Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Second AD character problem

Wampaboots
Wampaboots
Soul Shriven
I'm not very far into the game, but decided to create a second character n the Aldmeri Dominion storyline. When I go to the merchant to get the Marine disguise, it tells me I can't acquire it as it is a unique item and I already have it. I dovaleady have it for my first character. How do I get it for my second character bearing in mind that the bank is in the area I need the disguise to get into?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to pick it up even if there is one in your bank, are you sure it's not in your character's inventory?

Failing that you should be able to go back to the starting island and use the bank there if you have to.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Wampaboots
    Wampaboots
    Soul Shriven
    It's definitely not in my inventory as it is under the Appearance heading and I don't have that in my inventory. When I open the chest, it just tells me I can't loot that item. The area I'm in IS the first island. I can travel to Karnathi's Roost, but not sure if there is a bank there. I'll check next time I get on. Thanks.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found that error is usually more accurate than your inventory - especially if you're running any addons for inventory.

Check under your armor tab in your inventory and, if it STILL isn't there tonight, you may have to disable any addons you're running, relog, and then look again.
    Edited by Kungfu on May 17, 2016 9:46PM
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe just log back onto your main and destroy the unifrom then pick it back up with your alt
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to the thieves den and visit the bank there and get the disguise.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wampaboots wrote: »
    I'm not very far into the game, but decided to create a second character n the Aldmeri Dominion storyline. When I go to the merchant to get the Marine disguise, it tells me I can't acquire it as it is a unique item and I already have it. I dovaleady have it for my first character. How do I get it for my second character bearing in mind that the bank is in the area I need the disguise to get into?

If it isnt in your gear area,look in Quest items.It could be there.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you haven't equipped the costume?

Sometimes these things are in the quest-tab and not armor tab in your inventory, so check that out too.