Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does someone get so powerful in this game?!

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    PvE world bosses are not that hard, I soled most of them since lvl20 or something. At the beginning I got my butt handed to me, then, eventually, learned how to kill them effectively.

I'm not sure what will happen at vr16 (or cp501 when DB goes live), because I'm still v7, but I'll let you know as soon as I hit it. Took me a couple of weeks to get here, I expect 1 or 2 more to cap.

The world bosses in Wrothgar and Hew's bane at V16 are no joke. After completing the main quests and pretty much everything at V15, I finally got the upgrade to ESO plus and then finally making V16. So, I been milking around in between Wrothgar and Hew's Bane for the past week trying to harvest rubedite like crazy, but at the same time, still having fun getting into the grinds helping others fight those bosses at V16.

Only one time, I joined the fray with a Captain and a First Sergeant rank guys. So, the 3 of us were able to beat one boss. Otherwise, most of the time, if you don't have a couple die-hard veterans with you, it seems you would need at the least 4-5 to effectively kill a V16 boss without you dying so much.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the sound of this post, you just ugraded to epic whatever quest rewards you got. Are you even using armor sets ?

I haven't really run into any good sets yet. I think it's because I haven't joined in on the fray at the group dungeons. I read from some posts that you can get good sets in those dungeons. So far, all I was able to muster from are 4 pieces of the Pariah sets, but these seem to focus on heath. I am looking for more Stamina. I was able to get Leki's Axe (legendary) by purchase and this appear to focus on stamina build. I haven't ran into any more of the Leki set, other than a couple other pieces for sale at outrageous prices at the guild traders.

That would be my other beef or post, if I would post, and I'm sure many people probably have complained about it already. Why the freaking heck are the prices so high with the guild traders?! Even for a game, it's no joke seeing a ring for sale at 150K to 250K. Also somebody put stuffs on sale at 800K and 800K. Who would buy that stuff. That's crazy. Must be some billionaires inside this game.
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    PvE world bosses are not that hard, I soled most of them since lvl20 or something. At the beginning I got my butt handed to me, then, eventually, learned how to kill them effectively.

I'm not sure what will happen at vr16 (or cp501 when DB goes live), because I'm still v7, but I'll let you know as soon as I hit it. Took me a couple of weeks to get here, I expect 1 or 2 more to cap.

The world bosses in Wrothgar and Hew's bane at V16 are no joke. After completing the main quests and pretty much everything at V15, I finally got the upgrade to ESO plus and then finally making V16. So, I been milking around in between Wrothgar and Hew's Bane for the past week trying to harvest rubedite like crazy, but at the same time, still having fun getting into the grinds helping others fight those bosses at V16.

Only one time, I joined the fray with a Captain and a First Sergeant rank guys. So, the 3 of us were able to beat one boss. Otherwise, most of the time, if you don't have a couple die-hard veterans with you, it seems you would need at the least 4-5 to effectively kill a V16 boss without you dying so much.

Those captain and first sergeant ranks are PvP ranks. They don't mean anything for character power btw...

Also, a lot of sets are crafted and others drop either from trials or are bought with currency in IC or whatever.

Also, good VR16 rings at 150-250k gold are not really expensive...

I would suggest you to read on the game and get informed, because from the sound of it, you are pretty much doing what you SHOULD NOT. You know those threads bitching about LFG random DPS doing really bad and not avoiding fire and dying because they don't know the mechanics.... I'm sorry to tell you, that's you lol...

Edited by Averya_Teira on May 17, 2016 4:14PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have.... 20 something gold armor peices and still run like half purp.

I love changing and trying new ideas. - Many of which that fail to the higher tiered builds. And a few that don't.

Don't fret over the armor (DO NOT get frustrated and decon a gold peice trying to get mats back, you'll get nothing and sad, I learned this the hard way)

A few tips that really helped me (mainly PvP):

Higher Spell/Weapon Damage = effective against less skilled players
    Higher Regen = effective against more skilled players

To kill = Burst damage absolutely necessary

Though I'm very much on the fence with impenetrable. With my sorc (and this is mainly for sorcs, but in DB more everyone) when I have a shield up, there is no crit, so impenetrable has no effect, I then consider divines (etc) which improves my shield (or regen etc) for a constant effect.

