Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

How does someone get so powerful in this game?!

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll tell you.. when you reached V16, it doesn't seem it matters that you're at champion rank 16 or V16 because it seems there are different tiers or ranks within V16 itself or something. There are many steerly eye cold-blooded killers who are V16. I guess these folks have been playing for a long time. I ran into plenty of folks that could take out an enemy with a few hits where it would take me 8 to 10. For example. I saw someone take out a giant and another time a mammoth with 3 or 4 hits. I also ran into a couple V16 who took out one of the skull/crossbone location boss, just by them two. They are Captain and First Sergeant titled under their character names. When I reached V16, I ventured into Cyrodiil, I got my butt handed to me by someone from the other pact who took me out in about 5 hits, even with me taking the health potion, and trying to block, rejuvenate myself with my abilities. I only managed to get a couple hits in, but I got dessimated 2 or 3 times like that. I keep seeing I'm getting hit by 6000 to 15000 rank hits.. by crystal shards. Where can you get these crystal shards ability? Granted, I only have 20000 health points. 3 or 4 hits at that level, and you're done. How does someone get that powerful in this game?? These are some savages!
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill
    Knowledge
    CP
    Gear

Edited by Wollust on May 16, 2016 2:10PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I'll tell you.. when you reached V16, it doesn't seem it matters that you're at champion rank 16 or V16 because it seems there are different tiers or ranks within V16 itself or something. There are many steerly eye cold-blooded killers who are V16. I guess these folks have been playing for a long time. I ran into plenty of folks that could take out an enemy with a few hits where it would take me 8 to 10. For example. I saw someone take out a giant and another time a mammoth with 3 or 4 hits. I also ran into a couple V16 who took out one of the skull/crossbone location boss, just by them two. They are Captain and First Sergeant titled under their character names. When I reached V16, I ventured into Cyrodiil, I got my butt handed to me by someone from the other pact who took me out in about 5 hits, even with me taking the health potion, and trying to block, rejuvenate myself with my abilities. I only managed to get a couple hits in, but I got dessimated 2 or 3 times like that. I keep seeing I'm getting hit by 6000 to 15000 rank hits.. by crystal shards. Where can you get these crystal shards ability? Granted, I only have 20000 health points. 3 or 4 hits at that level, and you're done. How does someone get that powerful in this game?? These are some savages!

Crystal Shards is a Sorcerer ability. You need more champion points and better gear along with a good build to get like that.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you wanting to pvp or pve? Do you have set peice gear or random items? Are you light or medium or heavy armor? Do you have set jewelry? Are you weapons gold? What class are you?
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes a lot of time and patience, trial and error, and champion points. You will get there eventually. It's hard work, but ESO rewards those willing to stick to the grind with this power which you seek.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Atreust
    Atreust
    ✭✭
    Someone who is V16 with 160 champion points versus someone who is V16 with 501 champion points will be a very big difference in power. These are very likely the people you see destroying V16 monsters in a few hits. It is also pretty easy to solo world bosses at that point too.
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    Knowledge is power.
    ― Francis Bacon

But the thing is....

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
    ― Albert Einstein

P.S not to be offensive just putting some quotes so that it would be easier than to type wall of text. ;)
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Quit eso now, trust me. Maybe come back after DB comes, but right now the game is a complete waste of time. If they dont start patching/updating or even just *** communicating (meaningful information) atleast monthly after DB, I'll be out for good.
    Edited by Serenityx on May 16, 2016 2:24PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atreust wrote: »
    Someone who is V16 with 160 champion points versus someone who is V16 with 501 champion points will be a very big difference in power. These are very likely the people you see destroying V16 monsters in a few hits. It is also pretty easy to solo world bosses at that point too.

I've got way less than 501 champion points and world bosses have got very easy. These champion points make the game very easy to the point where I have grown bored and unfortunately will be moving on soon.

PVP is a totally different animal and there's some classes and builds that just wreck people. Hell I feel like one of those world bosses out there sometimes...It's really the only ting challenging enough to keep me hanging on.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Quit eso now, trust me. Maybe come back after DB comes, but right now the game is a complete waste of time. If they dont start patching/updating or even just *** communicating (meaningful information) atleast monthly after DB, I'll be out for good.

This will put them further behind the Champion Point race. How about not using your personal agenda to make someone else's situation worse. I have 556 CP (of which I can use 501), and I can take down the giants and even most world bosses with ease, while I see others struggle with it. Usually they ask to tag along, and I'm fine with that. I remember what that was like and try to help them with the game.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »

Just LOL ... especially given your name
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be OP, its all about mindset

Nascent
    Optimism
    Learned
    Inquisitive
    Fortitudinous
    Experienced
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post ! I would rather read a honest post like this then many others asking to bring the game down to their level .

There are many resources . Like em or not , they're great tools .

Tamriel Foundry

Deltia's Gaming

SypherPK Web page

ESO Acedemy

And

Players helping players forum here .

Joining a great guild helps too . For really learning , it's not always the big ones . Ask questions on the forums here about gear setups , Champion point set ups and skill templates . Get use to the basics , start winning . Then start your own experiments "Theorycrafting" . Best of luck to you . It's work but so worth it when you are dominating your play style .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on May 16, 2016 3:25PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a learning curve. The first times you go there, you are going to die a lot. Then you start getting the hang of it.

Also, if you are going against high crit builds and you don't have Impenetrable gear, they are going to do a lot of damage.

Champion points make a difference, but also where you put them. And which skills synergize with each other. That will really up your damage output. There is a lot to learn in this game.
    The Moot Councillor
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I see that CP is where it is at. I'm about at 200 CP.. so, I see, 200 compared to 501 makes a world of different. It's the PvP where I get my butt thrown back at me. I see now I probably went up against those with much more higher CP.
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    Are you wanting to pvp or pve? Do you have set peice gear or random items? Are you light or medium or heavy armor? Do you have set jewelry? Are you weapons gold? What class are you?

I'm Ebonhart DragonKnight with heavy armors, right now pretty all epic levels. For the past week, I been mining rudebite ore my butts off trying to refine and get enough tamporing alloys to upgrade all my stuff to legendary. I been using two-handed weapon up to reaching V16 and beating the main quest. I since took a liking to the bow, so the bow's been my primary and axe is my back-up. I just finally upgrade my bow to legendary and working on the rest. I'm not really wanting to PvP. It just when I was in Cyrodiil doing quests, I saw one of my pact castle being attacked. So, I went to check what's going on and to lend a hand. That's when I ran into the other pact members and yeah, I got thrashed. Same when doing the lumber quest, I run into the other pact member and thrashed by a Captain ranked. So, I been trying to CP up more before I head back into Cyrodiil. just in case I run into the other powerful pact members and have somewhat of a fighting chance. I'm only about a month into this game and not yet acclimated into the group thing yet. Maybe that would be a good thing to do.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just CP. I would say it is far more a L2P issue than it is a CP one. 501 CP players that don't know what they are doing, are going to be worse than a 160 CP player that does.

Non DLC world bosses/public dungeon bosses can be beat pretty easily just by wearing set gear, knowing when to to hit and with what, knowing when to block when to dodge. No CP required at all, seriously.

In PVP I'm guessing you aren't wearing any Impenetrable traited gear, and perhaps some of the people you attack are. This will make a difference which sounds like the one you are describing.

I suggest going to the no CP campaign and playing to see if you do better, worse or about the same there. If you don't do any better, then the issue is not CP. CP just isn't the be all end all everyone makes it out to be.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback, Roehamad_Ali and AlnilamE . I see I still have a lot to learn and experiment. With more CPs and allocating it right, and gold armors and weapon, I should be better off. I am understanding the bigger picture of this game.

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I see that CP is where it is at. I'm about at 200 CP.. so, I see, 200 compared to 501 makes a world of different. It's the PvP where I get my butt thrown back at me. I see now I probably went up against those with much more higher CP.

I'm Ebonhart DragonKnight with heavy armors, right now pretty all epic levels. For the past week, I been mining rudebite ore my butts off trying to refine and get enough tamporing alloys to upgrade all my stuff to legendary. I been using two-handed weapon up to reaching V16 and beating the main quest. I since took a liking to the bow, so the bow's been my primary and axe is my back-up. I just finally upgrade my bow to legendary and working on the rest. I'm not really wanting to PvP. It just when I was in Cyrodiil doing quests, I saw one of my pact castle being attacked. So, I went to check what's going on and to lend a hand. That's when I ran into the other pact members and yeah, I got thrashed. Same when doing the lumber quest, I run into the other pact member and thrashed by a Captain ranked. So, I been trying to CP up more before I head back into Cyrodiil. just in case I run into the other powerful pact members and have somewhat of a fighting chance. I'm only about a month into this game and not yet acclimated into the group thing yet. Maybe that would be a good thing to do.

Cp will make a difference.

But ( unfortunately) heavy armor isn't really the best thing for dealing damage. It's meh for mitigating it too imo....

What sets are you using? Legendary gear won't mean anything if it's not a set.

Edited by Shunravi on May 16, 2016 3:43PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP and animation canceling + plus gear.

The skill comes from knowing how to animation cancel.

No skill is required for Proxy Det + VD kamikaze though.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploiting broken game mechanics mostly it seems for some. On top of that no caps for resources some folks can be quite a challenge to kill off.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What most people don't know is that the harder you press your buttons, the stronger the attack will be.
    Edited by Kammakazi on May 16, 2016 3:48PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    What most people don't know is that the harder you press your buttons, the stronger the attack will be.

So that's why slamming my face on my keyboard gets such good results...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically:

1. First thing to understand is, what works in pve will not work in pvp. They are completely different, you will need a pvp build, look around google theres quite a few.
    2. Your cp is low, to be competitive in a cp enabled campaign you'll need at least 300-350cp, so make your campain asura star, cp is disabled in that campaign.
    3. I'm not sure if you are, but you can't just wear v15/16 gear. It has to at least be a set. Everyone slot should at least be a set item, this is where finding a build will help because a build will show you it's sets.
    4. Experience is key, you've started and have basically no pvp experience. Which is fine that will come with time. Look at pvp vids for your type of character.

5. Watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug You should likely just get used to pvp first, what abilites to use, whats good, what sets etc... before you delve into animation cancelling. The most basic form is literally just tapping your attack button then using a skill , this is called weaving and increases your dmg.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, theres still a lot more though.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Practice makes perfect. And if you have a lot of time (and dedication) to practice, you can get reel gud :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Skill
    Knowledge
    CP
    Gear

This exactly.

And that Matt Firor leads the team. The CP system is great for creating imbalance in the game. While I like it (since I'm at max) I see its failures even with the major adjustments due to its poor design when it was implemented.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG

O_o

phehe!
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenhaloX

Please ditch the heavy armor and go medium. Dk is the hardest hitting class in the game for stamina

U have the bow and 2h choice right but you should craft a medium impenetrable set if your going to be in cyrodil. Hunding works great or whatever you like.
    Edited by sirrmattus on May 16, 2016 4:03PM
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    It takes a lot of time and patience, trial and error, and champion points. You will get there eventually. It's hard work, but ESO rewards those willing to stick to the grind with this power which you seek.

LMAO let's not kid ourselves, you are talking bs. You just put every CP you have into damage and the first person to nuke the other wins.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a year to master my characters but still I am imperfect! :/
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont make your armor gold unless you're 100% sure that the item sets are suited for your playstyle/build. Otherwise its a waste of expensive mats.

All pvp gear should have the impenetrable trait for example.

To learn pvp and find out whats working for you purple v15 gear with purple v16 weapons will do.

Keep in mind that heavy armor is an armor type that is usually used for tanking, which is a support role.

Making a solid pvp build is not easy, I would advise medium armor stamina DK with 2H and Bow. If you search for Alcast on Youtube you'll get build videos with a very detailed explaination.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