Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Healer Build Help

The_Lex
The_Lex
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm leveling a new Templar exclusively for PvP Healing--he's v2 and sitting on 228 CPs. Healing in PvE has not been an issue, but I want to start getting into PvP now. I've trolled through the forums for build advice, but most is either outdated or just suggests spamming healing springs and/or rapid regen.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Edited by The_Lex on May 18, 2016 3:15PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also like your input on whether it's worth while to run Immovable (since I wear HA) or Defensive Stance?

How does this set-up look:

Bar 1: Resto
    Flex (Immovable or Proxy Det)
    Rapid Regen
    Combat prayer
    Channeled focus
    Efficient Purge

Bar 2: 1H and Shield
    Purifying ritual
    Repentance
    BoL
    Blazing Spear or Aurora Javelin (depending if I am on a Keep wall)
    Dark Flare

I started wearing 2H and 5L (no undaunted passive yet) in Seducers/Torug's Pact. I have the Thief stone active.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use armor skills wether you wear the armor types or not. I use Evasion and Immovable, but without morphing them, since the morph bonus depend on how many pieces of medium or heavy armor you wear, it's pointless for me in 5 light to use :p

My bar setup for pvp changes, depending on wether I heal a small group of friends, or if I'm in a zerg. Most often I join randoms as a DD and do as much healing as possible, because they tend to need it :p

My usual setup for random groups:

Resto staff:
    • Structured Entrophy / Extended Ritual (best to morph to Purifying Ritual for pvp, but I am lazy)
    • Blazing Spear
    • Rapid Regeneration/ Healing Springs
    • Breath of Life
    • Inner Light
    • Ultimate: Nova

Dual Wield:
    • Structured Entrophy/ Vampires Bane
    • Punturing Sweep
    • Dark Flare
    • Radiant Glory
    • Inner Light
    • Ultimate: Meteor

My setup for healing good friends depend a little, I sometimes join them as a DD with off healing, and I keep the bars as they are shown as above - but if needed, I change to this:

Resto staff:
    • Inner Light
    • Blazing Spear
    • Rapid Regeneration
    • Healing Springs/ Combat Prayer
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Barrier

Destro staff:
    • Inner Light/ Eclipse
    • Puncturing Sweep
    • Crushing Shock /Dark Flare
    • Elemental Drain
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Warhorn

I think it really depends on your playstyle and what you feel most comfortable with, when you go and do pvp. The enemies are not scripted like they are in pve..
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an FYI - Immovable will give you an extra 10% damage mitigation (5280 resistance / (1000 * level)) assuming you're not at the resistance cap of 32.5k. No idea on the benefits of block reduction though.

• The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO

Thanks for the insight. If you noticed, I have Efficient Purge on one bar and Purifying Ritual on the other bar. I know that my group has to activate the synergy with Purifying Rit. but do you think that having both forms of purge is a bit overkill?

Since I started PvP healing, I mainly group up with my guild. Sometimes, though, they tend to spread out quite a bit, which forces me to run a round a lot more often. :p So, tend to not simply remain the back of the group. That's why I was hoping to run Immovable for the extra mitigation.
    Edited by The_Lex on May 18, 2016 8:03PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As an FYI - Immovable will give you an extra 10% damage mitigation (5280 resistance / (1000 * level)) assuming you're not at the resistance cap of 32.5k. No idea on the benefits of block reduction though.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm mainly looking for more mitigation (the CC immunity time is far too short - I'll use pots for that.) :)
    Edited by The_Lex on May 18, 2016 8:05PM
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have never bothered, since i usually outheal the damage unless it is extremely high. I have never had the experience of joining a team for pvp, wether it is with friends, guildies or randoms where I only healed - I usually have to pull equal amount of damage, defend myself + heal everybody >.<

..so I use Extended Ritual for an extra heal-over-time + higher heals within the circle, if anyone activates the synergy to purge then good for them.

I could also become an extremely good healer, if I botherd to spend my Champion Points in Blessed, with 3k-4k ticks on HoTs, but my teams are not worth it. I have to constantly balance my own defence and damage against healing my team. For you however, it might be a very good thing to slot Purge.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on May 18, 2016 8:39PM