Medium and Light Armors are best for dealing damage

CC = how you get to execute your burst.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please please please do not make anything legendary that is not a set. There are plenty of craftable sets you can explore including one that makes you breathe fire, one that summons a sword, one that knocks enemies down if your hp gets to low, one that steals health, etc. The meta picks would be the sets hungings rage and julianos because they boost your damage directly. Armor master and hist bark would be recommended for tankier builds.

I just don't want to see you find a set you like and then realize you blew all those legendary mats on something not worthwhile.

This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    People recommend theory crafting sites, but then suggest impen. All the sites always have builds with divines for PvP. What gives? Impen or divines?

Depends on whether you prefer mostly PvP (use mostly Impenetrable trait on your gear) or PvE (you get more damage overall from the divines trait on most of your gear, especially with the Twice Born Star set). In PvE, very few mobs ever do critical damage against you, so Impenetrable is a waste. In PvP, it is important to be able to survive multiple crit attacks from other players.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Quit eso now, trust me. Maybe come back after DB comes, but right now the game is a complete waste of time. If they dont start patching/updating or even just *** communicating (meaningful information) atleast monthly after DB, I'll be out for good.

This will put them further behind the Champion Point race. How about not using your personal agenda to make someone else's situation worse. I have 556 CP (of which I can use 501), and I can take down the giants and even most world bosses with ease, while I see others struggle with it. Usually they ask to tag along, and I'm fine with that. I remember what that was like and try to help them with the game.

I suppose your are right. But I feel an obligation to atleast try to inform players that say they are new what to expect (more like what not to) from ZOS. With no more DLC coming, Im genuinely concerned with how much attention ZOS will give this game and its community.

Also, I wish I had been able to understand the issues this game has with endgame content (Mainly endgame PvP but PvE as well). One thing I really wish I knew of was animation canceling. Its just the sort of thing no other legit MMO game dev would think twice about leaving in a game, and it just seems to encourage other "exploits".
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest you to read on the game and get informed, because from the sound of it, you are pretty much doing what you SHOULD NOT. You know those threads bitching about LFG random DPS doing really bad and not avoiding fire and dying because they don't know the mechanics.... I'm sorry to tell you, that's you lol...

I couldn't agree more with you. I'm learning. Didn't realized this game is more than just diving in and bashing everything in sight to beat the main story.

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    please please please do not make anything legendary that is not a set. There are plenty of craftable sets you can explore including one that makes you breathe fire, one that summons a sword, one that knocks enemies down if your hp gets to low, one that steals health, etc. The meta picks would be the sets hungings rage and julianos because they boost your damage directly. Armor master and hist bark would be recommended for tankier builds.

I just don't want to see you find a set you like and then realize you blew all those legendary mats on something not worthwhile.

I got you. You made one mistake and learn from it, which I did. Thanks to all the tips and advices on here, I see the different sets. I'm looking to boost my stamina and weapon damage traits, so what I found so far that fits are the Leki, Fury and Willpower sets which seem to boost health, stamina and weapon damages. Of course, one of the sets, I will have all 5. All are purple right now, but you're right, soon as I find the right fit, then yes, will upgrade to gold.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People recommend theory crafting sites, but then suggest impen. All the sites always have builds with divines for PvP. What gives? Impen or divines?

Depends on whether you prefer mostly PvP (use mostly Impenetrable trait on your gear) or PvE (you get more damage overall from the divines trait on most of your gear, especially with the Twice Born Star set). In PvE, very few mobs ever do critical damage against you, so Impenetrable is a waste. In PvP, it is important to be able to survive multiple crit attacks from other players.

Thanks for the tip. I got one of those impenetrable passive abilities and helping a lot against the big bosses. What is the divine traits, though?
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

Thanks for the tip. I got one of those impenetrable passive abilities and helping a lot against the big bosses. What is the divine traits, though?

Impenetrable actually doesn't do anything 8n PVE, as NPCS cannot crit against you. Divines boosts your mind us stones effect by a percentage. You know the standing stone things that give you a specific buff? They essentially had them in Skyrim too. But anyways, the divi es ability increases those buffs.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie