    @ikon0 / Alt-aholic / PC / NA
    Pigment / AD / Altmer / Templar
    Pay Me / AD / Dark Elf / Dragonknight
    Pay Up / AD / High Elf / Sorcerer
    Puerto Rico / EP / Redguard / Dragonknight
    Puerto Vallarta / DC / Redguard / Sorcerer
    Perimo / AD / Argonian / Nightblade
    Puerto Cabello / AD / Khajiit / Nightblade
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not even close as I refuse to waste skill points on the research time passives because ZOS decided to make this take an eternity.

Speaking of 9 traits, I was surprised to see that Morkuldin takes 9...the final bonus isn't that great imo.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    can never afford the nernhoned gear to learn it lol freaking 10-25k per peice >>

Buy a nirnhoned armour piece at 10k and research it. Buy 2 fortified nirncrux at 5k each and make 2 nirnhoned armour. Sell nirnhoned armour for 10k each. Net spend = zero. Repeat until you've researched all nirnhoned traits
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I'm Not 9 Trait but i HAVE Learned all Motifs
    jircris11 wrote: »

Buy a nirnhoned armour piece at 10k and research it. Buy 2 fortified nirncrux at 5k each and make 2 nirnhoned armour. Sell nirnhoned armour for 10k each. Net spend = zero. Repeat until you've researched all nirnhoned traits

Or just farm the nirn... most crafters will make you research pieces for no cost if you have the nirn already.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All nine traits researched and only a couple motifs to learn! B)

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very close to my last 9 trait items and the rest of faction motifs.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of splitting up hard crafts between 2 characters, back at launch. Then I realized most of my friends and guildmates were way ahead of me in everything, so I started giving away rare motifs (like the gold Xivkyn book I got in the sewers). Now I have a personal army of tailors and weapon makers- which works out great, unless they leave the game...
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a few 9 trait stuff (woodworking, some clothing). Probably never going to learn all the motifs, as I'm only interested in a few styles. Until recently I still hadn't learned all the basic racial styles yet.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm working on the all motif's... Almost there, almost there...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing 10 weeks ago.
    I can 6 trait any item and I know all except for Akaviri and Imperial
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel