Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player needs advice

dposdb14_ESO
dposdb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
So I'm just now returning (ps4 - no dlc), never got to far just to level 28 and had a couple of questions.

So I'm making an Imperial DK for mostly solo play. May also try some tanking but my previous mmo experiences tell me that I'm not a great tank (usually a healer in mmo's). I'll be focusing in on a physical build (2h, s&b, dw). I'll be using heavy armor, but I'll have a piece of each for leveling purposes (same with skills on skill bar).

So my questions:
Stat points, how should they be allocated as I level (magicka, health, sta)?

Any suggested builds (I'm in love with fiery grip so will most likely be using it)?

Any suggested weapons, I'm open to 2h, s&b, dw, so any of those?

Crafting, should I do it, if yes which ones and how far in to progress it?

That's it for now. Any help is appreciated. And I'm sure once I'm familiar with this game again I'll dust off my healer or make a new one.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling 1 to 50, it really does not matter. Its more important to get skills leveled rather than worry about an optimal build.

Heavy Armor is really only good for Tanking, or mixing two pieces with 5 Light on squishy casters. Use Medium for Stamina, Light for Magic. But, all three should be leveled like your planning on doing. You never know what will change in the future.

If your not Tanking, all attribute points should be in the Stamina or Magic, depending on what your basing your character on. Only a dedicated Tank should have anything in Health, and I would say that Glyphs can probably take care of that aspect.

What ever weapons you want, but remember, if your going Magic, the Destro Staff is the way to go. If you do want to do some Tanking, develop One Hand/Shield so you can use that, even if your magic.

You won't have enough points to invest in crafting, but you should decon mob loot to level the skills, and research traits. Concentrate on the traits you will use first, then flesh out the others. You can make decent gear only knowing 2 traits, and some powerful stuff knowing 6. If you focus on the gear you use (7 Armors, 2 Weapons, Shield), then you can get 6 traits in 1 to 2 months. Alchemy and Provisioning you can level to 50 in an hour. Enchanting takes a while, but deconning mob loot glyphs will get you there, eventually.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"